Analysis Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Analysis Group President & CEO Martha S. Samuelson

Martha S. Samuelson

Pros
  • very supportive environment, challenging work, very smart people(in 11 reviews)

• The job is interesting and challenging(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very limited work-life balance, which isn't a bad thing in itself if you like what you're doing(in 12 reviews)

• At its worst, it's long hours of rather droll work(in 12 reviews)

Growing Firm that is well run, but the lifestyle is challenging

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat smart people all over the place; seemingly intelligence acquired through osmosis. Alot of job security, very interesting and dynamic work, flat structure, good benefits, decent pay (better at other cities relatively) and great supportive system and culture for one to develop and hone their skills

ConsThe career prospects are relatively stagnant as it is not so much a meritocracy and more of a tenure-based promotion. Those in high positions have no reason to leave and so top down it is very clogged. Few exit strategies exist for those in litigation, and the longer you are here the harder it is to sell yourself as you don't really master any one thing. You kind of are stuck...not the worst place to be stuck but still...Also it is lawyer hours without the lawyer pay, so don't buy the "work/life balance" the company tries to advertise

Great people. Cases can be dull

ProsPeople are second to none in terms of intellect. Compensation is fair and culture is collegial.

ConsCases can be dull with some rather pointless assignments; better technical training programs could be beneficial. Staffing can be rather unequal.

Great place to learn and start your career

ProsGreat compensation and benefits, very talented bunch of individuals

ConsPoor work-life balance, favoritism

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good first post-grad experience career-wise, but don't expect to have a social life

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood opportunity to work with extremely smart, generally great people. Depending on the subject, cases can be interesting. Good place to learn some basic technical skills.

ConsWork-life balance is terrible. Senior staff often doesn't seem to care much about the welfare of analysts. Cases can also be terrible and monotonous. Don't expect to do much for the betterment of society.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotion criteria should be more transparent (frankly, seems heavily influenced by favoritism). Case teams and individual work loads should be better managed.

Great Office, Nice people

Quality Control Temp (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsNice people, very nice office environment, great pay, great perks

ConsLocation, traffic, transparency, training, not much interaction

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to employees

Economic Consulting

Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsWorking alongside focused, intelligent, and diligent economic minds. Many opportunities to develop programming, statistical, model building skills. Excellent introduction to big data.

ConsAt its best, it's fascinating work from the meta (economic theory, major industry players, precident setting litigations) to the minutia (modeling development, programming, document reviews). At its worst, it's long hours of rather droll work.

Well-Run Company

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsEmployees are smart, interesting people that I enjoyed having as colleagues. Management is great and treats employees very well. Training for new employees is very good and I learned a lot from working there.

ConsWhile the day to day work was very enjoyable, there was not a huge positive societal impact. Also, hours could sometimes be high, but I found them to be overall reasonable.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Great place to grow

ProsPeople really care about your professional development and help you grow.

ConsNone. This place is perfect.

Great company - If you are sure you want to do econ consulting

Associate (Current Employee)

Pros- Friendly, helpful co-workers
    - Formal mentoring programs
    - Great training opportunities for analysts; new associates can also attend
    - Help with b-school/grad school applications for analysts
    - Opportunities to work on interesting casework, if you're lucky
    - Generally competitive compensation and company perks

Cons- Very limited work-life balance, which isn't a bad thing in itself if you like what you're doing
    - If you're staffed on monotonous, tedious cases, work can be dissatisfying
    - Some technical skills are transferable, but you won't acquire much business/strategy skills
    - Some associates and managers have no idea how to manage teams/work streams

Great place to work with very intelligent economists/statisticians

Analyst (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsVery smart people, experts in economics, kind atmosphere, intellectually stimulating work, great place to learn statistical modeling and programming, high profile clients, lots of work and room for expansion

ConsThey say that there is a lot of freedom to try projects in different industry areas, but in reality that is quite difficult to do. Unlike the bigger consulting firms, there isn't a strong people operations function/team that coordinates project choice and flow among analysts and associates to ensure that people enjoy their work.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in the culture of the firm and in people operations. Conduct happiness surveys to gauge how employees feel.

Worked for Analysis Group? Contribute to the Community!