Anacomp Reviews

1.8

Anacomp CEO Thomas P. Cunningham
Thomas P. Cunningham
1 Rating

A lot of interesting projects when money is available, otherwise look elsewhere

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Wilmington, MA

I worked at Anacomp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can learn a lot working on new and promising projects when the money is flowing. Easy to move from one project to another if you can handle the job. Good work/life balance.

Cons

If you get stuck on a project with too few people on it or too little time to do what is expected you're still responsible for delivering it.
    Did I mention company's financials have to be in good shape? If something is off you won't know about it until it's too late.

Easy job, terrible company

Former Employee - Data Entry  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Anacomp as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The job was easy, casual dress code. Met some good people. Multiple shifts. Supervisors did what they could, even with managerial pressure.

Cons

Terrible management, facilities, lack of respect for employees. Favor was given to employees for reasons other than production. At the time, the employees were told straight up that benefits were just not happening. Several managers and supervisors displayed unprofessional behavior. This was my experience at the Chantilly location.

Treat your employees better.

Sweat shop part II

Current Employee - Document Prep  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Document Prep in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Anacomp full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are very few pros here. The only one I can think of ... Is the 550am shift...so I'm able to beat traffic

Cons

I agree with the other post... Management is extremely gossipy and very childish. Morale is so bad amongst the new people... Checks aren't given until Friday, even when they arrive days earlier because they fear people won't return. You're given 2 breaks and a lunch ...but its encouraged to miss them because you have to hit your numbers. Suggestions are never taken and when you hit goals... The next day they raise it.

Organization is ridiculous. Someone needs to hit the reset button and bring in new management staff and CEO. The current think tank is ridiculous.

Anacomp Response

Sep 17, 2014Human Resources

Anacomp has been a service company for over 45 years, with more than 80 Data Centers worldwide. As a service company, all of our locations have established and manage to stringent production and ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Anacomp full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are none i can think of

Cons

Some people are given a chance, others aren't, the factors that contribute to this i'm not sure. The job is not difficult at all but with high volume/time sensitive work there are bound to be errors at least in the intial stages as we're not machines... management doesn't really care but some people are given more chances than others... There is unprofessional talk that has been overheard regarding employees. You live in constant fear of losing your job if production goals are not met. If you're leaving a job with stability to try this out you're taking a risk as this place really does not care about its employees.

Value employees and give everyone a fair shot and equal on the job opportunities

Anacomp Response

Sep 17, 2014Human Resources

So-so

Former Employee - Operator I  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Operator I in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Anacomp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This type of job was completely unfamiliar to me initially, but I grew to love the actual work and variety of duties that I had to perform. Training was trial by fire, nothing formal, but I learned a lot.

Cons

At times seemed very unorganized, and unprofessional. Corporate was not paying their bills and we were eventually sold out to a former Anacomp employee.

Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Anacomp

Pros

Cool products and calling on fairly high level managers. A fair amount of autonomy. Product was high regarded and easy to present

Cons

Company did not have any vision. Did not keep up in the market place. Too much of a commodity and hard to sell.

Need a CEO who comes and understands industy. Leadership was not communicative. Poor selection of uppper management. Did not keep up with the market place

swet shop

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Anacomp

Pros

stepping stone for experience or you simply have no other choice

Cons

it is a high school cafiteria soap opera that upper management is constant minipulating, bulling, and lieing to there employees to make them think they have nothing better then what they have there. Constant fear factor where if you are not a certain individual you are thrown under the bus for that person's advancement.not professional at all in the slightest.

get there stuff together. people are not cattle you have to be able to treat the with dignity and respect. Not expect them to cower every time you walk into the room and imtimidate them to make them think it is wrong to want or think it is ok to have more then them.

Does anacomp cut it?

Current Employee - Automated Logistics Specialist  in  Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Automated Logistics Specialist in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Anacomp

Pros

Pay is Great. Overtime is even better. Benefits after a month (dental,health, vision, IRA). People work with you if you have family issues or anything. Get time off when you need it.

Cons

Hard to get a job here. Turn over is bad. Nobody leaves the company sense it is so great. All here for 25 or more years. Mostly in upper 40's, 50, and 60's. Also, knowing that other people out there working hard for no benefits and not enough pay. In which anacomp gives. So people say being on call but if you love overtime it's the best or if you need that extra cash.

Not sure at this current moment. (keep doing what your doing)

Worked for Anacomp? Contribute to the Community!