Ampush Reviews

Reset
4.0
Jesse Pujji

1. Featured Review

Fast growing startup, perfect place for entrepreneurs

I have been working at Ampush full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super transparent management, great learning culture and the people are best part of the experience. Real values and solid perks (e.g., fully paid healthcare). Very happy customers means lots of growth!

Cons

Things move fast, definitely work hard/play hard culture; things change rapidly so you will never be comfortable.

Advice to Management

Provide even more transparency, get more organized around career development and keep focusing on people first.

2. Great opportunity to grow and learn

Current Employee - Media Analytics in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Media Analytics in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ampush full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn new skills, experience some great mentorship, and work in the growing ad tech industry. The people are great, friendly, knowledgable and experienced. Executive team clearly puts a lot of effort into making Ampush a great place to work with clear and varied career paths.

Cons

As the company grows it's feeling a bit less of a startup and a bit more corporate. Things change quickly so you have to adapt quickly. Everyone is still learning including those at the top so while nothing is perfect things continue to improve more and more over time.

3. A lot of opportunity for smart, hard working people

Current Employee - Product Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ampush full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For hard working and smart people, new opportunities are provided to those who ask.
    People here are bright and fun to work with.
    Benefits are solid and getting better. Lunch, snacks, game room, travel (if desired), 100% healthcare, gym membership.
    Leadership is transparent (more than I've seen at any company), dedicated to your personal growth and are receptive if you ask for help / raise concerns.

Cons

Slackers do not do well here - they surface and don't last long.
    The hours can be long (also short during times).

Advice to Management

Keep hiring smart people. Remain transparent.

5. Great place to work

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ampush

Pros

Great group of people to work with and it is a very fun culture to be a part of. Company is trying to grow fast and its a good time to be a part of the company.

Cons

Its very scrappy right now and you have to be able to work in that environment

I

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Ampush

Pros

Ampush really appreciates its employees, and works hard to empower them. As a people manager, I can say that both the people I manage and the people who manage me are all interested in my development, and vice versa. I also think we've got a great business model and are solidly positioned to take advantage as thought leaders in a rapidly growing industry (mobile social marketing) . Also, people get promoted quickly if they are good.

Cons

NYC office only caters lunch 3 times every 2 weeks, although they do give us a $10 credit for days we need to BYO.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture paramount!

7. Very recent hire

Current Employee - Deal Making in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Deal Making in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ampush full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is one of the best I've ever seen
    Brainpower in the company is phenomenal
    Approachability of every employee from bottom to the top is some of the best I've seen
    For a young company, the processes in place are very impressive
    Customers absolutely love doing business with the company
    The recruiting process is very first class and negotiating terms was very fair

Cons

Location of company relative to CalTrain makes getting to the office challenging! Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things!

Advice to Management

Keep the approachability factor high like it is currently

Great changes are coming!

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ampush full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible culture. Amazing perks! Great co-workers!
    We're in a popular and trending space with a lot of upsides and opportunities.
    Executive team are coming together - hiring more experienced people with industry knowledge and successes!
    If you are a good performer, this is the place for you. If you're a poor performer, do not apply. You won't last.

Cons

Long hours and little time for family or anything else.
    There are a few bad apples in the engineering team but management and HR are weeding the less productive workers out nicely. We are in a better place because they are on top of this. These people were a drainer to our team.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of us top performers. Learn from the hiring mistakes and only hire good people from now on!

Love this company!

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ampush full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is super smart, nice and collaborative. No egos and culture is fantastic. Management goes out of their way to make us happy and it shows. Culture activities and perks are much better than most companies and startups.

Cons

Work load is super heavy. Always short staff and not enough resources. But if you ask for help, people will help which makes the stress tolerable.

Advice to Management

Hire the Engineer Head and hold the engineering group accountable. Stop giving them kudos for things they have not delivered!

Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ampush full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome perks, benefits and culture. Great space and location. Amazing people who are humble, helpful and down to earth. Leadership team is solid. Very knowledgeable of industry and space.

Cons

No work/life balance. Too much work. Engineering tool can be better.

Advice to Management

Continue to scale and make the hard decisions. Continue to keep in mind that your employees are the most important part of the business.

Work hard, play hard (with smart people)

Current Employee - Media Analyst
    Current Employee - Media Analyst

I have been working at Ampush full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

--You are given ownership and exposure from your first week.
    --You are surrounded by extremely smart, driven, entrepreneurial, and fun people.
    --Internal decisions are made very transparent.
    --Despite the rapid growth, you still have the ability to wear more than one hat and get involved in side projects.
    --Everyone's ideas are taken seriously, no matter your role in the company (entrepreneurship is encouraged).

Cons

We are still in the midst of becoming a true technology company. Ampush hires extremely smart people and is growing very aggressively, but often, the technology cannot keep up, inhibiting our ability to perform to our full potential. While this often leads to much frustration, it also allows for out-of-the-box thinking and problem solving, ensuring that potentially redundant aspects of the job remain fresh and exciting.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, make sure you remain true to the start-upy culture. The founders already do a good job of this, but make sure you continue to acknowledge that the company is only as good as its employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed