Anderson Merchandisers Reviews

216 reviews filtered by
2.4
Anderson Merchandisers CEO Charlie Anderson
Charlie Anderson

Pros
  • I love getting the free movies sent to my house (in 18 reviews)

• somewhat flexible work schedule, independent work (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Have been told from Retailers that starting in January 2015 they will only have part time employees (in 15 reviews)

• Incredible mismatch between the amount of work expected to do and the time allowed to do it (in 8 reviews)

1. Loved and hated it

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Winnemucca, NV
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Winnemucca, NV

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is awesome whether you are full time or part time. You are in charge for the most part of the departments/merchandise that you deal with. My district manager Alan Long was awesome to work with.

Cons

This job is not for everyone it takes a certain breed to like and stay at this job. You work independantly for a large majority of the time which is a good and bad thing...if you can't take the stress and fast paced job that requires you to get a huge long k ist of projects done on a strict deadline this job is defantly not for you..walmart staff are hard to deal with sometimes ..most of the time they make you feel unwelcome and tell you straight to your face that your not all whike you bust your butt doing the work they should have done in the first place

Advice to Management

Work more with walmart staff and management to make sure your employees feel welcome or at least let them eat lunch in the same break room

Bright past, uncertain future

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

Fair pay in merchandising industry. Flexible hours with exception of Tuesday. Good benefits for full time

Cons

Hours are not guaranteed at any position. Commission was cut out at end of 2013. Travel compensation is minimal

Advice to Management

There needs to be consistent communication throughout all channels. Emails and voicemails contradicting each other happen numerous times throughout the week and whenever there is a question the answer is "call the help desk"

Execute retail expertise with a variety of clients

Current Employee - Team Sales Leader in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Team Sales Leader in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Different clients to service in a variety of stores each week. Flexible schedule with advanced notice.

Cons

Sometimes too many projects need to be completed during the same week(s), or overlapping of schedules.

I have fond memories and gratitude for my career development but, honestly, there's not a chance in hell I'd go back.

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time

Pros

-Your peers are generally awesome to work with and connect to.
    -I had several opportunities to travel.
    -I had a good relationship with my immediate managers.

Cons

I left Anderson last year for a job that only paid marginally better because I finally realized that all of the effort I'd put into developing myself as a manager, all of the time I had spent away from home for the company's benefit, and all the good work I had done to improve things really did not mean much to anyone. My education and training were seen as threatening and the credit for my work was (knowingly) given to and (knowingly) accepted by those that had little, if any, actually role in the creation of said work.

I'm glad I had this job. It taught me perseverance. It forced me to realize that you can't lay all of your self-worth at the feet of others' expectations and thoughts. It made me realize that I deserved better, not just as a person but as an employee.

Although leaving the Anderson bubble (and seriously, this company definitely operates inside of one) was difficult at first, I have already been promoted within my first year at my new company and my pay has almost doubled in that same amount of time.

So once again: thank you, subpar leadership at Anderson Merchandisers, for finally pushing me over the edge enough to get out just in time before my career was ruined. I would not have my current success without you.

Advice to Management

Continue to thank Jesus that this company is privately-held because several of you would be indicted otherwise.

Difficult to advance, but good company to work for as far as retail goes.

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

good benefits, off most weekends, flexable hours

Cons

little chance for advancement, poor communication from district management

Advice to Management

communicate more with team members

Lack of communication!

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free movies, good benefits package. Wages above average for this job. Work closer to home than most jobs in this industry.

Cons

No real communication. Must watch that you get paid for all hours and mileage. Lack of communication makes it really hard to do the job.

Advice to Management

Really need to communicate better with employees. Call employee back because there may be a huge reason they have called.

Serious Lack of Company Direction

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No micro-managing. DMs communicate primarily through conference calls, emails and text. You rarely see your DM unless your store complains.

Cons

Inconsistent and incomplete direction.
    Multitude of varying projects to complete. ((This can be a pro also - no boredom.)
    DIrection and focus of company. Are we merchandisers? Are we project drones for anything to make company money?
    Complete lack of proper remuneration. Starting TSLs make same as 10+ year veterans.
    No raises - ever.
    Mileage is very low. 20+ cents less than IRS maximum allowed.
    Too many TSLs. Recent asorption of Best Buy leaders has glutted our work force.
    No bonus for first year in quite a while. Seriously that does not inspire work force.

Advice to Management

Make pay structure reward your Gold Badge TSLs.
    Gold Badge TSLs need better benefits. Haven't they earned it??
    Return to previous Territories and dump off the glut of employees we had to absorb after huge disaster of Best Buy launch.
    Communicate with us. The more we know the better we can execute.

Software Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

work life balance is the only positive.

Cons

Poorly managed software team. The manager will drop by and request a release to production without even testing. She will ask you to work weekends forcing you to cancel your plans and then on Friday evening tell you its not necessary to come in on the weekend. Their idea of testing is clicking to make sure things work. They have no PRDs and have no clue how to run a proper software team. If you happen to suggest ideas that could save them $$$ they get mad at you because you are not focused on the task at hand. Oh and god forbid if someone in your family falls ill because they will fire you for missing work even if you offer to work from the hospital while watching over your folks.

Advice to Management

- Have a heart or go buy one!

I gained a lot of experience working here but the company needs to treat employees better.

Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They work early in the morning and you're off in the early afternoon. They are also very flexible with hours and schedules.

Cons

There are too high of expectations for their short shifts and employees do not have adequate time to complete given tasks.

Advice to Management

Budget more time for us to be in the stores. A lack of time in the store has led to strained relationships with each individual store

11. Testing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

None. Do work here they are disguised a company but are anything but a bunch of people who relocated from Amarillo to be in a shiny new building.

Cons

This company is new to the area, they are calling themselves having a QA department, code is never stable, Testers are expected to work like hourly workers in a factory (unlimited nights and weekends), The conditions here are not humane and they are immature at developing their own software they should allow professionals to develop a real application vs the makeshift application - D - They tried to dress up an old old 90+ person to look like a shiny new corvette in a new building, but they are anything but that. Dont fall for the disguise.

Advice to Management

Don't make IT Directors out of people who have not idea how to management people and create detailed plans prior to implementations. Clean house in ur IT mgmt structure. (it's just a bunch of clicks) and the main reason ur QA department keeps departing.

Anderson Merchandisers Photos