Amway Reviews

Reset
3.8
Amway President Doug DeVos
Doug DeVos

Pros
  • Fairly good work-life balance, only time spent working after normal hours is on presentations (in 11 reviews)

• Great people with nice benefits (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management and organizational structure cycles about every five years (in 9 reviews)

• Takes a long time to get anything done because it goes through a lot of people (in 3 reviews)

1. Customer service /receptionist

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Amway full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is great and the hrs are great. All you need to succeed is the drive and positive attitude! The amway attitude!

Cons

No challenges just a lot adaptability and patience.
    The only con will be the volume and intake of people on a daily basis but if you are a people's person then it will be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. Associate System Support Specialist

Former Employee - Associate Systems Support Specialist in Ada, MI
    Former Employee - Associate Systems Support Specialist in Ada, MI

I worked at Amway

Pros

* Great environment to work in
    * A lot of training opportunities
    * International Travel
    * Management cares about your personal success and grooms employees for leadership

Cons

* Slow moving company (aircraft carrier vs small race car analogy)
    * You always have the sense that leadership has hidden agendas for departments, such as contracting out work instead of in house growth (in I.T., that is).

3. Review of Company

I worked at Amway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment for life balance.

Cons

Slow moving in delivering new projects and enhancements to process and system.

5. Supervisor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ada, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ada, MI

I have been working at Amway full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work Life Balance is highly valued and nice company perks

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities currently as most positions are now being filled from outside candidates

Advice to Management

Better succession panning

6. Great company!

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician

I have been working at Amway full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for a company like Amway, that is rich in culture and family values, is a highlight of my career. The work-life balance is great because they offer multiple benefits that allows one to take time off. Also, the bonuses/yearly-raises are amazing.

Cons

Headquarters is in Ada, Michigan and it may be hard to move up the ladder if you are in the West Coast.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the employees involved - management has been doing a great job in that area.

7. Great company

I have been working at Amway

Pros

Great company with pretty decent benefits. There are opportunities to travel and the company has excellent development programs in certain areas.

Cons

Large company with a lot of politics. A good boss will bring you up, a bad boss will hold you back. It is absolutely ridiculous that some functions get flex Fridays in the summer while other groups have to be in the office... Furthermore, it is even more ridiculous that the California operation has a 4x10 option. I'm an analyst and, as long as i get my work done, I don't feel the need to be in a seat in the Ada complex. I'm better working from home or the coffee shop and was told that this flexibility is supported... IT IS NOT.

8. Amway review

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Amway full-time

Pros

This company continues to assess where they at and where they need to be, so they have healthy changes that benefit my career path each year. They provide training to equip you to add value and to develop for your desired career path.

Cons

Much of the downsides has been corrected or in the process of being corrected so not worth mentioning. This goes back to the company focus on reviving feedback from customers and employees then creating action plans to address the issue.

Advice to Management

Uses various methods to seek out people with potential to develop since some of the methods are very subjective so more methods that allow more talent to be discovered will be important to keep talented employees and fill some opens in the future.

9. Good Benefits and Location

I have been working at Amway full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, family oriented, flexible scheduling, and many talented positive people.

Cons

Difficult to move up due to many long term employees and politics.

10. Customer Service

Former Employee - Costomer Service in Ada, MI
    Former Employee - Costomer Service in Ada, MI

I worked at Amway part-time

Pros

Good pay. The employee store was great. Can't really think of anything else good about it. Oh, most of my co workers were great people

Cons

I had been there over 24 yrs and they started scheduling me night hours while bilingual CSRs who had maybe 5 yrs seniority were working days. They expect way too much from their employees, we are not sales people. We are there to help the customers. Do not work in the customer service dept at Amway. They treat English speaking CSRs like we don't matter.

Advice to Management

Get new management. Make sure you treat your employees that have been there for a long time better.

11. Marketing

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Ada, MI
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Ada, MI

I worked at Amway full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Affiliated with a company that has done great things for the local community and promotes CSR within the organization.

Cons

Too many new Execs from the outside who do not know or understand (or want to understand)the unique Business Model that Amway established via Direct Selling.

Advice to Management

Require all new leadership to just observe and learn about the Business model prior to having to deliver to any aggressive objectives - otherwise, they keep trying to take strategies used at their former place of employment/CPG companies and apply them to Amway and it does not work- wastes resources, hurts morale, alienates the Affiliate markets and the IBOs lose confidence in Ada's ability to support them and their business efforts.

RSS Feed </> Embed