Analytic Partners
www.analyticpartners.com New York, NY 50 to 149 Employees

Analytic Partners Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2014
Analytic Partners – Cincinnati – “Office environment”

Analytic Partners President Nancy Smith

Nancy Smith

Stay for a couple years if you're entry level and get out

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe work is interesting and you get great client exposure. Atmosphere is pretty laid back and politics are minimal. Company pays pretty well too.

ConsSenior members will promise the world to clients and then dump everything off on low-level folks without discussions about reasonable timing expectations. Working until the wee hours of the night happens frequently due to not pushing back on unreasonable client demands. Very little transparency exists from the top down. "Important" people can behave like complete buffoons at social functions with impunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent with your employees and they might not jump ship all the time.

young culture and smart colleagues

Analyst (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI work on a big client so there is a lot of focus and I work on some fairly sophisticated analyses. There are opportunities to move within the organization. There are many activities for the employees to take part in. There is very little office politics. Methodologies are solid and I have seen clients benefit from the work.

ConsTraining can be more organized. I got a lot of one on one training with a more senior team members but I would have liked more formal initial training and less trial and error and re-doing work.

Pay is good but New York is crazy expensive to live in.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone right now.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good for resume, but not a place to be for more than 1-2 years

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsDo work for P&G and other well-known companies. Marketing mix modeling is great to have on your resume and many people know who Analytic Partners is. Good rapport between coworkers -- happy hours were common and enjoyable, and people often went out and ate lunch together. Small enough that if you're a rock star you can stand out and get more responsibility although it depends on your manager because many have been promoted due to their technical skill with zero regard to the fact that they have poor people management skills so your manager may not know part of his/her job is to help you grow professionally

ConsYou're promised merit increases and a 20% bonus but don't get either (or a tiny fraction thereof). No tuition assistance or 401k match, and medical/dental/vision is so expensive ($200 per month for a single person) that many of us got medical elsewhere or went without. No other benefits. Oh sorry except a candy jar and fancy coffee maker in the kitchen. Only a handful of levels (analyst, sr analyst, consultant, sr consultant, director, sr director) so it can be years between pay increases. Work is cyclical and repetitive so it gets boring after a while yet people feel the need to reinvent the wheel every time vs. come up with innovative analyses. Some accounts were lost because the clients didn't see the value after the first couple of projects

Advice to Senior ManagementVPs were nice enough but CEO really needs to take a minute to think about taking care of her people instead of just focusing on getting more business. Have HR do more than hire and fire -- get people benefits

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good, some bad

Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThe company offers opportunity to work with some reputable clients and big brands. Some great and committed people. Friendly work environment. Compensation is decent. Medical and dental are OK. Company has good reputation. Your Linked In mailbox is going to get hammered by recruiters when they see you have experience in this industry and company.

ConsClients are highly demanding and management doesn't reign in client expectations. This causes stress and crunch times as teams struggle to meet unreasonable customer demands. you learn fast but with the cost of stress coming from clients.

Benefits fine esp. if you're young and don't have medical issues but I can see how high co-pays would be tough on employees with lots of medical issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Good learning experience, but they work you hard.

Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsOpportunity to learn...career advancement is possible if you work hard...get to learn with many different smart people and work on a variety of different clients

ConsMonotonous data prep and modeling. Pay is low - the client side is much more lucrative. Management maintains a model of burning out analysts and lower level employees to see who makes it to the top.

A Good Place to Work

New York, NY

ProsYoung and growing company with smart people and in a fun environment. If you want the experience of working in a consulting environment without being on the road 5 nights a week, Analytic Partners might be a good option for you. Management provides the opportunity for employees to work in various offices in other parts of the world. Employees are pushed learn quickly and if you are good, promotional opportunities can come quickly. Very good client retention and the CEO is very highly regarded.

ConsThis is not a 9 to 5 place to work. Don't go to work here if you are not willing to work hard

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on training your people and try to give more of a work life balance

Good experience, good people. It's all good.

ProsAP is a fast growing company so there are changes that happen like new head of HR and team and new head of IT and team. Most client focus teams stay stable. I have been here for 3-plus years and have had opportunities and promotions and I manage some entry level analysts now. It has been challenging but rewarding. Like the people here. Work is individual performance but you are on a team. It is a good balance. Company has been getting alot of press lately so biz outlook is good.

ConsSome people plateau early and do not get on the fast track and get frustrated. There is a long, deep interview process but sometimes people who are the wrong fit still end of getting hired and then get frustrated when the job isn't for them. Co-workers are very social here so it stinks when a peer isn't keeping up with the pack and that can be frustrating for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome locations are crowded, some locations lightly populated. Try to hire or transfer staff to the locations with space.

Look deeper at the true nature of the company"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBest pool of talent I've ever worked with. Opportunity to develop skills quickly at an early stage in your career. Can be used as a stepping stone to better career opportunities.

ConsLook at the true cycle of this company. It's simply a plug and play model that will take relatively young workers out of college and plug them in to a system until they burn out and leave for a better fit at another company. Then, the next young college grad is plugged into the role and the cycle continues. Long hours, high pressure, negative impact on life outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. You have built a very successful company at the expense of your employees

Great Consultancy Firm

ProsCo-workers, flexibility, global exposure, opportunities and career progression

ConsNothing different from other companies in this industry

Had to relocate because of family circumstance, still miss the folks there

Analyst (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

Proswas very satisfying working with a team of bright people... company seems focused on right area of business because, IMO, science is the future of marketing.

ConsHR department had some staffers who were ineffectual and not up to par with the other professionals in the organization. I hear that HR has changed heads so that might not be the case now. The complexity of the work would get challenging sometimes but the team environment helped because you could troubleshoot things quickly by combining heads.

Advice to Senior Managementacquire some companies so you can grow quicker and open an office near me.

Worked for Analytic Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Analytic Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Analytic Partners CEO Nancy Smith. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Analytic Partners employees.