Anaplan

Frederic Laluyaux

Excited Passionate People & Working With Great Leaders

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Product, Culture, People, Pace of Work, and Location

Cons

On-Boarding (work in progress) and Commuter Perks

Continue to lead with the same drive and energy that got us here. Office Perks (Free Lunch, Commuter Plan)

Anaplan Response

May 27, 2014Sr. Recruiter

We are working on the on-boarding! Thanks for the feedback.

Don't Believe any positive reviews from this place

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

Pros

They have great people working here but most are so used to being micro managed by Executive Mgmt they don't even notice. Every employee was told they had to post a positive review for the CEO so he could be in the running for TOP CEO's on Glassdoor.
    They have a great product and the development team under the founder is awesome.

Cons

Only work here if you LOVE to be either micro-managed from the top or you like working for weak middle managers who just follow along like everyone else.

Michael Gould should step up and take back his company. He is their only hope!

Great product, leadership and career growth for Customer Success Team needs improvement.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Exceptional product capability, in the right hands unbeatable in the market place.

Cons

Lack of recognition, career path opportunities or incentive programs for the solution architects and model builders who are really the most qualified individuals to fill leadership positions and ensure the future success and growth of the customer success team.

Management positions have been filled by individuals who have not learned how to use the product or developed the understanding of how and why an Anaplan engagement is different then an SAP engagement or any other SaaS engagement. Leadership skills and communication have had more than enough time to develop but remain non existent, moral is at an all time low as a result.

Evaluate the performance and leadership skills of management and the value they have added to the organization recently.

Marketing and Sales focus will only take you so far, remember that the product has the potential to sell itself, but you need the best planning minds to configure it (and always will)

Disrupt the model that says client services are the least important and rewarded roles, and recognize the data which is already there that says the quality of the services are the straw that stirs the drink.

Build a fluid and dynamic product focused team grown from within, and you will create a great culture to match a great product.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid company

Pros

strong management, cutting edge product

Cons

need to expand to Latin America

keep expanding.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

Pros

• Anaplan is an amazing product (really, it is) and career-wise, it is a good time to hop on board.
    • For the most part, there is a great energy in the office.
    • The SF office is very cool and startup-y with tons of snacks, occasional catered meals, awesome office space, etc.

Cons

• Why are 90% of the people here upper level management? It's like a big boys' club of former SAP execs whereas they don't hire enough of the actual doers. Which brings me to…
    • Mid- and entry- level staff aren't compensated adequately for the amount of hours they are expected to work. Raises are minimal and "promised" bonuses aren't delivered. There also aren't a lot of other opportunities outside the job description.
    • VERY odd team and company dynamic. For all the declarations that "we're completely transparent!" a lot of backhanded things seem to happen that aren't in the employees' best interests.
    • And oh yeah, HR solicited (putting it mildly) all these glowing employee reviews – so when something seems to good to be true, it usually is too good to be true…

I get it, you're trying (and will likely succeed) to become a billion dollar company. Don't do that at the expense of your employees though. Pay more time fostering talent and less time worshiping Fred.

What a mess

Pros

great product and was once a great company to work for.

Cons

Management has 1 goal and that is to IPO. Anyone is disposable and there is no thought to anything else. The busy work for sales is more than I have ever seen. The arrogance of upper management is unreal. Most of the reviews were all a result of management asking employees to do so. The worst was the email asking for employees to give the CEO high ratings.

Best team I have worked with in my career so far, best potential as a company as well

Pros

High energy that we have working here. People working here really love the product, and everyone I'm working with is pushing in the same direction. No political games yet (crossing my fingers) and true potential to grow your area of responsibilities.

Cons

As we grow, there is less exposure to the core of the exec team from which we got all that energy

share, understand our challenges, coach

Yes, the reviews are 100% TRUE! This company is AMAZING!!

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The product is amazing. We are replacing comps everyday. HP, Box, Salesforce use us. The new office is off the charts. the CEO is amazing. The entire management is amazing. All ex SAP, Oracle, etc execs who have been there done that. Great resources unlike many startups with inexperienced teams. We are on fire in terms of growth. 12 offices WW.

Cons

I truly can't think of anything...

keep up the great work!!!

Accelerated growth with a plethora of opportunities

Current Employee - Product Support
    Current Employee - Product Support

Pros

-Intelligent, helpful, nice people to work with
    -Diligent management that seeks continuous improvement
    -Understanding and personable managers
    -An attacking business plan that is not sacrificial in its requirements
    -Exciting! Exposure to global array of companies

Cons

-Insufficient structure. This is compensated for with very helpful co-workers.
    -Bottlenecks. Since Anaplan is growing very quickly, projects can be held up due to lack of diffusion of responsibility, which isn't entirely the fault of the company. It's hard to have senior leaders when there are so many people being on-boarded so rapidly.

Take pains to develop structure now (this is not the same as making it bureaucratic), so that greater, costlier problems do not arise in the future.

Great Office Space and Work Culture!

Pros

We're growing fast here at Anaplan! Everyone who works in the office is motivated and happy to help out for the good of the company. Our new SF office is a fantastic workspace. The C-staff has a big plan for growth and there is a lot of energy around Anaplan's future.

Cons

Training is unstructured for new hires. There tend to be a lot more meetings than I've experienced in my previous jobs.

Keep it up! Focus on the new-hire training especially since we are hiring so many people now.

Anaplan Response

May 27, 2014Sr. Recruiter

We are working on the new hire training - thank you!

Worked for Anaplan? Contribute to the Community!