Analytical Environmental Services

Updated August 15, 2014
Updated August 15, 2014

3.7

David Zweig

I have been with AES for many years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Excellent company to work for if you are, 1) interested in environmental consulting; 2) motivated to learn; and 3) open to constructive criticism that will in return help you to grow and prosper in your field.

I am currently an employee of AES and would recommend this firm to anyone wanting to be a part of a great team.

Cons

I do not have any cons. I really enjoy being part of this team.

A good foot in the door, but not a place conducive to a career

Pros

A good place to gain experience in most aspects of environmental consulting. They don't really have specialists, but rather generalists that are made to do work on everything

Cons

Very negative work environment. David Zweig was an awful boss. No positive encouragement by project managers. Very low salaries compare to other consulting firms. High turn over rate.

Great Place to work with advancement opportunities

Former Employee - Environmental Analyst II  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Environmental Analyst II in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Because the company is relatively small there is a high degree of flexibility. Plenty of work to keep you busy and opportunities to have a broad exposure to the industry. Generally company is quite considerate about giving vacation time and supporting the employees. Good work life balance. Good reputation within the Environmental consulting world.

Cons

None really. I am very pleased with my experience and my past employment at AES

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A ton of experience with CEQA/NEPA, but the compensation is low.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

This is a relatively small company, which allows for the employees to get hands-on experience with a ton of different aspects of CEQA/NEPA document preparation and analysis.

Cons

Nearly no promotion from within. Almost no training is offered; you have to be able to hit the ground running and figure it out as you go. Relatively low compensation offered compared with the amount of work you are expected to take on. Extremely quiet office. Very rare that senior management acknowledges/compliments employees for work effort.

Let your employees know you care about them. Start complimenting them on their hard work.

Worked for Analytical Environmental Services? Contribute to the Community!