Anderson Merchandisers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anderson Merchandisers CEO Charlie Anderson

Charlie Anderson

Pros:
  • "Working with music and movies and getting free movies every now and then"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Flexible hours made this job perfect for me both while I was in school and after graduation"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "A silly amount of work to do in a 4 hour day"
    in 7 reviews
  • "I suppose this might be mostly because the full time girl wouldn't help me locate the items using her scanner"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Trapped and depressed

Retail (Current Employee)
    Lacrosse, WA

ProsNone, unless working 24/7 is your thing

ConsOppressive workload week after week after week--if you're sick or on vacation, you still have to get your surveys done, which could take up to 4-5 hours off your vacation time. Home office is in denial about sick/vac coverage in the sales field or DOESN'T GIVE A #, other than to collect $$ from clients.
    Repeated emergencies, schedule changes, inconsistent due dates wreak havoc with smooth conduct of business and completion of weekly workload.
    After years and years of employing part-timers, no training package is available for full-timers to present consistent information to new employees. My new part-timer wasn't told she was expected to work on Thanksgiving day when hired.
    We are ALL overworked, underpaid, and underemployed (that means, smarter and/or more educated than necessary to perform the duties of our positions, which many companies would realize is a GOOD thing and would take advantage of).

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out your CALCULATORS!!!! If you make me go to all my stores on Tuesday, that only leaves 4 remaining workdays to complete the oppressive workload you hand me every week. No full-time rep should have more than 4 stores in his/her territory. AND: 10 hour projects times 4 stores means 40 hours of additional work, on top of the regular tasks assigned. AND: I should never have to work for $5.59 per each hour of overtime, but that's how you THANK ME for my years of dedication and the work ethic that has allowed you to remain in business. FINALLY: I dare you to get into a territory and WORK OUR WORKLOAD FOR EVEN A WEEK! Then go think about what you have been doing to us for the past several years. You should be ashamed of yourselves. If you aren't, then there's no hope for you. And be assured it WILL catch up to you sooner or later.

Deserves no stars !!!!

Retail Media Specialist - RMS (Former Employee)

ProsI guess the fact that they give you free reign over your part timers but then they say your not a boss at all. Being a Retail media specialist is not really what it is in fact. Your hours get cut down to pretty much part time and they still believe that you should work with themvand that its right. Theres no pros really, once you work for them for a while you realize your being over worked in a small time frame and are getting under payed.

ConsHorrible management!
    Mileage rate is not up to state standards.
    Too many things in one day to do and if one goes wrong, TOO BAD you still have to finish it.
    No advancement in this company. For DMs they hire old DMs from other parts of the company.TRAINERS ARE SNAKES IN THE GRASS DO NOT TELL THEM ANYTHING ABOUT HOW OR WHAT HARDSHIPS YOUR GOING THROUGH.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing since I would never work for this company again or it's subsidiaries.

Just not a good company.

Product Representative (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsYou have freedom and flexibility throughout your day/week/month. You can set and alter your schedule without interference. You work alone and see your manager every few months if that's your thing. it's very easy to fly under the radar. Direct management is good but I'm sure they feel the same way.

Cons1. Zero upward mobility - will quickly hit the glass ceiling There is no on the the job training. They don't promote from within and almost impossible to use this as a stepping stone to anything else as your only skill is working for amerch.
    2. Terrible compensation.
    3. Mileage reimbursement is terrible.
    4. Perks (none) and benefits are terrible
    5. Redundant. If your looking for variety this is not for you. You go to the same accounts and deal with the same issues month after month. Spend majority of my day just clocking in and out through 3-4 different mediums and then logging in and out of surveys. Do this at least 50 times a day compounded over a week/month/year.
    6. There is no company culture. No collaboration or relationship between teams. Work with lots of unprofessional people. Lots of animosity and people are constantly undermining and working against you.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a workforce of overqualified people performing jobs that anyone with a drivers license can do. You need to nurture, train and promote people that are talented and skilled. Give employees actual responsibility and pay them more.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pay too low, holidays a must.

Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee)
    North Atlanta, GA

ProsThe staff and management are very friendly and try to be as flexible as possible with associates. Management is always looking for ways to say "Thank You" and are happy to recognize employees efforts.

