Anchor BanCorp

Anchor BanCorp Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chris M. Bauer

Great experience, learned a lot, worked with great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsCompany cares about their employees and their experience at the job.

ConsNot all departments are friendly and helpful to each other as they should.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has to think about cutting some bureaucracy and empowering their employees to make effective decisions.

Can this bank regain it's former greatness in customer service to it's customers and community?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe employees of the retail branches are great.

ConsCompany management lacks focus and know how for proposed future plans to make the bank competitive again. They are missing key personnel in which to make the necessary changes.

A lot of empty promises, but learned a lot about banking

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsGreat people, a lot of the tellers had worked there for over 10 years. I learned a lot about the banking and financial world, as well as dealing with conflict

ConsVery unstable company, lots of layoffs

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging but stimulating, and improving.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsCare about customers, wonderful people, very loyal. New leadership changing things for the better.
    Customer focused employees are valued.

ConsFinancial condition has precluded doing some things, but 401k, merit increases, and bonuses have now been reinstated. Worried about each new newspaper article, even though we are told it is coming.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up what you have been doing to focuss on customers, and employee input. The new "Beliefs That Anchor Us"has been motivating. I like the new sales culture, and training!

Need to be accountable

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsNice environment with counter height chairs, easy to see outside, good security.

ConsSupervisors are not held accountable for their behavior. Branches are spread out across state so and district managers spread thin.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch branches more closely. Lower level employees don't feel they are listened to.

Only the least intelligent and deserving merit promotion

Collections Assistant (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsDowntown location, great food and happy hour selections. Business casual attire, allow tattoos, piercings and alternative hair colors. Pretty steady hours.

ConsManagement does not know basic policies, are very unprofessional and seem to be the least educated individuals. Intelligent workers are kept at entry level positions while their bosses take credit for their work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire new management.

Good, for the most part.

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsAt Anchor Bank, there are many loyal customers and regulars that you get to know. They focus on treating the customer well and fairly.

ConsAnchor Bank's financial situation has been rocky the past few years. High turnover at most branches. Steadily declining positions available. Many changes occurring very quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest creating a better benefits package. They one they have is okay, but other places of employment definitely have better options and matching for their 401 (k) (which is currently not being done right now at Anchor Bank.)

It was the best place i ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsI loved working for the company I would have stayed with them forever if I could

ConsThe unknown of if the bank was going to fail or not

Definite benefits but huge drawbacks

ProsThere are a lot of really great people that work here and some are willing to help out.

ConsThe pay is horrible for lower level jobs which leaves us with angry, unmotivated people in a lot of those positions.

Just ok

ProsGood pay, ok incentive, friendly customers

ConsIf you want to advance your career, you have to move between the branches

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the supervisor, asst. supervisor duties!

Worked for Anchor BanCorp? Contribute to the Community!