Anderson Merchandisers

Updated January 27, 2015
2.4

Anderson Merchandisers CEO Charlie Anderson
Charlie Anderson

Pros
  • I love getting the free movies sent to my house (in 18 reviews)

• somewhat flexible work schedule, independent work (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Have been told from Retailers that starting in January 2015 they will only have part time employees (in 15 reviews)

• Incredible mismatch between the amount of work expected to do and the time allowed to do it (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

awesome company and interesting to work there

Former Employee - Order/Puller
    Former Employee - Order/Puller

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

salary and the people are so great!!

Cons

far to dirve and traffic Also some racial tensions

I could not hope that they would even pay attention to what someone like me would say. Just expressing my experience with them.

so far so good..

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Rock Springs, WY
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Rock Springs, WY

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

flexible schedule great pay and an amazing DM

Cons

help desk can be rather rude. surveys are repeated over and over again. solicitations should be more explained if they want us to actually get the store to agree to it.

Anderson merchandisers

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

flexible, fun, fast paced environent

Cons

low wages, disorganized structure, low hours

need more realistic expectations of job roles

Dishonesty is this company's other name

Former Employee - Retail Merchandising Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandising Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent pay ( when you get it )

Cons

Very dishonest both to employees and the stores they contract for.

Trying Promoting someone other than a friend of Charlie Anderson's. Watch you DM's , they like to change employee hours to make themselves look better. Stop stealing money from employees. Be honest with your clients and stop telling employees to lie to them. Promote talent and skill, not years on the job.

Definite disconnect between corporate and field reps

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, acceptable pay rate, Dash Ex app + iPhone are significantly better than the previous handheld iteration.

Cons

There's not nearly enough time given to complete all the work expected. Limited career opportunities.

You're field reps need better communication/more transparency from Plano, TX. Hours were cut starting in November yet the workload remained the same. No explanation has been given for this and makes no sense considering how the retail industry operates during the holiday season. Not to mention it being the worst time of the year to have decreases in assigned hours.

Activity surveys need significant work done on them. There are constant mistakes. Whomever is in charge of them needs to actually go through them, as a rep would, to verify that they are working/reading as intended and then make the appropriate changes.

Love my Job

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Never a dull moment. Love going to a job that challenges me to think outside of the box daily. Aside from Tuesday, you have a very flexible schedule. Consistent hours, more than livable wage.

Cons

A challenge working here is a need to adapt. Once you accept the fact that every week WILL be different from the next, things get better. Workload can be overwhelming at first, but with proper delegation I never had a problem completing everything with a day to spare.

Performance based raises when applicable.

Management and Operations its time to execute flawlessly

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

Not many pros except it is a job

Cons

Most of your time is spent finding work arounds for the mistakes from Operations and the lack of communication that is filtered down from Management This makes the already over load of work even more difficult to complete. Also the same surveys are deployed with the same questions.to improve performance. HELLO get your act together

Insult to injury you will be paid a low wage and mileage.. what a joke at 32 cents

Get your act together .. stop blaming your sales team and work on your management and leadership skills

Lots of work

Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work at your own schedule.

Cons

Lots of work in the time they give you and the money they give you.

More money, raises

Response to "Love my Job"

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1.Reasonably flexible schedule - within the parameters set by DM.
    2.A percentage of those (not all, I might add) who were on board before the pay restructure in Spring 2014 enjoy a higher hourly rate than those hired after that timeframe.
    3.Room for creative thinking: as you understand how the company operates you realize ways to work smarter - not harder.

Cons

Company works on percentages, which equates to an overload of projects injected into the field, which in turn leads to an incredibly stressful work life for those who feel they must fulfill every project/request to the maximum.

T-shirts, ballcaps, $5 incentives for secured (prolonged) placement on sales floor of displays the company feels may not be successful if they don't add a "bone". This I find insulting to the adult field staff. Anderson's idea of an incentive is akin to what I dare say most of us who are parents would perhaps have used/do use to incentivize our teenagers. Please stop doing this.

I do know the company monitors websites such as this as I'm sure many others do, therefore it would appear the author of "Love my Job" is a member of Anderson management or there would be no reason to remain anonymous. Only those of us with negative comments fearing retribution have reason to not only hide our name/job title but our location also.

So basically stop lying and make a better attempt at looking after your staff, as truly that is the best way to circumvent negativity and get the best out of your employees. You have a lot of dedicated people who really do want the company to succeed as most of us out there do actually comprehend that working for a company with a strong foothold in the industry leads to job security. Part time staff, although cheaper, will never afford you an edge in the field as they don't have a vested interest in the company. When are you going to understand that? Look at how other companies have succeeded.... Bill Gates and Oprah Winfrey to name just a couple, come to mind. This company could soar to major heights if they would just adequately support the field staff.

To end on a positive note - many thanks for the SAMs Club membership. That is very much appreciated.

It was good while it lasted

Current Employee - Field Training Specialist
    Current Employee - Field Training Specialist

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Promotions from within are great if positions are available.

Cons

LOTS of busy work. Company seems to be struggling with its identity and what its market is

Think of long term about what issues may arise from running to bid on EVERY possible project that comes your way. Do not assume every associate will be able to complete every job if even management is unaware how to complete it.