Analog Devices
www.analog.com Norwood, MA 5000+ Employees

Analog Devices Reviews in Greensboro, NC

Vincent Roche

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very stable company, good people, difficult to move up.

I have been working at Analog Devices full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStable company, people are professional and know their job.

ConsDifficult to grow. The culture of the company is changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementClarify the organization, provide clear directions, utilize the strengths of your employees.

Lots of smart people, very conservative management

Design Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Analog Devices full-time for more than 3 years

ProsADI is filled with really bright, competent engineers. It is an amazing place to increase your skills. I learned a lot at ADI and got to work on a lot of very interesting projects.

ConsRaises aren't very good. Hard to break through into the ranks of senior people. Lay people off too often and then have to hire again soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing quite well, but you could improve the prospects of your junior engineers.

Analog Devices - technology leader built on family values

Test Engineer (Current Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Analog Devices full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat working environment, flexible hours, career development plans, compensation&benefits, top of the line technology projects

ConsVacation days do not roll over to the following year

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great pay and benefits, management has blinders on as you go up

CAD Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Analog Devices full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat pay, benefits. 5% 401k Company contribution PLUS 3% match on first 4% you contribute. Bonuses were averaging around 15% peaked at 25%, bottom was around 4%. Healthy company financially, - pay freeze, but not cut in downturn of '08-'09, company still posted profits too.
Local management (Greensboro, NC) and peers in engineering are great to work with.

ConsCorporate and upper management are not listening to the local teams, they've cut costs a lot and have definitely made the company leaner financially, but some has come and is still coming at the expense of tying the hands of some of the engineering teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink. Listen. Come visit locally and try to understand real issues.

A view of a Product Development Engineer at Analog Devices

I have been working at Analog Devices

ProsThe job at ADI is pretty flexible in terms of personal growth. There are many career developing opportunities available at ADI. Also, to move from one job to another job within the company is available for employees to excel in various fields.

ConsSometimes, it's a struggle to get few things approved, get the right equipment in the LAB and compete for resources in the same group between different teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A as of now, except listen to employees once in a while.

Great place to start, but you have to work to find opportunities for advancement.

I have been working at Analog Devices

ProsAnalog Devices employees some of the best and brightest engineers. There is a definite emphasis on the engineering aspect of the work (as opposed to the marketing aspect). Everyone seems very happy to be working there, and the consensus is that when people leave for other companies, they'll probably be back in a few years. I've seen it happen several times and I'm not surprised that it's true.

ConsThe company becomes too conservative in times of hardship, to the point where it can be difficult to get approval for items that are required. There seems to be little specific direction given by the senior management, only generalities that don't seem to point us anywhere. Also, there appears to be too much emphasis on the Wall Street performance metrics and meeting the numbers for the next quarter.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more specific about your vision of where the company is headed. Stand out and say this is what we think we should. Screw the Wall Street perspective of the "next quarter" and do something that requires long term vision.

Great work/life balance.

Product Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Analog Devices

ProsFlexible hours. Great work-life balance. Analog really takes care of their employees through both of these and couples them with great pay and benefits. Analog provides engineers with the ability to work on a variety of projects without the constant pressure from management. This helps foster a creative environment.

ConsFlat hierarchy. A majority of upper management are composed of older, experienced workers... most of whom have been in the same positions for many years. Seems that these positions will not be available to other employees unless new ones are created or people leave. This makes it difficult for younger employees to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication to lower levels. Create more opportunity for younger employees to move around into positions that best fit their needs and wants.

Worked for Analog Devices? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Analog Devices reviews and ratings in Greensboro, NC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Analog Devices CEO Vincent Roche . All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Analog Devices employees.