Anderson Merchandisers

Updated December 12, 2014
2.3

Anderson Merchandisers CEO Charlie Anderson
Charlie Anderson

Pros
  • I love getting the free movies sent to my house (in 18 reviews)

• somewhat flexible work schedule, independent work (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Have been told from Retailers that starting in January 2015 they will only have part time employees (in 15 reviews)

• Incredible mismatch between the amount of work expected to do and the time allowed to do it (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Love my Job

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Never a dull moment. Love going to a job that challenges me to think outside of the box daily. Aside from Tuesday, you have a very flexible schedule. Consistent hours, more than livable wage.

Cons

A challenge working here is a need to adapt. Once you accept the fact that every week WILL be different from the next, things get better. Workload can be overwhelming at first, but with proper delegation I never had a problem completing everything with a day to spare.

Performance based raises when applicable.

Lots of work

Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work at your own schedule.

Cons

Lots of work in the time they give you and the money they give you.

More money, raises

TSL

Former Employee - TSL in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - TSL in Detroit, MI

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, independent work environment, work phone

Cons

Unrealistic time lines, Ditsy D.M, last min projects, company really doesn't care about there employees

It was good while it lasted

Current Employee - Field Training Specialist
    Current Employee - Field Training Specialist

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Promotions from within are great if positions are available.

Cons

LOTS of busy work. Company seems to be struggling with its identity and what its market is

Think of long term about what issues may arise from running to bid on EVERY possible project that comes your way. Do not assume every associate will be able to complete every job if even management is unaware how to complete it.

Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing…and it all falls on the sales field to get it done.

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working independently is the best part of the job, no one is physically breathing down your neck. The pay is probably better than I would find elsewhere just starting out. Having several stores allows you to meet & work with lots of different people. I love getting the free movies sent to my house…"Fox" is extremely generous with movies & t-shirts!

Cons

Complete lack of coordination & communication coming from home office down to the sales field. We are left to try & figure out what really needs to be done. The amount of projects handed down is completely unrealistic. It is humanly impossible to complete what they want done in the time given. I don't understand how the clients are happy with the results. The sales team has to figure out a way to tackle the "important" projects and either lie or answer unable to complete for the rest. And come Monday conference calls we hear about how we are falling below the expectations. Very disheartening and typical of "stuff" rolling downhill. If home office was better prepared and kept us properly informed there would be less disappointments. The amount of mistakes that come with the direction is embarrassing. I think home office also gets greedy with the new clients/projects and does not think about how it"s going to work out with the projects already scheduled. While this is not the worst job in the world, be wary when reading the overly positive reviews on this site, I guarantee they come from upper management who are told to write them!

Any advice I give to management would be ignored as I am just a lowly peon. All they have to do is read these comments and use some common sense if they want to make positive changes in the company and have a happier work force. ( I am giving a positive rating to business outlook & friend recommendation as it does seem like they will continue to move forward, so the jobs will be there, it just depends on the person as to how much of the stress they want to take on!

diappointing

Former Employee - District Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - District Manager in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

direct management understands the role and is supportive

Cons

upper management is not transparent, misleads the fiels

have the difficult conversation, be honest with your employees. Better communicate to the field the expectations. Look at work/life balance. Ask for feedback. Seriously review salary, especially ft associates

Re-alignment?

Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Independent working environment. Flexible hours. iPhone implementation works well.

Cons

Low wages. Not enough hours allotted to complete activities. Re-alignment has caused many issues, including travel concerns.

Realistic goals for field personnel would be appropriate. Shipping of sales supply is intermittent and often packaged poorly. Reimbursement for travel is a headache. And, again, too many activities to realistically accomplish in the fewer hours available;

Rep

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

being effectively your own boss throughout the day, having a set deadline for completion of tasks, having the variety of your weekly schedule, constant change, never boring

Cons

far to many tasks to be completed in each day, unrealistic goals and demands on re[s to complete, wanting 100% execution and accuracy, yet knowing that this is not attainable

listen to the realistic opinions of reps, things are not always no excuses just results pattern, work closely in field and spend time seeing what happens during a full working week.

Micro Management and Non Effective management and staff

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Really???? There arent much just a pay check

Cons

Many positive post s here are Management staff trying to do damage control of how they really treat employees. Wouldnt it just be better to treat your work force well than always try to play cover up? The pay with work load is way out of wack.. Many job tools you have to fund, company pays a small amount to pay for these items but it doesnt cover half of what is needed to do your job This way Anderson says that they cover expenses to do your job

Pay for expenses and stop have your employee base fund your business
    Pay for the amount of work expected
    Stop treating your people badly..
    Increase benefits and stop making excuses of why you cant

In store Retail Media Merchandiser Position

Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Portland, OR

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loved the ability to be self-directed and not micromanaged. Received free movies during the holidays, and free movie t-shirts during many new releases.

Cons

Company seemed to make random decisions and changes without complete situation analysis, assigning special projects and making changes that made the job harder and didn't appear to bring any benefit. Organization and communication were often lacking between in store reps and district manager. Lack of benefits or flexibility.

Propose your plans to the employees who are actually in store before implementing them, there is a LOT that you guys don't understand when your not working the floor day to day.