Amscot Financial

www.amscotfinancial.com

Amscot Financial Reviews

Updated January 14, 2015
Updated January 14, 2015

Amscot Financial CEO Ian MacKechnie Sr.
Ian MacKechnie Sr.

Pros
  • Good pay, always get good hours, good experience working with difficult customers (in 10 reviews)

• Starting pay is decent for not needing a college degree ( (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no sick days and you will most likely work holidays (in 13 reviews)

• No work/life balance; they expect you to drop everything for the company (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company with a Few Flaws

Current Employee - Assistant Leader in Winter Garden, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Leader in Winter Garden, FL

I have been working at Amscot Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company offers great pay with amazing opportunities to grow. The team work is awesome, you feel like if your working with family. They also offer a lot of overtime hours, which is great if you need the extra cash. You also get benefits after a short time with the company.

Cons

Constant switching from store to store. Different stores have different daily operations. Long shifts that can range anywhere between 8 and 15 hours, which might be a downfall if you have a family that needs you at home.

Overall, the company is great, but management should be a little more concerned about the fact that the employees have lives outside of work and should probably shorten the shifts to a maximum of nine hours daily with the option of working a sixth day in the week. As well as be willing to work with the employees when it come to the schedules such as a specific days and time needed for school or for single parents, etc. and close down business for major holidays only. Employees work very hard all year long the least they deserve is thanksgiving and Christmas with their families. If management is willing to make those adjustments the turn over rate might lower a great percentage.

Worse company in Tampa to work for within the Financial Services Industry.

Former Employee - Operations in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Operations in Tampa, FL

I worked at Amscot Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good training program for new hires, opportunity for growth but not based on performance but more based on favoritism.

Cons

Owners and senior leadership manage by fear, not a company that appreciate work & home balance life-style. Not a organization of teamwork & collaboration, rather one of manage by fear and dictator ship. Leadership not open to new ideas or create solutions to improve customer experience. Turnover is extremely high and worst in the financial services industry.

Start by caring about your people and promote from within based on demonstrated performance, develop a culture of caring about your employee's and not having them work in fear of their jobs.

Co Manager

I worked at Amscot Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

room for growth
    great customers
    great team
    sometimes the team will make it fun to work.

Cons

no work-life balance.
    DL wouldn't acknowledge all the hard work.

Great Pay. Good job for singles, not so much for family life.

Former Employee - Branch Leader in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Branch Leader in Tampa, FL

I worked at Amscot Financial full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

60,000.00 dollars a year. Great training, (Continual)

Cons

Very expensive insurance, No work Life Balance. Hourly pay is great, but bonuses are a carrot on a stick you just never get.

We used to have good insurance when we had Great West. Now you have United Health Care. Taper back building new stores and put some of that money into the people that got you where you are.

Horrible

I have been working at Amscot Financial

Pros

Great pay!! Great pay!!

Cons

Management is all about them

To be fair rotate the schedule with everyone!

Don't do it

Current Employee - Financial Service Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Service Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Amscot Financial

Pros

Ok starting pay if you have no degrees or experience.

Cons

Long tiresome hours, never allowed to leave branch once clocked in, management are not qualified, only reason I toll the job is because the bank couldn't get a full time position open. I would've never left the bank if they could have done that. I'm actively looking for another job. I also question this companies ethics.

This company needs more qualified managers. People with degrees and more common sense, not just a high school diploma.

THIS COMPANY SUCKS

I worked at Amscot Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing about working at Amscot was good. I think that I would have hung myself if I would have worked there any longer.

Cons

The way that managers or supervisors micro manage people they have superiority over is ridiculous. They throw their weight around like they aren't human.

Realize that you are human also and have made mistakes.

Easy job with great co workers

Current Employee - Fsa
    Current Employee - Fsa

I have been working at Amscot Financial full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the daily things you do are very routine, and simple to grasp. you get lots of hours, with regular over time. there seems to be lots of room for growth and advancement. there are lots of checks and balances, so its really hard to screw up. it stays busy so the day goes by fairly quickly.

Cons

sometimes I don't get to eat. ive learned to bring snacks to eat between customers, and drink lots of water to stay full, but a designated lunch time would be wonderful. we are on our feet for 8-10 hours a day, making you a profit on average of $500/day per associate, I don't think that asking for the ability to sit down and eat for 30 minutes is requesting much. Also, there isn't much incentive to move up. The opportunity is there, but you only get a .50 cent raise, with a lot more responsibility and hours. I know AL's who would make beautiful Co leaders and Branch Leaders, but wont do it due to low incentives. Sick days would be wonderful too.

Stop advertising that you still give gift cards and personal days during week one training, because they are no longer given, at least in the Orlando area. I was very disappointed. What is the point of meeting these weekly/monthly goals, if there is no reason to?

Assistant Leader

I worked at Amscot Financial

Pros

Very good wages considering it requires you to have a GED

Cons

Secure,closed environment. Longer shift and hours

n/a

Very Long Hours but great pay

Current Employee - Branch Co Leader in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Co Leader in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amscot Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They pay really good over time and they advance you really quickly
    with a lot of training

Cons

No social life, hard to take days off, always feeling pressure even if you make one mistake
    not passionate about their associates

Care about your associates, send out a survey to associates about likes and dislikes about their
    position,