Amundi

www.amundi.com

Amundi Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014
Amundi – “View from Ámundi's office (Photo thanks to Flickr…”

Amundi Directeur Général Yves Perrier

Yves Perrier

An OK place to work

Analyst (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsCompensation and benefits are great; lots of advantages
    Work/Life Balance is good in some dpts less so in others

ConsMany hierarchical levels
    The Group can be slow and conservative at times ; not very entrepreunarial

Amundi Asset Management Review

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsA job, like any other to pickup a pay check. They offer vacation time, personal days, health/medical benefits and a 401-K plan.

ConsThe firm has no direction and management is clueless as to bring in new clients and assets. Morale for the employees is very, very low and efforts are not made to improve the culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the firm. Hire an outside consultant to totally revamp the management and running of the firm. Hire competent talent that can make the firm successful versus its peers.

Beware of leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsA leader with scope and depth that can provide good short-term opportunities for some. A great place to work for french freemasons (but if you are one you do not need glassdoor).

ConsAmundi is run by a clan of ruthless ex-Calyon investment bankers. Unless you share this special culture and background you will never be part of decision-making (see other contributions about unstable organization, management, shifting directions). If you can, use your network to learn about middle and top-management many depression and yes suicide cases.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire the whole team, you are already beyond wealthy and doing neither good for the shareholders or the employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very hierarchised

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsNice people; located in Montparnasse; nice infirmary

ConsHorrible management: being on time is more important than the work; everybody fights to spend their budget at the end of the year so as not to lose it; the SI teams are slow and always overbooked; everyone is overworked but no one is at work after 7pm; nobody questions the CEO; my N+2 talked to me twice in one year; offices are in 5 different locations, the cafeteria is underground; human ressources couldn't give me an appointment within four weeks; problems with your team manager are adressed once a year during evaluation - the rest of the time, you have to pretend everything is great; i had a dental emergency when i pulled out a bleeding molar and I had to take an afternoon off to go to the dentist (as my team leader told me, it was exceptional he was giving it to me on such short notice)

Advice to Senior ManagementSay hello on a weekly basis to your team; be somewhat aware of projects; push for more team unity;

Sales Analyst

Sales Analyst (Former Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

ProsThe team is very friendly. The head and each team member schedule a private lunch with me to share their experiences. Very helpful.

ConsThere isn't too much personal communication between different teams. The hongkong office is an open style. No walls between all desks. A little bit noisy.

Started ok but going donwhill

ProsTo have a job in Paris

ConsTypically French and concluded institution

Advice to Senior ManagementBeyond help....

Business Support

Business Support Assistant (Former Employee) Paris (France)

Prosbig asset manager, therefore exposure to many different types of strategies and products. probably a big brand name in europe, but this would need to be verified

Consa little slow, interns not given very much responsibility and do not participate much in life of the company

HR

Prosleader in europe and in france

Consfrench behaviour, you ned to be ready to work hard

Advice to Senior Managementstrong background

Decent internship Experience

Assistant Product Specialist (Former Employee) Paris (France)

Pros(Worked in Investment Solutions arm)
    Good environment, staff takes time to teach interns

ConsOften slow pace, tasks are a bit routine

not a place for starter

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood working hour, people are very kind. have morning tea session and have canteen

Consperhaps not for starter, which is the case for most buy side companies.

Worked for Amundi? Contribute to the Community!