Anderson Merchandisers

Updated October 17, 2014
2.3

Anderson Merchandisers CEO Charlie Anderson
Charlie Anderson

Pros
  • Working with music and movies and getting free movies every now and then (in 16 reviews)

• somewhat flexible work schedule, independent work (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • A silly amount of work to do in a 4 hour day (in 8 reviews)

• Sometimes dealing with part time employees can be difficult (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

My experience was enlightening.

Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Youngstown, OH
    Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Youngstown, OH

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work at your own pace. Build communication skills

Cons

Company transitioning is hard on the employees when changing into new companies.

The company should provide more training in the transitioning of new company. Not having steady hours is hard on staff.

DO NOT WORK HERE

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time

Pros

There are no pros to working for this company.

Cons

- lack of DM support
    - lack of support from main office
    - fellow merchandisers who will blame you for their mistakes
    - poor training
    - poor pay

Train your trainers and DMs better. Teach them to actually SUPPORT their staff, instead of lying and offering no/little support or training. I've been a merchandiser for many years, and this is ABSOLUTELY one of the worst companies to work for. If I could afford to quit my job, I WOULD. As a sales lead, you are overworked and underpaid.

Decent part time job

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You are pretty much on your own, you can do the job as you see fit, and you don't answer to the places you are working in. Hours can be moved around as long as you get the job done.

Cons

Pay raises are non-existent for the most part. Also, upward movement for part timers is not happening.

Listen to your people as far as communicating with the customers (retailers). We hear a lot of things from their customers, and are a valuable resource as to what people want and how our clients are actually doing.

frustration

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Time-off is not a problem. Holidays are plenty. Hours are from 8am To 5pm. The job is similar to having your own business. You may see your supervisor once every three months.

Cons

The problem is Thanksgiving. We have to be at work on Thanksgiving at 5pm. We have too many stores per rep at themonent.

The company is changing for the better. We need better compensation.

Over worked and underpaid, especially if your part time.

Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Super flexible work schedule you pretty much get to decide how many hours you want to work and when you want to work if your part time. You primarily work by yourself and there is very little supervision over this position. You get to decide what work your going and how long your going to take to that specific job/activity.

Cons

You will be over worked, each week there are over 50 jobs, activities to do in each store so will have to bust you butt to get everything done each week. As a part timer you get no benefits, no holiday pay or holidays off, no overtime unless you work over 40 hours in a single week, and you will have to work special shifts throughout the year such as overnights, midnight releases, and yes you have to work at midnight on black friday. As part time you are responsible for the same responsibilities as the full time representative but for far less pay.

My advice to management is to create better training procedures for new hires, lots of new hire turnover because there is a lack of training before the new hire is supposed to be able to work alone. Pay more competitively to part timers, there is no difference between a part timer and a full timer other than the hours worked so why does full timer get around $22 an hour and part time get paid minimum wage?

I like my job, there's always something different. I like the interaction with the customers.

Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Anderson is good on if you have a suggestion that will make your job easier they listen and try to implement your suggestion.

Cons

I think for the work we do, we should be paid more, with regular pay raises.

RMS - Retail Media Specialist

Former Employee - Retail Media Specialist - RMS
    Former Employee - Retail Media Specialist - RMS

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible for the most part. Working in and with Best Buy was enjoyable. There are many divisions and a lot of employees of this company so don't get fooled by the low rating. If you can snag a full time position the company is great to work with.

Cons

Sometimes dealing with part time employees can be difficult.

More full time workers who will invest in their stores and take ownership. Even if that means covering a greater geographic area.

not to bad

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

fast paced work environment that presents new challenges everyday. Semi flexible hours

Cons

micro managed, working with walmart management is a night mare they seem to hate vendors on site. The stock room is a joke and no one wants to help you. ex we are not allowed to climb on a ladder yet our product is often on high shelves. we are not allowed to use pallet jacks yet no one hastime to do it for us. and at times there is not enough hours given to finish projects properly

stop worrying so much about your bonus and start allowing part time help more hours in order to do things right instead of forcing us to half way do things

Worst work experience I have ever had.

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Denton, TX

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Only reason I am writing here is because there is a 20 word minimum.

Cons

Entirely too underpaid, asked to do many things other than what your job is, terrible communication between supervisors and employees, comparable to working in a sweatshop, all they care about is numbers, supervisors do nothing except sit in a room on computers all day where they can watch you do all the work.

Read above and do the opposite.

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

None. None. None. None. None.

Cons

Supervior's are Unhappy. Hiring people try and get you CHEAP.