Analog Devices Reviews

11 reviews filtered by
  • Greensboro, NC Area
3.6
Vincent Roche

1. Good Company and leader in analog ckts design.

Former Intern - Product Engineer in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Analog Devices as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

It's stable and helpful. The group is expanding.

Cons

A little pressure. Wide range of knowledge is needed.

Getting worse

Former Employee - Analog Design Engineer in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Analog Design Engineer in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Analog Devices full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting work (for some), good benefits, work with very skilled engineers

Cons

Poor direction and leadership from upper management, culture becoming more toxic and polarized, long design cycles with large teams = slow career growth and development, low pay compared to other companies in the industry, frequent re-orgs, layoffs, work/life balance

You need to improve the career development situation. The assembly-line method where people have the same role over and over wastes people's potential. Also, need to fix the territorial culture that leads to extreme waste of resources and a terrible work environment. Most are not happy, some regretting coming to ADI, people will leave. It is a real shame that ADI is devolving from where it was to where it is going.

3. A hive of smart minds

Former Intern - Product Engineer in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Analog Devices as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

The culture at Analog Devices is very open and inviting. Most of the engineers I worked with were very helpful whenever I had questions about specific projects I was working on at the time.

There weren't tight constraints placed on employees when it came to accounting for working hours and the management was very flexible in the event of emergencies and needing to take time off. Accumulation of vacation time was a slow process but you start off with 3 weeks as a new hire.

I worked as an intern, but after my seventeen months of non-consecutive "rotations" at the company, I felt very well educated on the projects I worked and felt strong connections to some of my fellow employees.

Cons

Despite the flexibility of the management, I found myself at a loss for how to progress during certain stages of a project. My manager was often very busy with his own work and had little time to train me or give me direction on who to talk to in order to solve the problems I was dealing with at the time.

Over the years I worked off and on as an intern, I saw the same faces in the same positions with only horizontal "promotions" and shifting employees around into different groups. Recently, a corporate restructure took place that left several employees in groups and positions they were unfamiliar with and unskilled in.

Since the group sizes are often relatively small, encourage more face-time between management and employees to catalyze growth of the worker and ensure a level of comfort with the type of work currently assigned.

5. Great place to work at

Current Intern - Applications Engineer in Greensboro, NC
    Current Intern - Applications Engineer in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Analog Devices as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I like the business-2-business based strategy at ADI.

Cons

ADI is not doing enough Research and development on system level products.

6. Lots of smart people, very conservative management

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Analog Devices full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ADI is filled with really bright, competent engineers. It is an amazing place to increase your skills. I learned a lot at ADI and got to work on a lot of very interesting projects.

Cons

Raises aren't very good. Hard to break through into the ranks of senior people. Lay people off too often and then have to hire again soon.

You're doing quite well, but you could improve the prospects of your junior engineers.

7. Very stable company, good people, difficult to move up.

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Analog Devices full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company, people are professional and know their job.

Cons

Difficult to grow. The culture of the company is changing.

Clarify the organization, provide clear directions, utilize the strengths of your employees.

8. Great pay and benefits, management has blinders on as you go up

Former Employee - CAD Engineer in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - CAD Engineer in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Analog Devices full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, benefits. 5% 401k Company contribution PLUS 3% match on first 4% you contribute. Bonuses were averaging around 15% peaked at 25%, bottom was around 4%. Healthy company financially, - pay freeze, but not cut in downturn of '08-'09, company still posted profits too.
    Local management (Greensboro, NC) and peers in engineering are great to work with.

Cons

Corporate and upper management are not listening to the local teams, they've cut costs a lot and have definitely made the company leaner financially, but some has come and is still coming at the expense of tying the hands of some of the engineering teams.

Think. Listen. Come visit locally and try to understand real issues.

Analog Devices - technology leader built on family values

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Analog Devices full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, flexible hours, career development plans, compensation&benefits, top of the line technology projects

Cons

Vacation days do not roll over to the following year

10. A view of a Product Development Engineer at Analog Devices

I have been working at Analog Devices

Pros

The job at ADI is pretty flexible in terms of personal growth. There are many career developing opportunities available at ADI. Also, to move from one job to another job within the company is available for employees to excel in various fields.

Cons

Sometimes, it's a struggle to get few things approved, get the right equipment in the LAB and compete for resources in the same group between different teams.

N/A as of now, except listen to employees once in a while.

11. Great place to start, but you have to work to find opportunities for advancement.

I have been working at Analog Devices

Pros

Analog Devices employees some of the best and brightest engineers. There is a definite emphasis on the engineering aspect of the work (as opposed to the marketing aspect). Everyone seems very happy to be working there, and the consensus is that when people leave for other companies, they'll probably be back in a few years. I've seen it happen several times and I'm not surprised that it's true.

Cons

The company becomes too conservative in times of hardship, to the point where it can be difficult to get approval for items that are required. There seems to be little specific direction given by the senior management, only generalities that don't seem to point us anywhere. Also, there appears to be too much emphasis on the Wall Street performance metrics and meeting the numbers for the next quarter.

Be more specific about your vision of where the company is headed. Stand out and say this is what we think we should. Screw the Wall Street perspective of the "next quarter" and do something that requires long term vision.

Analog Devices Photos

ADI headquarters in Norwood, Mass.
One of our main equipment used in the lab
office area