Andersen Windows

Andersen Windows President & CEO Jay Lund

Jay Lund

Great Company

Marketing (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsGreat workplace and the leader in windows. Offer a lot of leadership training. They offer good vacation packages.

ConsLong work hours. Wouldn't recommend if you enjoy your weekends. They should also offer more perks for employees to stay.

Working at Andersen Windows

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Bayport, MN

ProsLarge enough to have plenty of opportunities. Small enough to know executives

ConsWindow and Door industry behind the times. The way of doing business does not match that of the large companies of today

Advice to Senior ManagementBenchmark outside our industry to pull away from competition in customer experience.

Excellent company with reputation for producing high quality windows and doors

Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBest in class company respected by the industry as a leader in product innovation
    Offers training and advancement nationwide.

ConsCyclical business affected by the ups and downs of the building industry. Seasonality also a factor
    Mortgage crisis greatly impeded growth for an extended period, fives years.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your people and provide opportunities for growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people

ProsPay was decent, hours not excessive, good people.

ConsTiered management structure, business fluctuates with market.

Most often a good place to work.

ProsEnvironmentally conscience, great community supporter, tries to do the right thing for employees. An excellent product with a great reputation.

ConsLittle opportunity for advancement, no assistance in career planning, supervisors that bully get away with it, and promises when hired have not been fulfilled. I think some of the core company values have gone by the wayside in favor of the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to all employees and work to take action when problems at a supervisory level. Assist employees that are working on their career to advance them to new opportunities. Realize that employees are your biggest asset. Be careful of using only market rate for compensation guidelines, as the job market is opening up other employers are offering better pay.

Great Company

Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) Bayport, MN

ProsImpressive overall Leadership and Values

ConsLimited Career Growth and opportunities for development

Good solid company to start a career in the building materials industry

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsReimbursement for continuing education was a positive

ConsWeak middle management with with a lack of focus and vision

Great experience

Engineer I (Current Employee) Bayport, MN

ProsMany opportunities for advancement.
    Good management feedback and easy to work with.
    Friendly, helpful, hard-working, work environment.
    Accommodating hours and good work-life balance.

ConsMany responsibilities in lean times that sometimes lead to confusion of prioritization.
    Sometimes communication between work-groups is difficult in large companies.
    Financial standing not widely available because of private company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on team building as a whole company to strengthen unity between production and management employees.

Temporary Summer Assembly

Temporary Production Associate (Former Employee) Bayport, MN

ProsI was home from college for the summer and was searching for employment from May to August when I needed to return to school. I had some other options but chose Andersen because of the pay, which I thought was very reasonable for the work I was doing. I was fortunate to be able to work 40 or more hours a week and was able to take some time off for visting friends out of town with notice. My co-workers were friendly and respectful. Most of them were permanent full-timers. My partner and I met our quota and were never scolded by our supervisor. The company is very safety oriented and we were given all of the proper tools and PPE required, other than shoes, to be able to perform our jobs safely. I left on good terms and was to be considered for re-hire in following years.
    The company is very involved in the community and has a rich history.

ConsThe work was very repetitive, though that was expected. It was sometimes very hot, although we would be allowed extra breaks for water and a few extra minutes at lunch. The amount of work depends on the market. Windows are made as ordered so sometimes there was little work and people may be sent home early or asked not to come in.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was happy with the opportunity to work at Andersen. The job was what I expected and the pay what I needed.

Not sure what to title this...

ProsSome flexiblity. Pays for school.

ConsSupposed to be flexible until they listen to another employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf it wasn't a problem in the past don't make it a problem now.

Worked for Andersen Windows? Contribute to the Community!