Amobee Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Mark Strecker

1. Best place I've ever worked (so far)

I have been working at Amobee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

career growth opportunities are available if you work hard but as with most places, you have to speak up to get what you want, goal focused and each office has a prize wheel, very big on recognition events

Cons

work/life balance could be better, that is partly self-inflicted but also an understated expectation, no 401k matching

Advice to Management

offer manager review vs employee review, monthly excellence nominations need feedback on why nominees weren't considered or some feedback

2. Awesome JOb

Current Employee - CA - California in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - CA - California in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Employees are encouraged to take ownership and you don't have to put up with a lot of bureaucracy. The management encourages fail fast for big wins. If you are a self-starter, you can have big impacts and get support from your leaders to try new things. There is a good work life balance. A lot of support for people to have families or flex around their lives. The new management is doing a good job at setting a vision and communicating to the entire company -- so we all can see the 50,000 foot view.

Cons

Freedom also means little guidance. There is not a lot of hand holding or even direction. It can be confusing/frustrating to jump into something to find out that was yesterday's issue and you need to move on--quickly. It isn't erratic, but you need to be able to self-organize.

Advice to Management

Get a better training program. For the entry positions, it is still too sink or swim. Same with new initiatives and sales offerings; they get created and no one gets training. The people in the trenches could use more support.

3. It's OK, just not the best.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Amobee (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice fun place to work. The people are great. Benefits are good with the company paying for all medical, dental and vision if you don't take the most expensive plan.

Cons

Management needs to be more open and honest with employees. Do surprise the employees with sudden decision that takes every by surprise. Quit letting the acquired company continue to run things. They were acquired for a reason.

Advice to Management

Be more open and honest.

5. I love my job and the company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Amobee full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and friendly employees. Young, cool, smart, level headed management. Tons of company outings that are fun fun fun, most with free food, drinks, and prizes. Health, dental, vision, 401k, plus more. On your work anniversary and birthday, you get to "spin the wheel" which is literally a huge wheel with prizes, from $100 Nordstrom gift card to an Apple Watch to $1000 bucks cash. Challenging, mentally stimulating, engaging work... I'm always learning at Amobee. I could go on and on, but to make this short I love my job and I adore the company. They take care of the employees so well. My friends and family are jealous I work for such a great company.

Cons

I settled for a salary that was much less than I asked for, not really sure how that will play out in the future

6. great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Amobee full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growing company, with great products and market opportunities. Became very technology oriented with recent acquisitions. Though already employs hundreds of employees around the globe, maintains the startup culture. Great compensation and benefits as well as work life balance.

Cons

Brand name is not that strong and familiar, company needs better alignment of and focus, strong market competition

Advice to Management

Keep is a startup culture, don't turn into slow moving enterprise. Higher investment in branding (bring back the bee :), invest in technology, listen to your employees,

7. It's what you put in

I have been working at Amobee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

While the company has 600 employees worldwide and whose parent company is a $60B SingTel, there is a entrepreneurial spirit in the Product/Tech group of which I am part. I can't speak for other teams, but the Product/Tech group values transparency, innovation, and efficiency. There is no bureaucracy layers to fight through to get things done. Almost everyone is pleasant to work with and cooperative. No one breathes down on your neck and micromanages you, but there are plenty to do, so it's really up to each person how far and how high they can go here.

Cons

Communication between different parts of the organization can be improved.

8. Amobee Has Great Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Amobee (Less than a year)

Pros

People make or break your work environment, and Amobee has great people that are engaging, passionate, smart, innovative, and thrive on sharing ideas. It's just an environment of great energy!! Lot's of opportunities for cross training and increasing your skill set. Amobee is also one of the leaders in the Digital Marketing space, and continues to grow as they bring innovative solutions to the market.

Cons

Not really a con, but the work environments is so positive, it's easy to work long hours if you're not careful.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people that can not only add value quickly, but also inspire others. Keep implementing strategies that keep us competitive in our market sector.

9. Kontera

Pros

Good pay. Founders pretty cool.

Cons

impossible to make goal. Inventory challenges. Too many cooks in the kitchen

Advice to Management

let the team do their jobs

10. Overall great place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Amobee full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Tons of internal mobility, they love promoting from within but also have big employee outside referral program - Very flexible with hours, travel and work from home schedules, more so than most companies - Great HR policies and benefit package - Compensation is fair, with many opportunities for performance based bonuses and annual increases

Cons

- Upper management sometimes stretched too thin, not always available - Company is very spread out, lots of offices in different cities (and countries), making interoffice communication very difficult at times

11. A Pleasure

I have been working at Amobee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amobee is an absolutely stellar place to work. The company culture is second to none. The people are a joy to be around, intelligent and collaborative. There are full benefits along with the opportunity to grow outside the workplace as well. Quarterly community service events, happy hours and a fully stocked kitchen. The company has a vision and plan for the future which every employee buys into.

Cons

The only area Amobee is lacking is truly competitive compensation. It is not a major deal as the benefits make up for it, but pays below the market average to its employees.

Advice to Management

No advice necessary. Management is collaborative and works well together. Keeps their employees well informed of what is happening and direction of the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed