Amscot Financial

www.amscotfinancial.com
Profile Unclaimed

Great Pay. Good job for singles, not so much for family life.

Former Employee - Branch Leader in Tampa, FL

I worked at Amscot Financial full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

60,000.00 dollars a year. Great training, (Continual)

Cons

Very expensive insurance, No work Life Balance. Hourly pay is great, but bonuses are a carrot on a stick you just never get.

We used to have good insurance when we had Great West. Now you have United Health Care. Taper back building new stores and put some of that money into the people that got you where you are.

Easy job with great co workers

Current Employee - Fsa
    Current Employee - Fsa

I have been working at Amscot Financial full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the daily things you do are very routine, and simple to grasp. you get lots of hours, with regular over time. there seems to be lots of room for growth and advancement. there are lots of checks and balances, so its really hard to screw up. it stays busy so the day goes by fairly quickly.

Cons

sometimes I don't get to eat. ive learned to bring snacks to eat between customers, and drink lots of water to stay full, but a designated lunch time would be wonderful. we are on our feet for 8-10 hours a day, making you a profit on average of $500/day per associate, I don't think that asking for the ability to sit down and eat for 30 minutes is requesting much. Also, there isn't much incentive to move up. The opportunity is there, but you only get a .50 cent raise, with a lot more responsibility and hours. I know AL's who would make beautiful Co leaders and Branch Leaders, but wont do it due to low incentives. Sick days would be wonderful too.

Stop advertising that you still give gift cards and personal days during week one training, because they are no longer given, at least in the Orlando area. I was very disappointed. What is the point of meeting these weekly/monthly goals, if there is no reason to?

Well....

Former Employee - Financial Services Associate in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Services Associate in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Amscot Financial (less than a year)

Pros

You got decent pay when you compare it to other financial institutions. There's a good chance to grow within the company as they only promote from within and the company is growing. Company has you under constant training. Very undertanding at first.

Cons

Management couldnt care less about you, your time or your needs. Every two weeks the branch manager creates a new work schedule and unless you are one of their favorites, you are getting the worst of it. I worked under 5 differents Branch managers in my time there, so yes, I know what Im talking about. The enviroment is not the best either, you think you are creating friendships as you move from one branch to another but later find out they are backstabbing you just to get under someone's good side.

Very Long Hours but great pay

Current Employee - Branch Co Leader in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Co Leader in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amscot Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They pay really good over time and they advance you really quickly
    with a lot of training

Cons

No social life, hard to take days off, always feeling pressure even if you make one mistake
    not passionate about their associates

Care about your associates, send out a survey to associates about likes and dislikes about their
    position,

Assistant Leader

I worked at Amscot Financial

Pros

Very good wages considering it requires you to have a GED

Cons

Secure,closed environment. Longer shift and hours

n/a

FSA

Former Employee - Financial Services Associate in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Services Associate in Tampa, FL

I worked at Amscot Financial full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent, especially if you do not have a degree. Uniforms make getting ready for work easy

Cons

The hours suck. You get two days off per week and only one may be a weekend. It was also hard to move up to, say, corporate positions.

Try to make schedules where employees get one full weekend off a month, or allow people to trade shifts (like in retail or restaurant serving). Everyone would probably be happier.

No work/life balance

I worked at Amscot Financial full-time

Pros

Good money, good support from management.

Cons

No Work-life balance. Benefits such as sick time, insurance for family, costs you everything you make. The Branch Leader is expected to be on call 24 hours a day, even though most could be handled from the corporate office, it never closes.

Reward your good leaders. When 1 branch can profit the company 1 million a year, looks like that could flow down to the employees and give them paid sick time and better insurance.

Great Career Opportunity, Long Hours

Current Employee - Assistant Leader in Winter Garden, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Leader in Winter Garden, FL

I have been working at Amscot Financial full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to grow and learn. I work with a group of intelligent, generous people that make me feel comfortable at work.

Cons

Long hours throughout the day. unsteady work hours. long shifts which makes if difficult to balance a schedule especially if you're a single parent.

No persona life

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Amscot Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, but thats it!!!

Cons

Long hours, some associates have every other long Saturday, from open to close, which means 16 or 17 hours depending on what branch you are in. No room for personal life!!!

GET READY TO READ!! But Its For Your Own Good!! -- On Call 24/7 & Treated Like Next Day Trash Sometimes!

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Amscot Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

*Starting pay is decent for not needing a college degree ($12/hr...usually increases for those with prev. management experience. Some start at $15/hr).
    *Got a paid day off + a percentage of your check salary quarterly for being a "Perfect Performer" (i.e. not showing up late, no customer complaints, no cash errors).
    *Would get publix gift cards ($5 each) for meeting goals of the branch. Sometimes you could get up to $30 worth or more all at once depending on how many goals you met.
    *Co workers are usually cool and great to work with.
    *Love the customer interaction everyday (although some transactions are tough to handle...i.e. collecting money).
    *If you're lucky you'll get a perm branch where the branch manager cares about your outside life and works with you on the schedule (when absolutely necessary).

