Analytic Partners Reviews

32 reviews filtered by
3.9
Analytic Partners President Nancy Smith
Nancy Smith

1. Great exposure to marketing analytics with many intelligent people working there

Current Employee - Consultant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

> good office culture, friendly and intelligent people working there
    > management seems to have solid plan and core values
    > compensation and promotions have been fair by me
    > management generally trusts employees - honor code sick days, you can find an empty office and make private calls when you need absolute privacy, treat you like an adult with use of technology and personal web surfing

Cons

> high pressure clients who are counting on you to make them look good to their bosses
    > long, multi-step interview process for new hires but they still hire a fair number of washouts
    > communication from your manager will depend on the people skills and interest level of your manager

Advice to Management

> pay attention to your managers, some of your managers aren't strong leaders or mentors

2. Learned a lot and worked with great people.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst

I worked at Analytic Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing, the firm is small you get a lot of responsibility and a chance to work on many types of projects.

Cons

There are politics that prevent people from receiving promotions when they should.

Great work environment, so-so work

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time

Pros

Great work environment, people are friendly and helpful. Great place for one to start off in Management Consulting and to get a foot in the door within Data Analytics. Training is quite good for new hires, especially for those who do not have a background in Statistics.

Cons

I can think of several several cons and I will try to list them out below -
    1. Recurring projects - you do the same thing over and over and over again if you are put into projects that belong to one of the big accounts that AP has
    2. Absolutely no learning after one iteration of a marketing mix project. The modeling is done on a proprietary software, and these skills are non-transferable.
    3. Your manager plays the most vital role in determining how good or bad your experience and contribution to projects are. My personal experience has not been great so far.
    4. Promotions seem to be done on a timed basis, and not based on merit.
    5. The workforce is generally on the thinner side, so you often find yourself buried under a pile of work, and working 60-70 hours a week for two to three weeks in a row. More importantly, this does not give a person at the Analyst, Senior Analyst or Consultant level the ability to move across projects (to gain exposure or to learn different techniques), or the ability to lend a hand to some of the more interesting projects that AP has taken up in the recent past.
    6. Compensation and benefits are lower than what competitors usually offer (I have done my homework and have reached out to ex-AP people before I chose to make this statement)

Advice to Management

1. The mid-year and full-year review processes are not comprehensive. It seems like the feedback provided by the employees is not really taken seriously, and little or nothing is done to acknowledge the feedback and work on it.
    2. The AP way of doing things is great, but there might be a better opportunity in doing things slightly differently.

Good Stepping Stone

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Analytic Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Analytic Partners is a great place to launch a career. They provide new hires with great training, client exposure and a fast paced environment in which to grow. For the most part everyone is very intelligent and motivated. Employees are on the younger side which lends itself to fun happy hours / social events.

You will learn very transferable skills and build a good network. For the most part everyone who left the firm, while I was there at least, moved on to significantly better paying jobs. Not only were people just able to move on, they could be picky as to which career path they pursued afterwards because of having a management consulting background. People generally transfer out into other marketing analytic firms, however some pursue different industries or additional education.

All in all I would definitely recommend Analytic Partners to someone who is interested in analytics, however I wouldn't recommend staying there for more than two years unless you get fast-tracked, or wish to work in a different country for some time.

Cons

>Promotions seem to be on a time schedule rather than based on merit.
    >Pay is low compared to other consulting firms.
    >Pay is low compared to other analytics / marketing firms once you have about a year of experience.
    >Work becomes monotonous, sometimes you will get placed on the same project that reoccurs year after year.
    >By converting to a different modeling platform they are reducing the skills that you develop.
    >Not really a con but you work a good amount compared to client side, I view this as a pro if you are just starting out.
    >Projects can be hit or miss in terms of skill development unless you make it clear what you want to learn.
    >Not as flexible as other consulting firms in terms of working remote

Advice to Management

More compensation sharing initiatives.

6. Good Company, Good Bunch of Colleagues/Talent

Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Analytic Partners full-time

Pros

Overall a very solid talent base, smart colleagues who are a intellectually stimulating bunch to work with. Definitely a few people in the company who are major league all-stars.

Client work is interesting and management is pretty supportive of doing creative/custom analytical work. From my experience, lots of opportunities right from "day one" --- entry-level analysts will typically get client exposure quickly New hires can develop skills quickly.