ConsAt the time I left, Anderson was trying to avoid supplying employees with appropriate technology devices by having them download an app on their smartphones. No compensation is offered for the phone or problems caused by their app to employees phone. Also, there was no flexibility for vacations around winter holidays- in fact, "black Friday" started on Thanksgiving night. Not cool.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf employees are to be burned and turned, at least allow some trade off for Thanksgiving/Christmas/ New years. Also, being too cheap with technology and wages is foolish. Where do You think Mosaic gets their new employees from?

For a merchandising job, actually pretty good

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Tyler, TX

ProsYou get to work your own hours (within limitations) and order and manage inventory the way you see fit. For merchandising the salary and benefits were pretty fair.

ConsYou work in Walmart and all that goes with that. You have to do product releases at odd hours in addition to your normal work schedule. Managing multiple stores, you often have to drive to multiple locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make your employees work in business professional clothes to do a job in which those clothes are often ruined. Be more flexible on job hours on nights where there are midnight releases. Employees shouldn't have to drive to their stores twice in one day. Increase mileage payment as gas prices increase.

Worked as part time merchandiser for almost year.

Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsYou work alone in store and rarely are you invaded by management. The stores are pretty friendly and helpful - Best Buys.

ConsHours are added and cut at supervisor's whim with no employee contact to confirm schedule can be met. It just shows up in computer calendar and schedules can change for that day while you are working it, but you don't get a call to say so you find that your day was extended or shortened when you log out for break or at end of previously scheduled shift. Also if you don't make it into a store on a program day you are still expected to log into system and answer surveys as though you were there. If you have ethical issues with falsifying information your hours get cut for noncompliance. Part timers are treated like dogs when it comes to the schedules to cater to full timers, regardless of needs or schedules agreed at time of hire. No good deed goes unpunished!

Advice to Senior ManagementDiscipline or remove supervisory bad eggs especially when personnel go to upper management with documentation and other proof of bad conduct. Watch the report cards I kept getting wrote up for not signing store log even though I made photo copies of it showing my signature but missing both supervisor and trainer signature. There's very little respect for current DM and that's 100% from the 10-12 employees I encountered.

Frustration with unrealistic expectations.

Territory Sales Lead (Current Employee)

ProsIndependent work atmosphere. Monday to Friday work schedule most weeks.

ConsUnrealistic expectations in correlation to the tasks given for the week and the 40 hours given to accomplish the tasks. Chinese overtime??? Basically half time!!! Yes, I agreed to the contract but this is an absurd way to compensate employees for their hard work especially on weeks when only a superhuman could complete the work in 40 hours or less. No real opportunity for advancement. Lack of respect for venders with the big box retailer management staff who you have to communicate with on a daily basis. I could go on...but its depressing really.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate employees for the hard work they put in and your turn over ratio will diminish. Be appreciative of your employees in the field with more than random voice mails.

A confederacy of Dunces..."

Retail Media Merchandiser (Current Employee)
    Amarillo, TX

Prosautonomous environment, can work with little to no supervision, as long as the job gets done
    interesting working with movies and music

Conspay does not = company's expectations of employee
    raises are abysmal....ie $0.17 after two years of work
    company does not work smarter, which makes the employee work three times harder
    very unorganized at the top and trickles down to the "minions"

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice doesn't seem to sink in to them, since nothing has changed in two years...typical corporate capitalistic company

Only if you have to

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood, hardworking employees. Free movies 2-3 times a year. Freedom in managing the tasks throughout the day.

Consinconsistent schedule. mundane work.

You are just part of the machine here. All they care about is whether you got the tasks done and reported them out. Set your expectations about this job very low to save yourself the frustration.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut down on part-time employees and just have less, but well-trained full time.

Exciting

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsGreat coworkers and boss. Not too repetitive. Love working with the entertainment industry.

ConsPay was too low for my experience level but I chose to take a part time job.

Advice to Senior ManagementDora was a joy to work for!

Worked for Anderson Merchandisers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Anderson Merchandisers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Anderson Merchandisers CEO Charlie Anderson. All 146 reviews posted anonymously by Anderson Merchandisers employees.