Amphion Medical Solutions

Updated September 18, 2014
Updated September 18, 2014
2.9

Pam Wirth

I have been with the company for over a year and I think they are better than all the others I have worked for.

Current Employee - MT/Editor

I have been working at Amphion Medical Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Always work, OT is available, great benefits, growth opportunities, great communication. Friendly, supportive staff who answers questions and emails quickly. they never leave you hanging, and if they don't know the answer, they will find someone who does!

Cons

Pay could be better but benefits and PTO is great. Having to work one weekend day and holidays.

It was a good place to work. I was able to have several accounts, unable to meet line requirements.

I worked at Amphion Medical Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Positive work environment, great communication, good support system.

Cons

Line requirements were just not feasible unless you are a robot and just sat and only able to focus on quantity.

At least I have a job

I have been working at Amphion Medical Solutions full-time

Pros

I can work at home.

Cons

Pay is inadequate - no COL raises, no incentives

Increase compensation - that's all

I work for Amphion Medical Solutions

Current Employee - MT/Editor

I have been working at Amphion Medical Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are exactly what they said they would be going into the position. I received documentation to explain everything, and the support here is exceptional. My manager gets back to me in a timely manner and is very personable. The pay is comparable to other jobs I've had and the platform I work on is easy to use.

Cons

I had to get used to working one weekend day, but now really like having a day off during the week to do errands and make appointments.

I really love the daily emails, and thank you for responding back to my questions so quickly!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Madison, WI

I have been working at Amphion Medical Solutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is good compared to other companies, lots of support for learning new accounts, paid downtime for training or when their system is down.

Cons

Yes, you don't get paid when there's no work, BUT, almost all companies that pay by production are like that. Amphion at least tries to move accounts around or train you on another account so it doesn't happen as often. I've been here 2 years and I've been out of work maybe only a dozen times in 2 years.

Yes, you will work holidays, but the transcription world doesn't sleep, i.e. doctors dictate 24 hours a day and thus someone has to transcribe 24 hours a day.

The job started out okay but it was expected of you to be able to do more and more without correct compensation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at Amphion Medical Solutions

Pros

The company is very family oriented.

Cons

Having a requirement of working weekends.

The worst employer ever

Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Madison, WI

I worked at Amphion Medical Solutions

Pros

There are NO good reasons to work for Amphion. Oh wait, one. You can stay at home and work in your pajamas.

Cons

They lie about everything as to what they offer incoming employees. They do not pay extra for working on holidays and you are required to work them. Lied about the cost of medical insurance.

It is obvious that you only want new transcriptionists so they will not realize they are being taken advantage of. Have some honor and respect for the profession and pay accordingly.

Absolute worst transcription job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist
    Current Employee - Medical Language Specialist

I have been working at Amphion Medical Solutions

Pros

You can work from home. You are allowed to set your own hours when first hired. You can flex your hours a little bit, if needed.

Cons

Compensation is by report, not by actual lines typed or edited. Cheaters (those who take the "easy' work) are not disciplined, so the rest of the hard working, honest employees are punished by being forced to take the longer, less profitable reports. The requirement of having to work every Saturday or Sunday as part of your regular schedule. The fact that you have to work every holiday if it happens to fall on the days you are normally scheduled to work. Too much account hopping in order to try to make line count. Benefits package is expensive.

I think they are the worst of the worst.

I worked at Amphion Medical Solutions

Pros

They promise you the sky,plus a sign on package.Of which none of the promises you get,they wiggle out of everything.
    I have been in this kind of work for over twenty years,and this demeanes our profession.

Cons

I've got a job,where some out there don't.

After over 20 years in the business, this was my worst work experience ever.

I worked at Amphion Medical Solutions

Pros

They provide equipment. There is some flexibility in choosing hours. They provide good, courteous feedback regarding difficult terminology and other technical issues.

Cons

Word recognition software is not at all adequate, which results in low line counts. They pay by the line but expect employees to do a great deal of other data entry for which they do not compensate you. They expect you to be available to work your specified hours, even if there is no work, and they do not compensate you for that. I sat around all Christmas Eve, checking my computer every 15 minutes. $0 compensation.

Managers sound like they are reading from a script. No real desire to address issues.