Amyx Reviews

5 reviews filtered by
3.6
Satya Akula

1. Aggressive small business, with strong growth potential.

I have been working at Amyx full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Operations Management team is supportive and effective. Working with smart people on forward-thinking solutions. Manager verbalizes appreciation and encourages growth and understanding.

Cons

Career path is not clear. Coordination across teams could stand for improvement.

Advice to Management

Recommend more frequent communications coming from HQ to the project teams. We know you're working hard, but a quarterly meeting can't stand on it's own for helping us understand our role in the big picture.

Awful.

Former Employee - Configuration Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Configuration Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Amyx full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. I loved my job. Coworkers were great!

Cons

I asked for reasonable accommodations. Two days later the reasonable accommodations were denied and I was fired.

Advice to Management

Hire an EEOC Specialist and an OFFCCP professional.

3. Not there long enough

Former Employee - Administrative Support in Seaside, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Support in Seaside, CA

I worked at Amyx full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately I was not with the company long enough to make any comments, as their contract was taken over my another company and all of the employees with this particular contract with with the new company. I had heard wonderful things about this company.

Cons

Unable to be with them to find out their Pros

Mixed experience

Former Employee - Business Development Supervisory Position in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Business Development Supervisory Position in Reston, VA

I worked at Amyx full-time

Pros

Amyx, Inc. is an up and coming company that primarily works in the logistics area, but also has done some interesting IT work. The projects are good, the company appears to be well run, they have a real commitment to quality. They are hustling, and as mentioned previously, they have an outstanding HR team. The have good benefits, and, in generally fair policies. If you are in the right position, you can do well there. They have a lot going for them.

Cons

Business development is a rought spot for the company. Although operations and senior management do excellent capture and review upcoming possibilities and are on top of it, there has been an incredible amount of turnover in the business development department. The acutal people charged with BD don;t seem to be able to succeed there--whether they leave for more money, becasue they have lost credibility, or do not have unspecified skills needed. They rarely confront, mentor or advise, just wait until the incumbent falls into unseen potholes. Everything is fine until it isn't, and that's a real problem for the company. If you hired for a BD position, beware on this company. They eat up people in this function. In any case, even if you ask for feedback and for review of work as an incoming professional, you will likely be told that everything is just fine, only to discover at a later date it really wasn't. Your coworkers and even supervisory will not take responsibility for not propoerly orienting you to your position. I do not beieve this is true for members of project teams.

Advice to Management

Over continuous and honest feedback during the integration process. Give new people a chance to impress, but offer new employee support and mentoring.

6. Fabulous

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Amyx

Pros

Top management and all Human Resources employees at corporate headquarters are fantastic. They are very fair and knowledgeable. Employee benefits are superb – the best I have ever had. In particular, the medical benefits are phenomenal. Amyx, Inc. is a wonderful company in all respects. I would be happy to work for Amxy, Inc. again.

Cons

Direct manager will execute client whims harmful to employee without even talking to employee first. The client is supreme. Employee perspective is irrelevant. Manager will not defend employee or attempt to mediate/resolve issue with client determined to harm employee. Employee will not be given the benefit of any doubt. Adverse consequences to employee are severe.

Advice to Management

There are two sides to every story. Direct managers would benefit clients and Amyx by listening – really listening – to employee perspective/experience before taking action against employee.