Anadarko Industries

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tom Short

Employer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Engineering/Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsThe company sometimes has job openings. When they do, they are usually for decent sized companies that are well known. Sometimes that's a positive, sometimes it's hardly noteworthy.

ConsExpect very little support from the actual company as "Anadarko". Employees would often joke about the company and refer to it as "Inthedarko" because answers to questions were slow to come, and there was little feedback from the contract managers with regard to your specific position. Anadarko is a small company, and it shows in their benefits package, which is extremely minimal and very pricy. Working for Anadarko is much more a job than it is a career. Moving up inside of the company is almost assuredly a "not going to happen" situation; you have a far better chance of being hired directly by the company you do work for - the one Anadarko is supplying purchased labor for. Time-off policies were nothing special, work-life balance was fine, but depends on the company Anadarko is supplying labor for.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever forget your company is only as good as your employees. Take care of them, and they'll take care of you. I would suggest that contracts with companies be structured differently so as to allow employees to provide better chance for growth and better career advancement. Neither side wins when a long-time employees feels like he or she is just going though the motions and feels like her or she isn't valued by the company.

HORRIBLE company to work for with brown-nosing management

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsFlexibility; however that's not due to Anadarko, it results from external customer's flexible work from home policies. Once hired; job will most likely be put on cruise control.

ConsAbsolutely horrible management with no advancement opportunity. Manager, master at manipulating people, is rarely at work and pretends to be doing a lot while at work. Regardless, everyone on this contract is aware of this and know why this manager is at their current spot, excellent brown-nosing skills and gender. To top it off; external customers have bigger issues of their own that are likely not going to be resolved. Other issues; vacation and benefits are below average and admin staff is unorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange current managers and get it together or else this company will cease to exist.

Unbelievably poor management, borderline fraudulent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsDifficult to say. By the time I left, there was nothing good about the company.

ConsVery, very poor management. Raises and promotions are promised for excellent performance, but never actually given. Poor employees are allowed to remain on staff and only let go when the company is forced by their customer to do so. There is very little motivation to excel as an employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to get rid of people who are dragging down the team. An environment where good behavior is unrewarded and bad behavior is unpunished results in extremely low employee morale.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not that great, but not terrible either

Houston, TX

ProsThere is a good work/life balance.

ConsI have not been too impressed with the company in the time I have worked there. Company structure provides very little incentive to go "above and beyond" what's expected and management seems to lack insight in the contributions of the employees. Even those desiring to make a bigger impact don't seem to get the opportunity to shine. The benefits package is pretty basic. As is somewhat expected for a small company, there is not much room for individuals to advance their careers or move around in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo foster a better environment, keep a closer pulse on how the employees are doing and show more appreciation for the work they contribute to the company.

Absolutely no micromanagement, but a willingness to get involved, when asked, with issues needing elevation.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsYou or the team on which you work are pretty much left alone to do your job, but help is available if needed: coordinating between departments or companies supporting the same contract, for example.

Extroverted, easy to approach, "people person", top level management is always on the lookout for opportunities to help people. Mid level management is supportive and willing to be flexible.

ConsSome projects allow no overtime at all, potentially affecting schedules, and ultimately contract performance. I don't know that this has been an issue. I'm just aknowledging that it could be; and it's really the only "con" I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. There is nothing of major significance that I would ask to be changed.

OK as an distant, very removed "holding company"

Fort Collins, CO

ProsPretty much leave us alone to do our jobs.

ConsDo not really understand the project we work on or the customer from whom we work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to what can be done to keep teams together and working well.

Worked for Anadarko Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Anadarko Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Anadarko Industries CEO Tom Short. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Anadarko Industries employees.