Analog Devices Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
Updated September 22, 2014
3.9

Vincent Roche

Pros
  • Smart people, great technology, work-life balance, located in greater boston area (in 33 reviews)

• very talented co-workers, good working environment, good salaries (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Strong senior management, but very weak mid-level management (in 7 reviews)

• Career advancement can be very slow - especially from entry level to mid-level mangement (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Analog Devices

I worked at Analog Devices

Pros

Some good people work there

Cons

Some not so good people work there

A Great Place to Learn and Start a Career

I worked at Analog Devices full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work environment is just perfect. Work is definitely busy daily but not overwhelmingly stressful. As an engineer, you may still find a balance between work and life, and this is definitely not the case in many of the engineering/high-tech firms. Engineers at Analog Devices know their shits inside out and they always stay on top of their game. They are very focused people and nice as well. There always will be people happy to assist whenever you need help.

Cons

I really cannot think of any downsides. One thing about the location is that Greensboro is not a terribly exciting place to live and there isn't much to do. But I guess there isn't anything that Analog Devices can do about it, is there?

Please hire more young people, especially new college graduates and co-op students. Young people need opportunity and experience and they will be grateful if they are given a chance. And, I think it is very likely that you will gain quite a few future employees with loyalty.

Ethics Questionable

I worked at Analog Devices

Pros

A good company for one tour of duty, 4-5 years. Learn about analog technology, get an advanced degree and then move on. ADI is still a good brand to include in work history for now. ADI has a great legacy.

Cons

Policies and procedures are not followed consistently. HR may loose files, employees may be given bogus reviews, bad managers may be reassigned for their loyalty. Employees may find themselves in a political quagmire with no recourse. Caveat emptor.

Manage for the long term as well as the short term. Reinstitute 5yr outlooks in the annual planning process.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrific Company!!

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Norwood, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Norwood, MA

I worked at Analog Devices full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Get to work with intelligent people and interesting cutting edge products. Great benefits package! Very professional atmosphere. Great long term opportunity!

Cons

There really aren't any....workload could get heavy at times but that it the new normal these days.

Keep up the good work!

warehouse environment is the same everywhere

Current Employee - Warehouse  in  Norwood, MA
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Norwood, MA

I have been working at Analog Devices as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

opportunity of growth is slim

Cons

below par for growth opportunities.

opportunity of growth is slim

Great Benefits

Current Employee - Materials Handler II  in  Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Materials Handler II in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Analog Devices full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are the best reason to work here.

Cons

My immediate group leader. Here in Nashua, it is hard to understand what she expects from us. It is disappointing to get the blame for things that were out of your control.

Analyze your management, even the lowliest of them. Ask questions they should know, I think you will find they don't know what they should. Talk with the employees below them not just their immediate boss. They have worked together 18 years and are a bit friendly.

A conservative company looking for growth

I worked at Analog Devices full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Best in class brand and technology. A heaven for engineers. Profitable among a wide range of products. Does business in many market segments and all regions. Has processes and tools in place to run business operations. Well respected.

Cons

Conservative decision making.
    Slow to change at the executive level where it needs the most change.
    Does not hold people accountable for deliverables.
    A lack of communication at top level to the employees. A lack of clear mission and vision.

Get new DNA

Great benefits and business culture

Current Employee - Channel Account Manager  in  Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Analog Devices full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefit package and good business culture.

Cons

Mid-Level management is spread to thin support their subordinates

Increase opportunities for career advancement

Good place to work, very collaborative, yet too many personal and family relations in mid-management

I have been working at Analog Devices full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom to explore and implement new ideas, working with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Education and learning is strongly encouraged. horizontal mangement structure promotes open-forum discussions.

Cons

Relatively slow pace of growth.

In some engineering support structures people would not work with you unless directed by their immidiate manager, and would drag their feet thereafter thus impeding progress. No such problem within the engineering community.

Too many mid-tier managers are related through family or relations outside company structure. Too many seasoned employee are "retired" in their existing positions, not willing to maintain pace with technology. At least in this group, too many promotions and large purchase approvals correlate with "bootlicking" and playing golf with the head of the group.

Probably a more individual problem, but focus your efforts on people who really do the work , because they are the ones who carry it on. They will go elsewhere if you don't. On the same token, people who spend most their time talking about "how challanging it was" are usually that, just talk.

Strong corporate culture, medium security, generally interesting

Former Employee - Engineering Intern  in  Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Analog Devices as an intern for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at a recent acquisition of ADI, so most of the cons didn't apply during my time there. The acquisition was very R&D, and so had a huge degree of flexibility and the cutting-edge technology stayed very interesting. We were insulated from most of the corporate-ness and politics, if only because our local management staff fought strongly to that end.

Cons

ADI is only slightly less corporate and controlling than other large, multi-billion-dollar companies. If you're looking for stability and regimentation, ADI's a good place to look without being completely soulless. On the other hand, it's still a big company and still has its share of annoyances. My review is probably more positive than lots, having avoided most of those.

Four-walls is an unbelievably stupid and ineffective policy for IP management, and only serves to enrage your employees.

Analog Devices Photos

ADI headquarters in Norwood, Mass.
One of our main equipment used in the lab
office area

+ Add Photo

Worked for Analog Devices? Contribute to the Community!