Amway

Amway Reviews

Updated Mar 23, 2014

Amway President Doug DeVos

Doug DeVos

Pros:
  • "Good work / life balance with on site gyms, cafeterias and exercise classes"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Great people, great benefits and lots of opportunity for growth"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management seems to have lost touch with the company's values, history, mission and culture"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Takes a long time to get anything done because it goes through a lot of people"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Amway

ProsGreat People to work with

ConsNo major cons for me

Very enjoyable and lovely environment and very refreshing

QA Engineer (Current Employee)
Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Amway as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGood learning experience, very supportive and environment is very lively

ConsLocation is not very good

Great place to work.

Supply Chain Planner (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amway full-time

ProsExcellent compensation, great atmosphere. Management is overall pretty relaxed. In SCP we have alternate Fridays during the summer so every other Friday is off. Working from home is usually not an issue as long as you don't abuse it. Workload per employee is manageable, though can heavy at times or light at times.

ConsPolitics can play into decision making and, because it's such a big company, simple changes are subject to bureaucratic overview. Everyone needs to add their 2 cents and it's annoying sometimes.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

I have been working at Amway full-time

ProsGreat community feel. Great benefits, decently competitive pay. Good work / life balance with on site gyms, cafeterias and exercise classes

ConsHeavy meeting. Very slow moving and extremely conservative culture. Difficult to make impactful changes. Could have a better bonus program also.

A great company for aspiring entrepreneurs with low capitol and supreme drive.

IBO (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Amway part-time for more than a year

ProsI know and have been to Achievers, a celebration for top performers. Amway takes care of you to the fullest.

ConsYou are your own boss. No Salary Bonus and commission base only.

A business exactly the way you want it, with people you can really look up to!

Amway Business Owner (Current Employee)
Russellville, AR

I have been working at Amway full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get out what you put in. Great inspiring environment! You are your own boss. Tons of inspirational training videos/CD's. Tons of products from top brand names for you to choose from when deciding how you want to run your business.

ConsTakes a little while and a bit of work to build up your business.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Amway was overall a good company to work for.

Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee)
Ada, OK

I worked at Amway full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI liked my job, my co-workers, my pay and benefits.

ConsI was down-sized at an age when it was hard to find another job in 1997 when there was recession going on.
The "last year of employment" only goes back to 2010. I was down-sized in 1997.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou shouldn't have sold out to other countries to take on work that had been done in house. I thought Amway stood for American Way, and selling out isn't very patriotic. I have friends who lost jobs because of it.

Where clicky bullies rule

Marketing (Former Employee)
Ada, MI

I worked at Amway full-time

ProsMinimal road traffic, no traffic jams

ConsCorporate culture of incompetence, cover ups and intimidation. Self aggrendizing and self indulgent senior management uses intimidation and fear mongering to rule. Lies and cover ups used by chieftains to maintain their status quo in fiefdoms. In-fighting, gossiping, constant scheming and intrigue-mongering among senior managment to mask own incompetence. Superficially "friendly" culture is in fact very hierachical with highly privileged and entitled directors and VPs. This leads to a widespread waste of funds and resouced at the Dir and VP levels and lack of accountability. Disdain, bigotry and intimidation tactics practiced daily and tolerated in the main global headquarters (Ada, MI) in global Marketing and HR as well as in other areas. No recourse following terrible employee survey results (up to 30% below industry average on key satisfaction metrics). HR ignores complaints brought in by employees suffering from verbal abuse and habitual bullying. Favoritism and nepotism mastered to perfection towards the in-crowd. Business strategy replaced with flavor of the week or a month pet projects leading to weak results at very high costs and lots of internal noise to self promote responsible chieftains.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the bullying!

Long-term employee seeing discouraging trends

Ada, MI

I have been working at Amway full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPeople in first-line management and staff positions are, generally, great people with high integrity, great work ethic and good natures.

ConsUpper management seems to have lost touch with the company's values, history, mission and culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that we are in the business of giving people the opportunity to start their own businesses and get out of their confining, frustrating, corporate jobs. We shouldn't be one of the companies from which people are trying to escape. (And, at the levels below Director, we are definitely one of those companies.)

Personal Growth Company

IBO (Current Employee)
Fort Hood, TX

I have been working at Amway full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBecause this company is network marketing, them and other companies advise you to read personal development books, that many school, and jobs will not have. The missing link most people do not into hand is that Amway is a vehicle to develop you into a Big Business leader, that is a different animal than small business. The R@D is great, the products are quality and high end, and for all that goes into them to me they are fair priced. The company is not public, therefore most leadership will not often change. They owe no debt, they are also i n many countries. On the commutation side, they invested millions on main stream ads: Miss America some years, NY Fashion Week, InStyle Magazine, ect. On the legal: they hold many patients infact easily somewhere between 1000 to 7000. They also hold contract with Partner stores for example: Paul Fredrick, Sears and more. The company is also apart of BBB and DSA. Cashflow is the independent sellers around the world, as well as owning a hotel in MI and the Orlando Magic.

ConsIf you are use to being an employee and or small business person, the learning curve might be great for u, this is one reason the Amway business, and or network marketing business as a whole by many is viewed. For many the Robert Kiyoski books might be your only way to see the value of the business, as a lot of people quite dude to lack of financial education, wanting to get money fast and so on.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am in the postion of learning to find the right people for this world. You have to allow your self to see what type of people this business is for, are they teachable, and be the gate keeper to info to them from the top of the company on down. I am an IBO, and you have to also check your leadership style and see who is for u.

Worked for Amway? Contribute to the Community!

Amway Videos

Amway – Why Work for Us?

GREAT CAREERS HAPPEN HERE We’re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth, global experience and a place to make a difference in people’s lives. If you’re interested in joining an innovative… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amway reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amway CEO Doug DeVos. All 113 reviews posted anonymously by Amway employees.