Amscot Financial

Amscot Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Amscot Financial CEO Ian MacKechnie Sr.

Ian MacKechnie Sr.

Pros
  • Very good pay considering you don't need a college degree(in 11 reviews)

• Great pay (hourly pay even for BL's), great leadership from the corporate office(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No sick days, no vacation days (until after a year)(in 12 reviews)

• work long hours, no sick time, work every day first week of the month(in 8 reviews)

Worst Job I Have Ever Had-Don't Trust The Recruiter

Co-Leader (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGood starting pay, benefits, guaranteed full time, quick promotions

ConsThe problem with quick promotions is that people who aren't really meant to become "store managers" end up running stores. Every branch does things their own way so, once you've gotten used to one way of doing things, they move you to another branch with a totally different way of doing things. You have to wait a YEAR before you get benefits (which I've never heard of before as a full time employee). No sick days, no vacation days (until after a year). If you have a family (or have a life, for that matter) this is a terrible job. No work/life balance; they expect you to drop everything for the company. 16-hour long shifts. That' not a joke. You really do work 16 hours straight with barely a break to sit down. If you're desperate for a job and are a quick learner, go for it. If you want a career and don't want to feel abused by your job, I'd stay clear and get a job somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake visits to places outside of Tampa and talk to employees privately about how they really feel- most of them will agree with what I have to say. I've had Branch Leaders say they secretly felt like this, but didn't leave because they were branch leaders already and didn't have to deal with it. Truly train your branch leaders. They need to know more than just how to sell; they need to be LEADERS. I'm not a "bitter person" who didn't make it past training. I made it past the fourth week. I've worked there for a bit of time now. But I left because your branch leaders go by their own rules; not yours. Monitor the way your branches are run. Customers are complaining about extremely rude branches to other branches. We encouraged customers to avoid the rude branches; that's how bad they are! You're doing great now, but if you left this behavior continue, they will not bother with you anymore and will simply wait in line at their bank.

Management will throw you under the bus to save themselves.

Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsDecent starting pay, benefits, paid holidays.

ConsLong shifts, rude customers, no lunch break, corporate doesn't care about it's employees. Will fire you without any reason, can't be friends with co workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop throwing fsa's under the bus to save yourself

very informative

Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) Tamarac, FL

Prostraining is continuous and have to have a pass of very, very very high grade

Consyou have to be the best of the best, best, best to work there

Advice to Senior Managementbe the best

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tax preparation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsEasy money to be made on the side.

ConsThere was no work to be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees a little more. Some of the people I worked with didn't take the job seriously.

Imagine Prison With Flat Screen Tvs and Plush Mattresses

Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsNice starting wage, full-time employment, benefits, promotes within, and paid training.

ConsShifts may sometimes be up to 10 hours, very strict company policies, open 365 days a year, high turnover rate. You may experience sporadic scheduling. Once you're in for your shift, you're locked in until you're shift is over. You have to bring your lunch or have it delivered since you can't leave. Depending on the branch design, customers may or may not see you eating lunch, which is a bit awkward if it's really busy. This job literally drained me.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey pretend as though "managers" don't exist in this company. They instead call them "branch leaders" or "leader on duty"...it's ok if you guys have to get of your stools and do physical work.

Amscot is a fast paced, strict but overall very fair employer.

Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsExcellent corporate culture, Good Pay, Fair and clear about what they expect, Good people to work with, Good opportunities to advance.

ConsZero flexibility in schedule, no leaving during shift, very strict about everything, high pressure for meeting sales numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementOver 200 locations in 24 years they are obviously doing something right. The work/life balance is really the only thing they could improve.

Great experience for amateur tax preparer

Tax Preparer (Former Employee)

ProsEasy to get hired, lots of experience filing tax returns

ConsLow pay, horrible commission structure

Financial Service Associate

Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsSome of the best reasons to work for this company are they have a fair starting hourly rate, and the company has created a very safe and secure area for employees. Also, there is a great deal of opportunity for advancement and new locations are opening across the state of Florida.

ConsThere may be quite a bit of travel involved. They may place you at a location in Brandon when you live in Tampa and change your branch location without notice. You are locked in once you enter the building. You may not leave until the end of your shift or close of business.

Nazi camp,

ProsDecent salary compared to other Florida companies

ConsNo breaks, no lunch breaks, 17 hour shifts with no breaks, no sick days, forced overtime, forced to work holidays, will not work with people with families on scheduling, very poor scheduling, and 50 cent promotion raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up, make some changes. Don't you see how many people keep leaving. We work hard to make this company millions and treated very poorly! Can't even afford the health insurance at this job!

Worst experience i had in my life !!!!!!!!!!!!

Fsa (Former Employee)

Prosstarting pay good ,, air conditioner lol

Consno breaks,locked in with no professional supervisor,no sick days ,only two excuse absences so if you are r sick don't try it, no sitting down ,no friends ,no life,benefits super expensive , hair loss , no secure job.
    Let me tell you about my experience during the first week of training i was super excited with all that they were showing us and how nice everyone was at the corporate office,(even though you have to take more than 20 test and a final one to pass to second week), second week i was lucky enough i got to a good branch they did everything by the book and the bl was willing to teach me(30 miles from home),third week first day was hell the bl was rude the cl was worst they did everything the way they wanted to ,didn't help me with nothing all day long screaming talking rude to the others fsa and customers no professional appearance ,it was work thank hell, 5 week at different branch bl,cl,al and fsa the best of the best ,their district leader same from the other two omg cruella devil is a sweetheart next to her, didn't treat no one with respect really rude they change the branch leader while she was on vacations after 7 years with no notice the new bl worst believe me i prefer to work at MC donalds i have more to write but it will be a waist of my time to keep writing about them

Advice to Senior Managementshould visit the branches more often an talk to the fsa and ask them in prvate how they really feel and check on the district leaders work

Worked for Amscot Financial? Contribute to the Community!