Anaplan

Excited Passionate People & Working With Great Leaders

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsProduct, Culture, People, Pace of Work, and Location

ConsOn-Boarding (work in progress) and Commuter Perks

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to lead with the same drive and energy that got us here. Office Perks (Free Lunch, Commuter Plan)

Anaplan Response

May 27, 2014Sr. Recruiter

We are working on the on-boarding! Thanks for the feedback.

Great product, leadership and career growth for Customer Success Team needs improvement.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsExceptional product capability, in the right hands unbeatable in the market place.

ConsLack of recognition, career path opportunities or incentive programs for the solution architects and model builders who are really the most qualified individuals to fill leadership positions and ensure the future success and growth of the customer success team.

Management positions have been filled by individuals who have not learned how to use the product or developed the understanding of how and why an Anaplan engagement is different then an SAP engagement or any other SaaS engagement. Leadership skills and communication have had more than enough time to develop but remain non existent, moral is at an all time low as a result.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate the performance and leadership skills of management and the value they have added to the organization recently.

Marketing and Sales focus will only take you so far, remember that the product has the potential to sell itself, but you need the best planning minds to configure it (and always will)

Disrupt the model that says client services are the least important and rewarded roles, and recognize the data which is already there that says the quality of the services are the straw that stirs the drink.

Build a fluid and dynamic product focused team grown from within, and you will create a great culture to match a great product.

Anonymous (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros• Anaplan is an amazing product (really, it is) and career-wise, it is a good time to hop on board.
    • For the most part, there is a great energy in the office.
    • The SF office is very cool and startup-y with tons of snacks, occasional catered meals, awesome office space, etc.

Cons• Why are 90% of the people here upper level management? It's like a big boys' club of former SAP execs whereas they don't hire enough of the actual doers. Which brings me to…
    • Mid- and entry- level staff aren't compensated adequately for the amount of hours they are expected to work. Raises are minimal and "promised" bonuses aren't delivered. There also aren't a lot of other opportunities outside the job description.
    • VERY odd team and company dynamic. For all the declarations that "we're completely transparent!" a lot of backhanded things seem to happen that aren't in the employees' best interests.
    • And oh yeah, HR solicited (putting it mildly) all these glowing employee reviews – so when something seems to good to be true, it usually is too good to be true…

Advice to Senior ManagementI get it, you're trying (and will likely succeed) to become a billion dollar company. Don't do that at the expense of your employees though. Pay more time fostering talent and less time worshiping Fred.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What a mess

Prosgreat product and was once a great company to work for.

ConsManagement has 1 goal and that is to IPO. Anyone is disposable and there is no thought to anything else. The busy work for sales is more than I have ever seen. The arrogance of upper management is unreal. Most of the reviews were all a result of management asking employees to do so. The worst was the email asking for employees to give the CEO high ratings.

Great company culture and growth potential

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe application developed at Anaplan is cutting edge and the software team is using the best tools. Working with Tech Ops is a pleasure and that can be unusual. The executive team is very motivated and realizes the importance of keeping the engineering team happy.

ConsSince the move to the new building, there is not much negative to say.

Solid company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosstrong management, cutting edge product

Consneed to expand to Latin America

Advice to Senior Managementkeep expanding.

Best team I have worked with in my career so far, best potential as a company as well

ProsHigh energy that we have working here. People working here really love the product, and everyone I'm working with is pushing in the same direction. No political games yet (crossing my fingers) and true potential to grow your area of responsibilities.

ConsAs we grow, there is less exposure to the core of the exec team from which we got all that energy

Advice to Senior Managementshare, understand our challenges, coach

Accelerated growth with a plethora of opportunities

Product Support (Current Employee)

Pros-Intelligent, helpful, nice people to work with
    -Diligent management that seeks continuous improvement
    -Understanding and personable managers
    -An attacking business plan that is not sacrificial in its requirements
    -Exciting! Exposure to global array of companies

Cons-Insufficient structure. This is compensated for with very helpful co-workers.
    -Bottlenecks. Since Anaplan is growing very quickly, projects can be held up due to lack of diffusion of responsibility, which isn't entirely the fault of the company. It's hard to have senior leaders when there are so many people being on-boarded so rapidly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake pains to develop structure now (this is not the same as making it bureaucratic), so that greater, costlier problems do not arise in the future.

Great Office Space and Work Culture!

ProsWe're growing fast here at Anaplan! Everyone who works in the office is motivated and happy to help out for the good of the company. Our new SF office is a fantastic workspace. The C-staff has a big plan for growth and there is a lot of energy around Anaplan's future.

ConsTraining is unstructured for new hires. There tend to be a lot more meetings than I've experienced in my previous jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! Focus on the new-hire training especially since we are hiring so many people now.

Anaplan Response

May 27, 2014Sr. Recruiter

We are working on the new hire training - thank you!

Great Company!

Pros-Amazing software product allowing for flexible implementation and meeting customer demand
    -Great work/life balance
    -Driven and experienced leadership team
    -Huge growth potential for employees and the company overall
    -Great people to work with

Cons-New hire training isn't as structured as other companies
    -Currently, not as much structure for career path/role duties

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and continue to provide structure around new-hire training and on-boarding of employees.

Worked for Anaplan? Contribute to the Community!