Amy's Ice Creams Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Amy Simmons

1. A wonderful place to work, especially for the student.

Current Employee - Pit Boss in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Pit Boss in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Amy's Ice Creams full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Creative environment. Accepting and diverse. Artistic. Fun. Very Fun. Open Book Management. ( The best part ) Free Ice Cream.

Cons

Low pay compared to the amount of work you must complete. Very very late hours. Sometimes doesn't follow federal labor laws. Some employees are just really lazy.

Advice to Management

Although the values of the company are amazing, sometimes speed at which things get done take way too long, even years. It's a small team, but a new paint job, or new seats shouldn't take two years to come through.

2. Fantastic place to work at if you're at the right store.

Former Employee - Scoop
    Former Employee - Scoop

I worked at Amy's Ice Creams part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun coworkers, great customers, and plenty of new and different ice creams! It's such a great atmosphere to work in.

Cons

Most stores are great and really fun to work at with the Burnet location currently being the exception. I advise against pursuing a position at that location.

Advice to Management

I expected better pay from a company that seems to care so much about it's employees, I would work to adjust that.

3. Poor Management Westgate Location

I have been working at Amy's Ice Creams

Pros

Great customers and company, flexible

Cons

Scheduled for "on call" shifts that are from 9:00 pm to close - not reasonable. Go to work and are told not needed or to wait to see if I can clock in - poor management. Managing costs should be done through scheduling, not through wasting the time and $ (for transportation) of employees.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to train lower level management on effective communication, managing costs and motivating their teams.

5. My job was to make the customer's day, I loved that.

I have been working at Amy's Ice Creams

Pros

It wasn't just an ice cream parlor like Baskin Robbins. We did tricks with the ice cream which meant putting on a show.

Cons

Your arms were very sore after nearly every shift.

Advice to Management

Plastic aprons for the coordination challenged.

6. Bad Management

Former Employee - Pit Boss in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Pit Boss in Austin, TX

I worked at Amy's Ice Creams

Pros

Fun and loyal customers, good environment to work it, opportunity to make decent money compare to other jobs of this level

Cons

Awful management, You are disposable, As a 17 year old girl they felt fine with making me work alone at 2am

Advice to Management

The managers were not trained to care about their employees to give competent training, I don't feel that Amy Simmons cares about her employees

7. Fun Job

Former Employee - Scoop in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Scoop in Austin, TX

I worked at Amy's Ice Creams

Pros

It's a fun job - you meet lots of interesting people and there are several locations so you can work different areas if you want.

Cons

they have so many employees working that you don't get very many hours each week so it is definitely a very part time job, and they can cut your hours to 2-3 weekly without notice I assume so they don't have to pay benefits

Advice to Management

better leadership by store managers as they can be a bit flaky, maybe hire a few less people so that those that want to can work enough to make it worthwhile

RSS Feed </> Embed