Cons

*Behind locked doors and bullet proof glass for your entire shift and unable to leave for a well deserved lunch ***SEE MY LAST LISTED "CON" IN THIS SECTION TO SEE WHY***

*Benefits are somewhat of a joke compared to comparable financial companies and banks. They are just the basics. Although the company had good hourly pay...most employees were still unable to pay for the insurance costs and looked elsewhere. They have 3 Levels of Insurance plans. And family insurance plans were the worst depending on which level you wanted....certain ones would have you pay $400+ EVERY TWO WEEKS! After I had my daughter just about 2 years ago, if I opted into the family plan, my insurance would have jumped from under $60 for myself to almost $300 every 2 weeks just to add her!! I want good insurance but I don't throw my money away either.

*Although things got a little better as time went on (after much complaining), it was was hard to take your full break or even get a break on the busiest days of the year or even on regular days.

*Travel can be a pain at times. Depending on where you live and traffic, your drive to work could take up to an hour to and from you branch location.

*No work/life balance: hours are all over the place and it's hard to schedule a day at home or out with friends on your day off because you're always worried about being called in (and if they do call and you say you can't make it they get an attitude as if you are not allowed to have a life). Branch managers work 6 days and over 70 hours on busy weeks. And even on the 7th day it isn't a real day off because work can call you for anything from cash issues to needing you to come in because the customer volume was too high.

*Schedules are so random that i've had days working closing shifts (getting home at midnight) and having a schedule change to where I opened the next day (getting up at 4:30am) leaving me, at most, with about 2 hours of sleep due to travel times to and from branch location.

*They require schedules to be posted 2 weeks in advance but they change almost every day without notice (sometimes calling you after you've went home for they day, at times after 8pm at night, to tell you that you are no longer off work the next day and you need to open the location).

*Slower branches sometimes require you (AL's or FSA's) to work full Saturday schedule (open-close 7am-10pm) which are longer than operating hours so you are technically there from 6am to 11pm due to specific opening/closing procedures. Never understood this because branches have enough employees to where no one has to work hours like that..especially is you are not a branch manager or higher.

*Employee reviews were sometimes inaccurate (no one is perfect so I understand not giving a perfect score, but even when employees ranked high, district managers had the nerve to send reviews back saying the score was too high and almost seemed to demand that the branch manager find something the employee needed to work on to lower the score).

*Overheard branch manager picking on lower level employee about the way they looked or about the car they drove all because they weren't some big shot branch manager making an ungodly amount of money for doing nothing at all! Some are quick to assign you their work and take the credit for it,

*I've seen employees quit, sent to other branches or flat out fired after voicing their opinion. After the employees let the branch manager know their concerns it was like the branch manager, from that point on, tried to find everything wrong with the employee to report back to district or human resources to get them out of the branch by saying things like "they just don't want to be here" or "I just don't believe they have what it takes."

>>>>> AND THE DANGEROUS PART!!!:

You collect money from people at the window who bounce checks and have overdue loan payments; puts you in a dangerous spot when taking someones full pay check they've worked for the last two weeks and they didn't even see it coming (and I know this because i've had people wait on me outside at night after I was forced to take their entire check even though they wanted to make payments on the amount). I understand they owe money to the company but there has to be a better way to handle these collections practices. When we leave work and there is nobody there to follow us home and make sure we're safe, it's a scary feeling knowing someone could be watching until the coast is clear and find out where you live by following behind you from a distance. Customers have threatened to beat me up, put me in a hospital and I even heard one customer tell a fellow employee she hoped they got ran over in the street by a truck. At one point, my family was begging for me to quit. The stories got to be too much for them to hear about. I've seen employees in tears with male customers telling them they were going to find them in the street when they least expected it.

There is an understanding of "no schedule restrictions" but no where in that understanding did you all discuss getting few hours of sleep and little to no home life. Long hours are expected but you have to do better when it comes to scheduling. Allow employees to take their full lunch breaks. Let those high scoring reviews stay the way they are! There's a reason they're that way...BECAUSE THE EMPLOYEE DESERVED IT! Their raise depends on it so stop cheating them out of what they deserve. AND MOST OF ALL, please stop letting people collect money at the window from overly hostile customers. While you are sitting in your nice and comfortable office chairs from a million miles away, your employees are being told they are going to be in a hospital by sun down! I would rather you block the customer for life and proceed with legal action then to risk the life of your employees. While you are giving the command OVER THE PHONE to collect the money, the only thing that hostile customer is going to remember....IS THE FACE OF THE PERSON WHO SAID THAT THEIR RENT, PHONE BILL, WATER BILL, LIGHT BILL or CAR NOTE MONEY WAS NO LONGER THERE!! GET A GRIP AND STOP PLACING YOUR EMPLOYEES AT RISK.