Analytical Graphics

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul L. Graziani

Great Company - tough industry

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Analytical Graphics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFamily oriented, wonderful culture, decent pay. Management is flexible and approachable.
Good work/life balance. Exciting industry. Company perks top notch

ConsVery process oriented, even for sales. Engineering minded from the top down. Industry is highly affected by politics and government budgets or lack there of. Customer base is widespread and thus sales people must often share sales opportunities.

Used to be a great company

I have been working at Analytical Graphics full-time

ProsGreat work/life balance
Extremely flexible hours
Interesting customers
Tremendous perks (free food, gym, laundry)
97% of the company is very sharp and great to work with
By far the best aerospace company in Philly area

ConsPoor core benefits (below average salary, no 401k match, high healthcare costs)
Bonuses are unattainable
Business is struggling with no new products on the horizon
No opportunities for career advancement
Nepotism and cronyism abounds
Poor business strategy based mostly on hope
Very top heavy, recently laid off 20% of the company without letting go of a single manager

Advice to Senior ManagementReview
The heyday of AGI was the stuff of legend, unfortunately those days are long gone by. Recently AGI has struggled to adapt to the changing market conditions. STK is a powerful, but niche product and AGI has done a good job of saturating most of their potential customer base. AGI is reluctant to look towards new markets which is preventing any meaningful growth. Rather than creating new commercial products AGI has begun to focus on more contract work. Unless there is some true change AGI has more rough road ahead.

A great place to work...when the government is throwing money around

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Analytical Graphics full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAGI is a great place to work on really cool technology in the aerospace industry.

Unlike the larger companies, you can have a significant impact right out of college with plenty of opportunities to work on special projects and move around the company laterally.

Barring a few exceptions, the people are great to work with and will help you learn a lot about the software and aerospace industries.

ConsManagement is top heavy and hasn't really changed in 10 years despite poor performance. They are not receptive to new ideas and rely on hope as their strategy.

Pay is on the low side and bonuses are unattainable, but they manage to keep talent with free food and fun atmosphere (although that has changed over the last few years).

Visibility and activity are the keys to salary growth. It is a popularity contest and the cheerleaders come out on top every time.

The product is incredible, but in most cases not necessary which makes it difficult to sell when the government is not throwing money around.

Overall AGI is a good company that strives to do right by its customers. I am sure the tide will turn for them and all will be good. Until then, proceed with caution.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have smart employees who know the product and know the market. Listen to them. Follow the market not your ego.

AGI has great benefits and nice employees. It is not the place for someone seeking a structured corporate environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Analytical Graphics full-time

ProsGreat and varied benefits, friendly employees

ConsSome executives lack business acumen.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow time-tested business practices.

Great Place to Work

Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at Analytical Graphics full-time

ProsPresident is amazing guy, company is family oriented.

ConsProduct is saturated, sales declining, development has no new products in the pipe. Revenues flat / declining and will continue. Outlook for the company is uncertain.

Best Place I Have Ever Worked

Web/Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Malvern, PA

I worked at Analytical Graphics full-time for more than a year

ProsI can't speak for more recent years, but AGI was my first job out of college in 1997. It was like having a second family. Everyone was very professional and friendly, but we all worked extremely hard at the same time. The benefits were second to none and there was zero micro management. We were all on a first name basis and everyone knew what was expected of them. The compensation was reasonable and bonuses were usually generous. There was always free food, drinks, catered lunches, breakfasts; you name it.

ConsI wouldn't say it was a con, but late 1998 to early '99, things became a bit more political as the company was seeking to go public. There was a large push for overtime to make the numbers look better, but at the time no one was interested in a company that didn't have a .COM behind its name.

Great CEO but poor middle managers. Dishonest.

I have been working at Analytical Graphics

ProsGreat product. Wonderful Business Development, Sales, Development, Software Design and Engineering teams that are knowledgeable. Sincere CEO and President that believes and cares for employees.

ConsMiddle managment and VP in Engineering are short on honest people skills. While good at bringing in business, is poor at integrity based management skills. Many young start kids are put in middle management without skill set training. Attention to details like legal issues regarding marketing and some other departments are ignored due to unskilled staff. Many unprofessional engineers that joke about software on youtube and promotions have poor people skills and honest business practices. The constant joking makes the software not seem like a serious contender. The Service Engineering and Marketing departments are liability lawsuits just waiting to happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire or train your middle management staff. 25 year olds without solid backgrounds make poor managers. As they age, they still are not getting traiing, but their employee turnover is very frequent. Your good employees will quit every time. Paul needs to get a handle on this.

Sales / BD

Sales/BD (Former Employee)

I worked at Analytical Graphics

ProsOpenness of the management sharing information

ConsGrowth of company and market

Advice to Senior ManagementThey do not take advise .. but great place to work.

Worked for Analytical Graphics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Analytical Graphics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Analytical Graphics CEO Paul L. Graziani. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Analytical Graphics employees.