Anadarko Industries

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Tom Short

1. Employer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Former Employee - Engineering/Specialist
    Former Employee - Engineering/Specialist

I worked at Anadarko Industries full-time

Pros

The company sometimes has job openings. When they do, they are usually for decent sized companies that are well known. Sometimes that's a positive, sometimes it's hardly noteworthy.

Cons

Expect very little support from the actual company as "Anadarko". Employees would often joke about the company and refer to it as "Inthedarko" because answers to questions were slow to come, and there was little feedback from the contract managers with regard to your specific position. Anadarko is a small company, and it shows in their benefits package, which is extremely minimal and very pricy. Working for Anadarko is much more a job than it is a career. Moving up inside of the company is almost assuredly a "not going to happen" situation; you have a far better chance of being hired directly by the company you do work for - the one Anadarko is supplying purchased labor for. Time-off policies were nothing special, work-life balance was fine, but depends on the company Anadarko is supplying labor for.

Advice to Management

Never forget your company is only as good as your employees. Take care of them, and they'll take care of you. I would suggest that contracts with companies be structured differently so as to allow employees to provide better chance for growth and better career advancement. Neither side wins when a long-time employees feels like he or she is just going though the motions and feels like her or she isn't valued by the company.

2. No careers offered, just dead-end jobs

I have been working at Anadarko Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There really aren't any good reasons to work here, unless the only alternative is unemployment and poverty.

Cons

There are no rewards for quality work or productivity improvement. There is no possibility of a pay raise or promotion. There is no opportunity to learn anything that might be useful in getting a job elsewhere. A complete dead end.

Advice to Management

Show some backbone. The customer has complete control of Anadarko employees with no responsibility.

3. Frustrating

Former Contractor - Technical Support Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Technical Support Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Anadarko Industries as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was very good. Managers were friendly, empathetic and approachable most of the time. Immediate supervisor was tyrannical but beyond that not a bad experience in terms of workplace culture since job was on-site within a large government agency.

Cons

Supervisor was extremely overbearing. Nice guy but when it came to work he would always crack the whip and hard. Kept everyone on pins and needles and in fear of their jobs at the slightest incident. Constant berating of employees only half jokingly was the norm. Definitely wore emotions on sleeve which was a tad bit unprofessional but not uncommon in government work places in my experience.

Advice to Management

Let up. Not only listen to employee but implement their ideas.

5. Typical NASA Contractor that Supplies a Paycheck and Benefits and Not Much Else

I have been working at Anadarko Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management has no involvement in day-to-day work. Management stays happy if your functional manager is happy. Allows some telecommuting. No vesting with 401k. The benefits offered are generally pretty good.

Cons

Zero opportunity for career advancement. No bonus or additional compensation or any sort in 3.5 years. No social function of any sort in nearly two years. Medical premiums are INCREDIBLY high. Almost no communication how other areas of the company are doing.

Advice to Management

Lowest bidder wins the contract so it is not a surprise that Anadarko Industries offers so very little. I had hoped after 4 years things would have changed but apparently not. However, they have always provided me a steady, descent paycheck so I can't complain too much.

6. HORRIBLE company to work for with brown-nosing management

I have been working at Anadarko Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility; however that's not due to Anadarko, it results from external customer's flexible work from home policies. Once hired; job will most likely be put on cruise control.

Cons

Absolutely horrible management with no advancement opportunity. Manager, master at manipulating people, is rarely at work and pretends to be doing a lot while at work. Regardless, everyone on this contract is aware of this and know why this manager is at their current spot, excellent brown-nosing skills and gender. To top it off; external customers have bigger issues of their own that are likely not going to be resolved. Other issues; vacation and benefits are below average and admin staff is unorganized.

Advice to Management

Change current managers and get it together or else this company will cease to exist.

7. Unbelievably poor management, borderline fraudulent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Anadarko Industries full-time

Pros

Difficult to say. By the time I left, there was nothing good about the company.

Cons

Very, very poor management. Raises and promotions are promised for excellent performance, but never actually given. Poor employees are allowed to remain on staff and only let go when the company is forced by their customer to do so. There is very little motivation to excel as an employee.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to get rid of people who are dragging down the team. An environment where good behavior is unrewarded and bad behavior is unpunished results in extremely low employee morale.

8. Not that great, but not terrible either

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Anadarko Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a good work/life balance.

Cons

I have not been too impressed with the company in the time I have worked there. Company structure provides very little incentive to go "above and beyond" what's expected and management seems to lack insight in the contributions of the employees. Even those desiring to make a bigger impact don't seem to get the opportunity to shine. The benefits package is pretty basic. As is somewhat expected for a small company, there is not much room for individuals to advance their careers or move around in the company.

Advice to Management

To foster a better environment, keep a closer pulse on how the employees are doing and show more appreciation for the work they contribute to the company.

9. Absolutely no micromanagement, but a willingness to get involved, when asked, with issues needing elevation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Anadarko Industries

Pros

You or the team on which you work are pretty much left alone to do your job, but help is available if needed: coordinating between departments or companies supporting the same contract, for example.

Extroverted, easy to approach, "people person", top level management is always on the lookout for opportunities to help people. Mid level management is supportive and willing to be flexible.

Cons

Some projects allow no overtime at all, potentially affecting schedules, and ultimately contract performance. I don't know that this has been an issue. I'm just aknowledging that it could be; and it's really the only "con" I can think of.

Advice to Management

None. There is nothing of major significance that I would ask to be changed.

10. OK as an distant, very removed "holding company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Anadarko Industries

Pros

Pretty much leave us alone to do our jobs.

Cons

Do not really understand the project we work on or the customer from whom we work.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what can be done to keep teams together and working well.

RSS Feed </> Embed