Amphenol Borisch Technologies

Add Photos

Richard Adam Norwitt

Working at Borisch Tecnologies

Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsThe people there are really good and freindly - made it feel like I was there a lot lnger then I was

ConsTheir computer program for Inventory, BOM's, etc.. is really difficult to get around in. They use a program called File Pro - an open program they used to creat there own system. They like it because they can change it except they don't

Used to be a great company, before it was sold to Amphenol, a publicly held company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsUsed to have great benefits, leadership, growth, and values. Still has every other friday off, ppt and vacation time. Although, the numbers are now dropping. Also, a performance pay system, that puts a little extra in your pocket every quarter.

ConsOutsourcing to Mexico and Canada to satisfy profit margins (reads, stock holders pockets) has dropped this company from 500 to around 150 souls. Upper management is definitely homegrown and young. Nepotism runs rampant, and seasoned employees are let go on a regular basis, only to be replaced with new and less expensive talent if the position is needed again. Constant layoffs and a faltering executive team. Jonathan has not been the CEO for 3-4 years now, and that is the main reason the company is failing.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much to advise here, they are part of the problem as well. Part of that may be because of Amphenol's direct involvement and directives to scale back American jobs in Grand Rapids and pay lower wages in Nogales, MX.

Continued downsizing & outsourcing

Various - Salaried (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsAlternate Fridays off (likely to end soon), benefits, opportunity to grow if you're willing to try new things. Workforce is exceptional but spoiled. Important products for defense and aerospace make for great pride in what you do.

ConsAt least 5 layoffs in 3 years. Grand Rapids shrinking, Mexico growing. Management is homegrown and has little outside experience. Delegate work rather than kick in and assist. Losing good people at an alarming rate. Jonathan Borisch is no longer CEO - good leader.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear out the Directors & Sr. Managers. Get some new blood in there ASAP!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great group of people to work with

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsEvery other Friday off.
    Quarterly bonus.
    Clean work environment.
    Excellent insurance.

ConsPay was less than average.
    No incentives for salaried workers.
    Eight layoffs in 4 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop laying off people just to raise profit margins.

Lots of potential ruined by poor management

ProsABT offers excellent benefits to all of it's employees including heath/dental/life insurance, matching 401k, and paid company shut downs. Salaries seem to be fair, if not somewhat lower than market expectations.

ConsABT built it's business on word of mouth and grew quickly, but did not have a sufficient management structure in place to maintain the growth. Employees are treated as though they are all expendable, and are not generally given credit for the work that is accomplished. The company makes a habit of over-promising and punishes employees when unrealistic commitments cannot be met.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees more. Turnover is rampant in certain departments, which is a direct reflection on the way management values it's workers.

Worked for Amphenol Borisch Technologies? Contribute to the Community!