Anderson Merchandisers Reviews

Reset
2.6
Anderson Merchandisers CEO Charlie Anderson
Charlie Anderson

Pros
  • received free movies occasionally from studios (in 18 reviews)

• somewhat flexible work schedule, independent work (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Have been told from Retailers that starting in January 2015 they will only have part time employees (in 15 reviews)

• Incredible mismatch between the amount of work expected to do and the time allowed to do it (in 8 reviews)

1. Great benefits

Former Employee - Picker/Packer in Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Picker/Packer in Denton, TX

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, fast paced, many hours, safety bonuses, incentive pay

Cons

Hard labor, & management should possibly be evaluated for certain subject removal

Advice to Management

Respect and commend employees, Be a leader that entry levels can look up to and respect. Work as hard as every employee works for you.

2. Sales Merchandiser

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tega Cay, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tega Cay, SC

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You manage yourself. Your assignments come via the cell phone. You have a lot of control over your time. No one is looking over your shoulder to manage you.

Cons

Poor communication. While the assignments are specific sometimes they are hard to understand and details are incorrect and you usually don't know why you are doing them. You are at the mercy of the stores you are assigned to when it comes to their cooperation.

Advice to Management

Give us more detail on why we are doing the assignments so we can understand the purpose. It would make it easier for us to make decisions when the circumstances are not exactly how they are described in the activity.

3. Part-Time Merchandiser

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, straight-forward work, manageable tasks, and great job to have while you're in school. Easy to turn-off the work.

Cons

Hard to deal with store management (outside of the company), issues with company software inside the stores.

5. Good Company to work for as far as merchandising goes

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Detroit, MI

Pros

The pay and benefits were good for the field for the full-timers. part-time pay was average. I enjoyed my time working for Anderson, the people were good as a team, my DM was good, but there was a ton of work. You really work hard, but that's what you get paid to do. Communication was good, always had conference calls to discuss new contracts and projects.

Cons

Needed better communication on headquarters end as far as support and getting answers from HQ. The new contracts are always a bit stressful at beginning until everything is figured out, but that is probably pretty typical.

6. TSL

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Austin, TX

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time

Pros

lots of different projects, something different everyday

Cons

To much to do within the time given to complete a project

Advice to Management

to high exceptions for the retail environments

7. Good company

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people all around

Cons

high expectations without enough administrative support, overwork management without systems in place for full support.

Advice to Management

put infrastructure in place before implementing new procedures to ensure success

Too Much!

Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Receive free movies, and a iphone, flexible schedule

Cons

They say yes to Everything that is offered to them by the client's, and the employee has to do all the work. They continue to add on more and more assignments but no more pay.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees, make sure you have enough employees to cover the assigned stores, if your going to keep adding on new projects. Give more raises

Great part time job

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time

Pros

This company allows you to work pretty much the hours you want. Great part time job.

Cons

Can be somewhat stressful and involves a lot of physical movement.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, they deserve it.

Full Time TSL

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm fortunate to have an awesome DSM who often helps when challenges are considered unreasonable. Have the ability to self organize your time in each store within the guidelines of activity due dates. Developing relationships w managers & personnel in each store has proven to be rewarding.

Cons

Challenging for sure. An average of 1 week each month feels like boot camp! Too many duplicate activities each week. Suggested time allotment per activity often unreasonable especially when faced with overwhelming challenges to complete multitudes of activities in all stores in 40 hours. OT must be approved. Very little tutoring. Home Office seems to take on more work and demands for us than is reasonable. There are days I feel I need Prozac!

Advice to Management

Create separate teams within each district that are trained in software upgrades & set them loose instead of adding that extra pressure on TSLs & SMs.

District Manager

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Associates and technology. Weekends are mostly free except the occasional project here and there. Almost no overnight travel, most associates within 3 hours away.

Cons

Highly fluctuating business. Some weeks there is way to much work than humanly possible and other weeks there is almost no work and few hours to be had. Makes it hard to keep part time associates. Many unnecessary web conferences to typically just going over a document word for word that is then email for you to review. Just send me the document and let me read it, I don't need a web conference for every little project.

Advice to Management

Set up minimum hours for part time associates. if we hire them promising 15 to 20 hours a week then only give them 4 we can't expect them to stay. Setting minimum hours would also incentivise the upper management to secure more business to meet those hours. Limit web conference for large complex projects, not everything!

RSS Feed </> Embed