Analytical Environmental Services

David Zweig

Great working environment

Former Employee - Project Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Analytical Environmental Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A fast-paced and rewarding job. David Zweig, company President, was a great mentor and genuinely cares about employees and clients. Office filled with dedicated and talented professionals and support staff. Event though it is a small company, AES is a leader in its field. Performance-based compensation system is very generous for those who excel at what they do.

Cons

Small company, so lacks some of the big-company corporate benefits. Also, nowhere to hide for those who just want to surf the internet. May never grow into a corporate conglomerate.

Stay focused on excellence.

Job Seekers Beware!

I worked at Analytical Environmental Services full-time

Pros

Opportunities to gain a diverse range of experiences.

Cons

Absolutely terrible workplace environment. The CEO (as previously mentioned) is a bully, and operates from a foundation of greed. The employees are extremely unhappy, mostly due to being unappreciated and treated like disposable, unworthy, morons by said CEO; this creates a very toxic environment, full of negativity and resentment. Every new employee that has the misfortune of crossing paths with AES immediately regrets accepting the position and seeks employment elsewhere. VERY high turnover rate.

Treat your employees like human beings.

Owner has questionable ethics, spies on employees, has tenancy to yell, bully, and make women cry at the office.

Former Employee - Environmental Analyst I in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Environmental Analyst I in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Analytical Environmental Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

high turnover, many opportunities to gain diverse range of experience (on tribal projects) expects employees to assume a very high level of responsibility. A good place to a variety of experience in the early stages of your career. It's easy to get a raise if you're in good with the clients and tell the owner you've received another job offer...works every time.

Cons

The owner/boss is an megalomaniac with questionable ethics. Every former (and current employee) has a horror story to share....like the time we were tasked to help a housing developer identify a suitable Tribe to purchase land just outside the city limits of Davis so that they could take the land in to Federal Trust, then develop it as housing to circumvent the agricultural buffer/no development zone agreements between the City of Davis and Yolo County!

i've also watched him make several female employees cry at work, heard him chewing out staff, allowed his son to load games on my work computer during weekends, and he monitors email traffic of all staff.

He "built" his business by stealing away all Tribal clients from ESA...(esa..aes...ew, couldn't he think of something a little less obvious?)

suck an egg

I have been with AES for many years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Analytical Environmental Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent company to work for if you are, 1) interested in environmental consulting; 2) motivated to learn; and 3) open to constructive criticism that will in return help you to grow and prosper in your field.

I am currently an employee of AES and would recommend this firm to anyone wanting to be a part of a great team.

Cons

I do not have any cons. I really enjoy being part of this team.

A good foot in the door, but not a place conducive to a career

I worked at Analytical Environmental Services

Pros

A good place to gain experience in most aspects of environmental consulting. They don't really have specialists, but rather generalists that are made to do work on everything

Cons

Very negative work environment. David Zweig was an awful boss. No positive encouragement by project managers. Very low salaries compare to other consulting firms. High turn over rate.

Great Place to work with advancement opportunities

Former Employee - Environmental Analyst II in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Environmental Analyst II in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Analytical Environmental Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Because the company is relatively small there is a high degree of flexibility. Plenty of work to keep you busy and opportunities to have a broad exposure to the industry. Generally company is quite considerate about giving vacation time and supporting the employees. Good work life balance. Good reputation within the Environmental consulting world.

Cons

None really. I am very pleased with my experience and my past employment at AES

A ton of experience with CEQA/NEPA, but the compensation is low.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Analytical Environmental Services

Pros

This is a relatively small company, which allows for the employees to get hands-on experience with a ton of different aspects of CEQA/NEPA document preparation and analysis.

Cons

Nearly no promotion from within. Almost no training is offered; you have to be able to hit the ground running and figure it out as you go. Relatively low compensation offered compared with the amount of work you are expected to take on. Extremely quiet office. Very rare that senior management acknowledges/compliments employees for work effort.

Let your employees know you care about them. Start complimenting them on their hard work.

Analytical Environmental Services Photos