Analytics Quotient

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pritha Chodhuri

If you are new to the industry this is the place to be ....... (Analysts not sure about coders)

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros- flexible timelines and friendly culture
    - Out of box thinking really appreciated
    - originality and hard work well appreciated
    - Does not have micro managements concepts
    - compensation NOW has been changed to match good industry standards
    - Work if you are happy , quit if you dont wanna be here because you can learn a lot if u are interested

Cons- training not really good(lately improved ... but mine did nt happen)
    - Perform and ASK, they will promote if you did your job
    - Perks depend , it USED to have a lot of party culture but sobered quite a bit now(sadly)
    - Work gets a BIT monotonous after an year or more, by then you would have gained sufficient experience to find a new job if you want to
    - Unlike other companies since we work for multiple clients, the exposure to Business is good and its easier to earn a new job but if u cant manage u can have stunted growth

Advice to Senior ManagementI got a lot here -
    - Put teams together in such a way that people complement each other rather than clash.
    - The recent batch of newbees(other than domain level) dont really seem to be the kind you need at analytics - Please look at the people you are hiring - Need to seriously watch out here - you can always get the new guy be interviewed by all members of the team(a fine policy that would make)
    - You have an awesome offsite party tour , when people interact,let them form good bonds there and then build your team from there.(possible idea)
    - seriously need more founders to work with analysts - that's actually inspiring as well as good confidence building etc etc

ok

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

Prosgood mentors, good people,good work

Conslot of ambiguity, low salaries

Advice to Senior Managementneed good associates to work

Good Work life balance

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsCompany provides good work life balance. Flexible timings is a plus. No office politics. Very supportive colleagues. Good work ethics. Presence of TV provides cricket lovers to maintain work match balance.

ConsSalary is less than market standards. Always use same stuff with no innovation in technology. Not much scope for career growth within organization. It is analytic company and therefore there limitations for technical people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake salary as per market standards. Promote new stuff in technology.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great learning and fast growth

Junior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros- Great learning through new projects
    - Hard work is recognized and appreciated
    - Chance to work on large amounts of data
    - Friendly culture
    - Revised salary structure this year onwards reducing variable pay and increasing take home
    - Monthly parties are great fun

ConsCant really think of anything. Had a great experience from the start and minor issues are overcome with a very open culture

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the current culture even though number of employees is growing rapidly

Great Learning Opportunities. Bad Pay.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros1. Great work culture and freedom to the employees.
    2. Lot of learning opportunities especially for freshers as there is a variety of projects.
    3. Flexible work timings and leave policy.
    4. Work life balance is great as there is no hard and fast rule of 9-5. You just got to give your deliverable on time and no one will question you. Though, if there is work one will have to work longer if required.
    5. They also have a party every month end which is a nice break from the everyday work.

Cons1. Salary is not at par with industry.
    2. Sometimes a person may get stuck in the same kind of work for a long time.
    3. Career growth may be slow even if the employee is a top performer.

Advice to Senior Management1. Make the salary at par with the industry.
    2. You are not a start-up anymore, so stop calling yourself that.
    3. Consider your employees' career growth in mind.
    4. Don't lose the points mentioned in the Pros section.

Good work-life balance!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros-Work culture
    -Variety of projects
    -Flexible timings & leave policy

Cons-Pay on the lower side
    -Scope of growth internally very limited

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Good work and great culture

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros- Analytics is a growing area and this company is doing well
    - Very open culture
    - Flexible work timings
    - Some of the biggest companies in the world as clients
    - Very friendly colleagues

ConsCant think of anything since positives are far more than negatives. At times work get hectic but that's something not very uncommon wherever I've worked earlier.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Very Bad work Culture

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsSome good team mates. All of them equally frustrated working here.

ConsTech management is bad. Mostly people who have no technology idea lead technology. They give timelines to client and then we suffer meeting those deadlines. Getting blamed for errors and stability of the system. No body cares because of whom it happened.

Only software engineers are blamed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some knowledgeable tech management not politicians.

Analytics Quotient - A work place where there is a life beyond Data, Deck, Deliverables and Deadlines

Lead Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsIf you really want to know about Analytics Quotient (AQ), just do one thing. Spend a day in the office. You will be surprised to see that a work place can be so vibrant, cool and relaxed. Forget about the people, even the walls of AQ are so lively. You get the feeling as if they are speaking to you. I am working in Analytics Quotient since last 4 years and since then there was not a single dull moment in the life of We The AQbians. From 20+ people in a small building to 300+ people in the posh tech park, the journey has been awesome to say the least.

What I like about this company is that there is no VIP culture. If I were to ask a stranger to find the CEO or one of the founder members, I can bet, he will not be able to do so. Intuitively he will try to find them in some cabin. He will be in for a surprise to find them sitting with the employees. They are so down to earth. Their presence does not intimidate you. They are easily approachable. Nobody looks at them with awe and reverence. This is true of all the seniors.

This relaxed atmosphere helps the employee to unleash their maximum potential. It is not surprising that almost weekly one gets to hear about client’s delight. And every client’s delight is followed up with a celebration. It’s our birthright.

Apart from doing the core job i.e analyzing the information, you will find the AQbians involved in one or the other activities. For instance, in one of the rooms the employees can be found discussing about the monthly ice breaking event for the new joinees or planning for some upcoming festivals. In another room you will find AQ’s music band preparing for an important event like AQ’s anniversary or Christmas. Yet in another room you will find a AQbian
    sharing his/her knowledge with the fellow AQbians. All the new joinees have to undergo month long training sessions before they start working on their projects. We call it AQ University.

In an analytic company where you expect people to deal with numbers, you will be surprised to find a marketing department where someone is making a movie or documentary on solutions which AQ can offer to its current and prospective clients, while some people are seen giving final touches to the AQ website or AQ’s newsletter. This department makes sure that the data/findings do not look dull. They use some awesome infographics which has earned client’s delight on numerous occasions.

At least on two occasions the company found that a particular employee is more right brain oriented than the left brain. Quickly decision was taken to give them opportunity to work in the department which requires usage of right brain. If they find that a particular employee loves imparting knowledge they gave him responsibility of a mentor. This is the practical application of C K Prahlad’s Core Competence theory.

If this is true of what AQbians do on weekdays. On weekends you will find AQbians going on a vacation or playing cricket. They have a full fledged cricket team and are ready for a major Corporate Cricket Tournament.

Of course while doing all these; we do not lose our focus of providing actionable insights to our clients which can help them taking business decisions. I am personally involved in diverse projects and getting to learn new things each day.

Four years back I boarded this bus called AQ. Not a single time I felt like getting down from this bus. God willing I would like to end my professional journey in this bus. But in case if I am not able to do so, it will remain an important chapter in the history of my professional journey. Even the worst critics of AQ will agree with me on this.

ConsIt’s been 5 years since AQ began its journey and now AQ is honestly concentrating on putting a strong, workable and robust system in place. I would like to give them a year before pin pointing flaws. After the 6th year I will be the first person to raise the flaws on this forum.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue providing the same free, fair and relaxed environment that currently exists. Remember you are blessed with some exceptionally talented people; your responsibility therefore is huge. See to it that each one of them realize their maximum potential. Provide them your insights, experience and all the support they require. If you have done so in last 5 years I don't see any reason why you can't do it as we grow.

Great place to work!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsLots of flexibility at work
    Transparent workplace and a very open work culture
    Many onsite opportunities if you put in some hard work and dedication
    The 'fun at work' mantra is always

ConsThere can be a few late nights and long work hours closer to client delivery dates
    The salary could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep rocking!

Worked for Analytics Quotient? Contribute to the Community!