Compensation and benefits are solid --- I have no idea what the 6-April-2014 review is saying because there is a partial 401(k) match (with immediate vesting, a rarity these days!), bonuses and merit increases. Employee insurance contributions aren't ideal but they don't benchmark overly poorly vs. other companies (from what I've seen).

Culture is pretty laid-back and chill, there are not an abundance of office politics. Small enough company that top-tier management clearly knows how everyone's performing --- that's a good thing of course if you're a "rock star" but there's also no room for stragglers to hide. High performers have moved/rotated between offices, those opportunities do exist.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but a watch-out: the culture and workload expectations are different vs. elsewhere in the industry, such that experienced hires have often struggled to fit in and thus wash out. Not always, but often.

Progress has been made, but management isn't fully on-board with "flexible work arrangements." This wasn't a personal concern of mine, I was fine with things personally but other employees expected more here.

Advice to Management

Top-down transparency needs to be more of an priority, transparency became somewhat weaker over time in my experience. If it becomes an priority, get full buy-in from senior management on this initiative.

7. Amazing people, amazing company

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Progressive, forward-thinking company that offers a differentiated product in a burgeoning market

Cons

Can't really think of any cons to working here

8. Stay for a couple years if you're entry level and get out

I worked at Analytic Partners full-time

Pros

The work is interesting and you get great client exposure. Atmosphere is pretty laid back and politics are minimal. Company pays pretty well too.

Cons

Senior members will promise the world to clients and then dump everything off on low-level folks without discussions about reasonable timing expectations. Working until the wee hours of the night happens frequently due to not pushing back on unreasonable client demands. Very little transparency exists from the top down. "Important" people can behave like complete buffoons at social functions with impunity.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with your employees and they might not jump ship all the time.

young culture and smart colleagues

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I work on a big client so there is a lot of focus and I work on some fairly sophisticated analyses. There are opportunities to move within the organization. There are many activities for the employees to take part in. There is very little office politics. Methodologies are solid and I have seen clients benefit from the work.

Cons

Training can be more organized. I got a lot of one on one training with a more senior team members but I would have liked more formal initial training and less trial and error and re-doing work.

Pay is good but New York is crazy expensive to live in.

Advice to Management

None right now.

10. Good for resume, but not a place to be for more than 1-2 years

Former Employee - Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Analytic Partners full-time

Pros

Do work for P&G and other well-known companies. Marketing mix modeling is great to have on your resume and many people know who Analytic Partners is. Good rapport between coworkers -- happy hours were common and enjoyable, and people often went out and ate lunch together. Small enough that if you're a rock star you can stand out and get more responsibility although it depends on your manager because many have been promoted due to their technical skill with zero regard to the fact that they have poor people management skills so your manager may not know part of his/her job is to help you grow professionally

Cons

You're promised merit increases and a 20% bonus but don't get either (or a tiny fraction thereof). No tuition assistance or 401k match, and medical/dental/vision is so expensive ($200 per month for a single person) that many of us got medical elsewhere or went without. No other benefits. Oh sorry except a candy jar and fancy coffee maker in the kitchen. Only a handful of levels (analyst, sr analyst, consultant, sr consultant, director, sr director) so it can be years between pay increases. Work is cyclical and repetitive so it gets boring after a while yet people feel the need to reinvent the wheel every time vs. come up with innovative analyses. Some accounts were lost because the clients didn't see the value after the first couple of projects

Advice to Management

VPs were nice enough but CEO really needs to take a minute to think about taking care of her people instead of just focusing on getting more business. Have HR do more than hire and fire -- get people benefits

11. Overall good, some bad

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Analytic Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company offers opportunity to work with some reputable clients and big brands. Some great and committed people. Friendly work environment. Compensation is decent. Medical and dental are OK. Company has good reputation. Your Linked In mailbox is going to get hammered by recruiters when they see you have experience in this industry and company.

Cons

Clients are highly demanding and management doesn't reign in client expectations. This causes stress and crunch times as teams struggle to meet unreasonable customer demands. you learn fast but with the cost of stress coming from clients.

Benefits fine esp. if you're young and don't have medical issues but I can see how high co-pays would be tough on employees with lots of medical issues.

Advice to Management

None.

Analytic Partners Photos