Amici's East Coast Pizzeria Reviews

Peter Cooperstein and Mike Forter

1. Fast Paced, very demanding environment

Former Employee - Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Amici's East Coast Pizzeria part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at the Soma location in SF so it was really fun being aroung all the baseball fans during the season. A pro is that you are entitled to one meal per shift.

Cons

Most of the workers here are Brazilian and anytime there is a job opening, they usually just refer a friend or family member that has no prior restuarnt experience and so the people that have worked there forever are not given the oppourtunity to be promoted. also, during baseball season or any special events, they require you to work two weekends days and sometimes your shifts are from a certain time to "x" time off and so you can never make plans with friends because you never know what time you will be off.

Advice to Management

To treat everyone as an equal regardless of race and position they are in. In terms of personal growth, i'd say to offer promotions to those that have dedicated years to the success of the company by promoting from within.

2. Pizza maker

Current Employee - Pizza Maker in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Pizza Maker in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Amici's East Coast Pizzeria part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tine goes fast, free food, easy job after yoy know how to do the things

Cons

Cleaning so much, pizza makers clean all restaurants and bathrooms,

Advice to Management

Be more patient

3. Favoritism exists in this company

Former Employee - Pizza Maker in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Pizza Maker in San Jose, CA

I worked at Amici's East Coast Pizzeria part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy onterview
    Good average salary
    Could be the food, but no time.for.eating anyway

Cons

As a cook you do the cooking, always busy never stops,
    Favoritism, 90 percent of employees are new, because everybody quits, or they get fired
    You get to clean as a janitor, clean toilet etc etc, no joke

Advice to Management

Be patient, and avoid favoritism

Amici's East Coast Pizzeria Response

Nov 4, 2014Director of Human Resources

The reviewer is right that Amici’s is busy and that we have high standards for performance. We want to give our customers the best! And, in exchange we pay well for excellent performance.

It’s
    ... More

5. Great place to work out as you pay your way through college

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danville, CA

I have been working at Amici's East Coast Pizzeria part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Several opportunities for other positions. You can start off as a cashier and work your way up the customer service chain to potentially work as a Server, Delivery Driver, Supervisor, Assistant Manager, and Store Manager. Additionally if you want you want to work in the higher labor positions, you can start as a dish washer and work your way up to Food preparation, Salads, Pastas, Pizza cooks which are incredibly disciplined and lastly I believe Kitchen manager.

Working here, has some very awesome perks. Such as being able to eat for free as long as you always eat at the restaurant.

Cons

It is a customer service position and you will have the occasional upset customer although the management of Amici's I've noticed is very excellent at handling these issues. My manager Sergio has a way with people and can easily find a quick fix to any problem.

Sometimes there is a little passive aggressiveness among employees but that can easily be fixed by just voicing your concern and clearing the issue.

Advice to Management

Communication always seems to be lacking between the customer service staff and the kitchen staff. Thus making issues a little harder to resolve and require more effort. I wish there were an easy way to fix this but there isn't.

6. Eh.

Former Employee - Server in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Server in San Jose, CA

I worked at Amici's East Coast Pizzeria part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only restaurant I've ever worked at that gave you free food, and their food is delicious. No tipping out, and clientele was great so tips were always accurate. Suuuper clean restaurant! High standards when it comes to that.

Cons

Slamming you with so many tables at once and expecting you to be able to buss your table still. Flexibility was terrible. If you need time off don't bank on it. Their time off request is a joke. It's basically hopefully find someone to cover your shift otherwise you're outta luck. But they don't hire many employees so it's difficult to get your shift even covered.

Advice to Management

Manager at my location was an a**. He spoke to people in a demeaning way and caused many people to quit. Head cashier was young and unprofessional. In order to have respect you need to give respect to your employees in order to receive it in return.

7. although, the earning is pretty much just tips,it's business is steady, you can count on the money.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Amici's East Coast Pizzeria

Pros

Clean, nice place to work at. They offer free meals and they are not open till late hours.

Cons

Last minute calls to come to work.

8. boring

Former Employee - Cook in Milledgeville, GA
    Former Employee - Cook in Milledgeville, GA

I worked at Amici's East Coast Pizzeria

Pros

free food, alot of entertainment

Cons

sorry management, no reviews, no movement

Amici's East Coast Pizzeria Response

Nov 4, 2014Director of Human Resources

Reviewer, we are not the same Amici's you're commenting on. We are only located in California.

RSS Feed </> Embed