Anchor Hocking

Add Photos

Mark R. Eichhorn

Very challenging environment

I have been working at Anchor Hocking full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCan make a difference daily to improve quality and performance of glassware. You can do almost anything here with minimal supervision.

ConsToo many non value people making decisions that impact only them and not thinking of the bottom line of the company. There isn't a concrete hierarchy of decision making here. I take direction from too many different people.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild infrastructure within the operations area through training and succession planning. Employees do not have any chance for advancement in the company. If you get hired into a position, you are essentially there until you either quit or find another job outside of the company.

Watching the place spiral down into total obsolescence.

Machine Operator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Anchor Hocking full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBest pay in the area.

ConsBosses who know nothing about the departments they are in charge of. Cronyism, worst absentee policy i have ever heard of. Lack of communication between labor and management. Antiquated equipment. Lack of proper maintenance on machinery.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry working with people instead of firing or disqualifying people. Listen to the people who have been running the machines for decades instead of going with whatever you think will work.

Was a great company until it was taken over by a PE firm. A shamble of what it was. People are bailing out.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Anchor Hocking full-time for more than 8 years

ProsUsed to be good, now they don't care about associates

ConsDictatorial Management, no communications, no regard for achievements.

Truth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Anchor Hocking

ProsUnion shop but very weak union

ConsExtremely poor Management team, and the Holding Company that owns the company will not put any money back into the company

Not your average 24/7 manufacturing facility

I have been working at Anchor Hocking

ProsThe work is steady and not overly demanding.
Hot end work is decent pay and a very good department to work in. The hot end apprenticeship is a decent program and teaches you a lot.

ConsThere is no communication. Management is constantly stabbing each other in the back. QC has 4 salary managers on daylight to oversee 3 to 4 employees and all managers have different answers to your questions which leads to being reprimanded 3 times for listening to one. The finishing department scheduling play favorites and bumps you from crew to crew making your weekends off few and far between. Quite a few managers are verbally and mentally abusive as well as physically at times. You will constantly get forced over 4 to 8 hours depending on your department due to a lack of staffing. Most aspects of basic OSHA safety are not known by management nor are they followed within the plant. Departments are run with shoestring budgets resulting in faulty equipment and safety issues. Shipping department is decent to work in although cold in the winter. Promises a drug free work environment but it is far from that. Bottom line: if you have a life or are close to your family this is not the place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCrack down on the drug use during work hours.
Improve communication between managers and management and hourly employees. Trim the fat in management and do away with the favoritism. Work with the employees to make it a happier place to work and the employees would care more about their jobs which would result in higher output and a higher quality product.

nice envorment to work at

I have been working at Anchor Hocking

Proseasy going and still ablr to get the job done with very little problems

Consalot of dust from the tow motors

good and bad as with anything and everyone

Selector/Packer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Anchor Hocking

Prosmoney, insurance, i like being around people with different personalities

Consfavoritism is my utmost concern..all employees are not treated the same in the same set of circumstances

Advice to Senior Managementeveryone makes honest mistakes, these need to be considered when discipline is administered

A place that cares more about their profit than any single employee.

Monaca, PA

I have been working at Anchor Hocking

ProsThere is only one pro about working for Anchor Hocking, based in Monaca, Pa. That pro would be that you can actually make some money there but that is because they will work you 80 hours a week without caring.

ConsYou are worked like a horse, and if hurt.. they do not care at all. They care nothing if you have a personal life, it's all company or nothing. There is nothing outside Anchor Hocking. Plain and simple.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more people friendly. Deal with people rather than dealing with trying to get your bonuses by making people work so hard that they become injured.

Lousy working conditions

Machine Operator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Anchor Hocking

ProsHighest pay in the area, located close to the highway and the local Mall (River Valley Mall). Close to West School.

ConsVery outdated and broken down machinery, some literally being held together with rubber bands and bailing wire. Floors are broken up, tanks all need replaced, bad lighting. Horrible attendance policy. No communication from most of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to communicate with the work force and LISTEN to them. Invest some money into the plant for new equipment and repairs.

very different from other jobs.

Selector/Packer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Anchor Hocking

Proswe make a good pay. plus ben.

Conswe have to work alot of ot

Worked for Anchor Hocking? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Anchor Hocking reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Anchor Hocking CEO Mark R. Eichhorn. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Anchor Hocking employees.