Anadarko Petroleum

Anadarko Petroleum Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Anadarko Petroleum President & CEO R. A. Walker

R. A. Walker

Pros
  • Work/Life Balance is important now(in 11 reviews)

• Our 9/80 schedule allows for more free time which helps balance work and home life(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Many of the "smaller" assets in the Denver office are understaffed and over-worked due to everyone going to the Wattenberg asset(in 3 reviews)

Best oil compnay out there.

Senior Staff IT Administrator (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsEverything works well in this company. They find reserves, and take care of their employees. Great benefits, culture, and training.

ConsI have not seen any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!

Best company to work for in the Houston area.

(Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsThe company culture is amazing. Oil and gas has a reputation for being very conservative. Anadarko is a very progressive company that allows for innovation and entrepreneurship. Decisions are made at much lower levels in the company than in "supermajor" oil and gas companies. Pay and benefits are very good, and the amount of time off is much higher than other companies I've seen.

ConsStock depressed due to ongoing Tronox litigation.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs Anadarko continues to grow, maintain the culture and core values that have made the company so successful and such a positive place to work.

Anadarko is a great company

Analyst (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsStrong company, excellent benefits and compensation compared to peers

ConsCompany is large, red tape and territorialism sometimes makes things difficult to get accomplished. To get a suggestion for change implemented to improve safety or profitability can be mired in territorialism and red tape to the point that suggestions for change in order to improve are often avoided by every day employees. When you have a suggestion to improve operations or maintenance, there are several departments and layers of management that have to approve before even considering the suggestion. There is big money being lost by the company due to the time it takes to make changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementStream line processes involving change to facilities. Give local managers more clout to get changes implemented.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Offshore work on a production platform.

ProsGreat workplace with opportunities for growth.

ConsNo cons at this time.

Overall, A great place to work

Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsLots of Pros here, ease of access to location, benefits, work/life balance, bonus structure, co-workers are friendly with a family atmosphere.

ConsCan get stuck in one position. This is your box and don't step out the line type of mentality. Only reason I left was after years of trying to learn new things but they wouldn't let me.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust in you staff, let them grow and leave to other groups if they show the willingness and drive.

Phenomenal company and culture. I absolutely love it there.

Finance (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsGreat benefits. On-site gym. Tons of PTO. Competitive salary.

ConsAs with any company where employees absolutely love it, people simply do not leave. Upward mobility opportunities unknown.

Great company to work for!

OPerator V (Current Employee) Bethel, Anderson, TX

ProsPay, benefits, family atmosphere, vacation

ConsRotating shift work makes it hard for a healthy life style.

Very uneven employee satisfaction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsThe core values are a strong base and total compensation is on the high end.

ConsThe core values used more as reasonsto discipline employees than a foundation to create a strong employee base. Compensation policies are completely subjective, the actuality is that compensation does not have a true link to performance just real lose guidelines that are applied by each manager as they see fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview the performance rating system and it's relationship to comp. Employees rated as 1,2,3 with 3 unacceptable and 60%+ employees rated a 2 makes it difficult to have meaningful performance discussions

#1 workplace 3 years in a row.

Regulatory (Current Employee)

ProsThe employees are great, the benefits are great.

ConsThe pressure and the workload is high. It takes most contractors 1 year + to get hired on, average is 2 years sometimes even more.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone doesn't have a degree but is recognized as a extremely hard and dedicated worker, that fits the role with great referrals. Maybe HR should bypass the "Bachelors Degree Required" and give that person a chance. So they can better themselves and eventually start taking classes when the time is right for them.

Great Company and Great Leadership

Consultant (Clerk/Coordinator) (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsGood structure, great business plan.

ConsTend to micromanage task that don't hold much importance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing.

Worked for Anadarko Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!