Anadarko Petroleum

Anadarko Petroleum Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Anadarko Petroleum President & CEO R. A. Walker

R. A. Walker

Pros
  • Work/Life Balance is important now(in 11 reviews)

• Our 9/80 schedule allows for more free time which helps balance work and home life(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Many of the "smaller" assets in the Denver office are understaffed and over-worked due to everyone going to the Wattenberg asset(in 3 reviews)

Great benefits, compensation and atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsOpportunity to make a difference
    Access to management
    Compensation
    Benefits
    Can act fast without red tape

ConsGetting too big too fast... May lose ability to act fast
    Getting too many processes and forms

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose Hackett's vision and culture

Company that respects family values and employee opportunities.

Project Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAdvancement opportunities are available whether or not you hold a degree. As a non-degreed professional, APC has given the the ability to learn new skills on the job, while exploring where/how I would like to direct my future with the company.

ConsWould prefer that there was a bit more leniency for working from home. Particularly if your role is 65% or more done online.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you're doing! The culture here is very well handled and overall, the experience has been very rewarding.

Land Professional

ProsCore values, benefits, location, cross-training

Cons"Good old boy" network may still be alive and well

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall a great place to work, and a company that takes care of it's employees financially.

Field Foreman (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunity for advancement
    Pay & Bonuses
    Vacation
    Retirement benefits
    Challenging

ConsWork/Life balance of field office personnel is not the same as corporate
    Industry is not looked upon favorably in many areas
    Rapid growth in some areas has led to poor managment being put in place

Advice to Senior ManagementTurnover is starting to reveal a problem with work/life issues. It's not always about the money. Invest in your employees!!!

Great Company - Some departments could use improvement

Senior Land Specialist (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsAnadarko has wonderful employees that are willing to help each other to get the job done quickly and effectively. We have great bonuses, benefits, PTO and tons of wonderful volunteer opportunities. Our 9/80 schedule allows for more free time which helps balance work and home life. Though the job can be demanding and stressful at times, I find that the time I spend with my coworkers and the results we achieve as a team make the stressful times worth it.

ConsSome department managers are stuck in the boys’ club mentality. If you are from the younger generation and are a woman, working in one of these departments means you have to prove yourself more. Having a tough skin will be necessary and you will need to advocate for yourself much more than you would in other departments. I want to stress that not all departments are like this. Many departments are run by men and women who have taken a progressive and proactive approach to managing and assessing the talent within their teams. I do feel it's necessary to point out that one of the cons of working at the company is the boys’ club mentality that still lingers in some departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions and raises should be based on merit and the quality of work performed by employees. Career opportunities should be shared and all qualified employees should be considered. The younger generations should be seen as just as competent and talented as the older generation. I work for a great company that I would like to see grow into a fantastic company. I believe that upper management does a great job of keeping employees informed about corporate standings and future plans. I would like to also know that they are aware of how the individual departments are functioning and work to improve long standing issues.

Great company

Mechanic (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsNice vacation 4-7weeks along with 10 additional days off. 4 days on 3 days off. Safety is #1 priority over cost

ConsNot very many. Haven't had a job this good before. I work less than half the year how can I complain

The Jury is still out...

Senior Document Controller (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsWonderful facility; Nice surroundings; Ok thus far...

ConsStill a newbie so the jury is still out...

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at the present time.

Fantastic company!

Senior ITS Administrator (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsImpact, Schedule, Peers, Culture, Comp

Consi have found no cons

Advice to Senior Managementno advice

Production Operator

Operator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat atmosphere to learn with people who are willing to share their knowledge. If you are willing to put forth the effort, your growth within the company can be unimaginable.

ConsI have no cons at this time

Anadarko

Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAnadarkonis great company. It is very a nimble company that empowers its employees. The executive management team is second to none.

ConsAnadarko Petroloeum is a growing company and may be losing some of what has made it great. There must be a concerted effort to remain nimble.

Worked for Anadarko Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!