Anderson Merchandisers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anderson Merchandisers CEO Charlie Anderson

Charlie Anderson

Pros:
  • "Working with music and movies and getting free movies every now and then"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Allowance of independent work basically no managers watching over your shoulder"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Hours cut but yet still same amount of work expected to be accomplished"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Unrealistic work expectations- full time responsibilities in a part-time environment"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

This company was a great company to work for at one time, but now it is A LOT of extra work and making A LOT less money.

Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOnce established, hours are flexible as long as the job is complete and 40 hours are logged. Off all weekends except November and December which is only 4hrs on either Saturday or Sunday.

ConsDon't expect to spend too much time with your family during the holidays. Being hourly plus commissioned sounds great but when you have to work OT your pay can be as low as minimum wage. This is based on the fact that OT should equal higher sales but there is no trying to increase commission sales because we are always working on other projects in different areas of the store. No raises in base pay in 5 years but the work load has quadrupled. Anderson Reps are now basically glorified Wal-Mart associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure pay! Understanding that the company is now an audit and fix it company, why not drop the paltry commissions and pay us for what we are doing. Quit taking on projects that pad the company's coffers and telling us what a great job we are doing but not show it on our paycheck. I promise you, leaving a voice-mail telling us this new great and wonderful project will lead to more business is NOT a motivational factor. Why get more business when my paycheck is dropping every 2 weeks and I have to work all the more harder?

miserable

Retail Media Specialist - RMS (Former Employee)

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time for more than 3 years

Prosreceived free movies occasionally from studios

Consnot enough time to complete projects

Too much stress, not enough time

Territory Sales Lead (Former Employee)

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time for less than a year

ProsI worked full-time for a high volume store, so the commission was great, and the economy pay was good as well. I worked in a Wal-Mart, and met a lot of associates that made the job more bearable. The people that trained me were amazing individuals. Monday-Friday, weekends off.

ConsThe pay without commission would be horrible. They want you to complete 10-30 activities a day, which is insane. With the addition of more client services, it's ridiculous to think someone can get everything done without going overtime. The communication from the DM was terrible, we were usually only able to reach her after work hours, or after our conference calls; and we were left to fend for ourselves. Working in a Wal-Mart is unbearable because the store management think that you work for them, and treat you like an associate. They watch all of your moves, and expect miracles, even though their associates don't actually do any work at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not fair that the store managers get to have a say in your employment. Sometimes their views are biased. An Anderson associate shouldn't be terminated from the company, instead they should be relocated unless they are not doing their job properly.

iTunes Merchandiser

Itunes Brand Advocate (Former Employee)

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time

ProsFT, guaranteed 40 hours monday through friday work and great pay.... for the iTunes project that is... When we first started, almost all the "other" anderson reps, the guys NOT on the iTunes project, were astonished at how much we were getting paid. It got so bad that upper management instructed us to NOT disclose pay information nor to even communicate with the other reps. So in short, the iTunes project is amazing.

ConsLike I said earlier, most of the reps I spoke with were unsatisfied with their pay and hourly work. Especially most of them were bound to only one walmart, as for me I was to service almost any tech retailer. My DM was also very rude... he would call all the time and scold me on small issues... even problems that weren't mine.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

The work is what you make of it

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time for less than a year

ProsFlexible hours, you work completely independent

ConsYou are left to work completely independent, this can be a hard thing sometimes

Worked full time with no benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time for more than a year

ProsFun position, enjoyed Best Buy

ConsWorked multiple stores 40 hours a week and DM would not hire in Chicago suburbs. Low pay and no benefits.

Worst company I have ever worked for.

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
Riverside, CA

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time

ProsSometimes the studios send us movies.

ConsDistrict manager is a gossiping liar. Promises everyone 20 hrs a week but you're lucky to get 12. Unless it's the Xmas season then they'll work you to death. You are under pressure to get everything done quickly. Basically do the work of 3 people in 4 hours. Then take surveys which you're privately encouraged to lie on or fake. I can't say enough bad things about this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe higher level management needs to take a look at their district managers.

DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!!!

Retail Media Specialist - RMS (Former Employee)
Holmdel, NJ

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time for more than a year

ProsThere arent any at all. The company has nothing at all to offer

ConsThey don't treat people with RESPECT. They are also 2faced

Advice to Senior ManagementHire Intelligent people

No training, no hours, poor communication from supervisors, insufficient mileage reimbursement, no clear direction.

Best Buy Team (Former Employee)
Middlesex, NJ

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time for less than a year

ProsWith my 30 plus years experience, from a Managerial, Sales and Merchandising vantage point, Anderson Merchandisers stands alone in being the most unethical, unfair, and unprofessional corporation. Sorry, I have no "pros" about this company

ConsIn addition to the above, the hourly pay does not match the amount of work that is expected of a part-time employee with the hours in a day they are given. For example, you are scheduled for 5 hours in a Best Buy store (7:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon). You have entirely too many projects that must be completed within that time frame. It appalls me to know that the company, Anderson, is being compensated very well for these projects, and have the audacity to demand their employees complete these tasks in five hours, when it's a 10 hour job!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart looking for another job!!!!! This Texas based company has no idea what it is like to work in the New York metro area. Hourly wage should be more competitive, compensation for an employee who has to cover another store outside their territory, at times, adding another 60-80 miles to their daily commute, MUST BE COMPENSATED FROM THE TIME THEY LEAVE THEIR HOUSE TO THAT CALL, AND THE TIME IT TAKES TO GET HOME FROM THAT CALL. THE ONLY WAY TO BE FAIR ABOUT THIS IS TO PAY THEM BASED ON HOW LONG IT TOOK THEM TO GET TO THE STORE. IF THEIR NORMAL STORE TAKES THEM 15 MINUTES TO GET TO AND THE OUT-OF-TERRITORY STORE TAKES THEM 2 HOURS TO GET TO, THEN THEY MUST BE PAID AN EXTRA HOUR/45 MIN. IN THE BEGINNING AND END OF DAY. THIS WOULD BE AN EXTRA THREE HOURS & THIRTY MINUTES FOR THAT DAY'S WORK!!!

Had a good experience with Best Buy Associates and customers, but job was overwhelming at times.

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers for more than a year

ProsFree movies on an annual basis

ConsFrom the very beginning we only worked for Best Buy, but after about 6 months to a year we started to do more projects for other vendors which was overwhelming because it barely left enough time to take care of normal day to day task. Even though Best Buy had a project team I felt as if Anderson associates are cheap labor for projects that the project team could and should have done, To top it all off I was given a $.17 increase after working there for 1 1/2 years. After the holidays hours are decreased and often you don't have enough time to complete projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to pay your employees.

Worked for Anderson Merchandisers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Anderson Merchandisers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Anderson Merchandisers CEO Charlie Anderson. All 133 reviews posted anonymously by Anderson Merchandisers employees.