Amotec Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Carmine Izzo

1. Warm, welcoming, professional place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Amotec

Pros

Amotec is an enjoyable place to work that I don't ever dread coming to. Coworkers are friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand in any area you may need it. Management guides you without being overbearing and I've always felt very independent as an intern here. I would highly suggest anyone seeking a work opportunity in recruiting/staffing or marketing to look into joining Amotec's close-knit team.

Cons

Have to enjoy working on multiple projects at once at a fast pace due to jobs changing frequently. Also, traffic is expected being in the heart of downtown Cleveland!

2. Director

Current Employee - Area Director in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Area Director in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Amotec

Pros

Amotec is a great company to work for! They are consistently coming up with new and innovative ways to make work fun and interesting. They always ensure that we have the top technology to put us above everyone else. I would highly recommend working at Amotec.

Cons

The various offices are separated however Amotec's headquarters is moving to a new office that will unite our Cleveland Offices and we now have webcams in all offices so internal events can involve all offices across the country.

3. Great Place to Work!!

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Amotec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at Amotec for 2 years and have been recruiting for over 20 years and this is a true Team Environment. Everyone will help you to succeed, but you have to be willing to put in the time and effort it takes to be successful. You will get out of it what you put into it. We do work hard, but we also have fun and once you learn what your doing and get some experience it is financially rewarding as well.

Cons

You do need to put in long hours when you first get started, but work/life balance is important at Amotec and family comes 1st. It is not the job for everyone.

Jun 4, 2015 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the positive feedback!

Worst. Job. Ever.

I worked at Amotec full-time

Pros

-Sink or swim, so you have to learn quickly -If you stick with it, you do actually learn a lot, at the cost of very, very high stress levels.

Cons

-"Training" is virtually non-existent. -No matter how many calls you make its never good enough -You basically have to learn on your own -Little to no feedback/leadership from upper management

Advice to Management

Pack it in, or start investing more in new talent. Develop training programs that actually train your staff, not just "shadow".

Jun 4, 2015 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. This isn't the outcome we hope for here, and we're sharing your comments with all our managers.

Helped me to move into the HR Management role I now have!

Former Employee - Director of Human Resources in Strongsville, OH
    Former Employee - Director of Human Resources in Strongsville, OH

I worked at Amotec full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Training, Great reputation, and the people truly care about getting the job done with high ethics!

Cons

Would love to see an office in Texas!

Advice to Management

Open an Office in Texas!!!!

Jun 4, 2015 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the nice comments! And we just opened an office in Miami, so who knows- Texas may not be out of the question!

The most stressful job I've ever had

I worked at Amotec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The owner is a sincere, hardworking person who takes care of his own. Great holiday parties. Fun, mid-day activities to keep things light & fun.

Cons

It wasn't what I thought it would be at all. Little to no training when I was told I was going to be "mentored." Middle management was totally corrupt....I was working on fake job orders and didn't even know it. No open door policy. Extremely hostile working environment. Every cusses at everyone!

"No comment" should say it all.

I worked at Amotec

Pros

The owner brings in good coffee to the HQ's in Cleveland and if your boss is out in the Toledo location, you can pretty much call it a day and go home.

Cons

Compensation, work-life balance, you'll never receive your commissions when they come in- only when the chief wants to pay you, get used to the phrase "get on the phones" while the manager makes personal calls to local Harley shops, be prepared to be grilled when you want time off or if you're just plain old sick one day, just know the it's the "good ol boys" club and if you don't fit that bill- you won't be successful

Advice to Management

do something different

RSS Feed </> Embed