Anderson Merchandisers

www.amerch.com
Employer Engaged

Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing…and it all falls on the sales field to get it done.

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working independently is the best part of the job, no one is physically breathing down your neck. The pay is probably better than I would find elsewhere just starting out. Having several stores allows you to meet & work with lots of different people. I love getting the free movies sent to my house…"Fox" is extremely generous with movies & t-shirts!

Cons

Complete lack of coordination & communication coming from home office down to the sales field. We are left to try & figure out what really needs to be done. The amount of projects handed down is completely unrealistic. It is humanly impossible to complete what they want done in the time given. I don't understand how the clients are happy with the results. The sales team has to figure out a way to tackle the "important" projects and either lie or answer unable to complete for the rest. And come Monday conference calls we hear about how we are falling below the expectations. Very disheartening and typical of "stuff" rolling downhill. If home office was better prepared and kept us properly informed there would be less disappointments. The amount of mistakes that come with the direction is embarrassing. I think home office also gets greedy with the new clients/projects and does not think about how it"s going to work out with the projects already scheduled. While this is not the worst job in the world, be wary when reading the overly positive reviews on this site, I guarantee they come from upper management who are told to write them!

Any advice I give to management would be ignored as I am just a lowly peon. All they have to do is read these comments and use some common sense if they want to make positive changes in the company and have a happier work force. ( I am giving a positive rating to business outlook & friend recommendation as it does seem like they will continue to move forward, so the jobs will be there, it just depends on the person as to how much of the stress they want to take on!

Rep

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

being effectively your own boss throughout the day, having a set deadline for completion of tasks, having the variety of your weekly schedule, constant change, never boring

Cons

far to many tasks to be completed in each day, unrealistic goals and demands on re[s to complete, wanting 100% execution and accuracy, yet knowing that this is not attainable

listen to the realistic opinions of reps, things are not always no excuses just results pattern, work closely in field and spend time seeing what happens during a full working week.

In store Retail Media Merchandiser Position

Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Retail Media Merchandiser in Portland, OR

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loved the ability to be self-directed and not micromanaged. Received free movies during the holidays, and free movie t-shirts during many new releases.

Cons

Company seemed to make random decisions and changes without complete situation analysis, assigning special projects and making changes that made the job harder and didn't appear to bring any benefit. Organization and communication were often lacking between in store reps and district manager. Lack of benefits or flexibility.

Propose your plans to the employees who are actually in store before implementing them, there is a LOT that you guys don't understand when your not working the floor day to day.

The work is enjoyable and there are always tasks to complete with little supervision.

Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most of the shifts are flexible and there is not a lot of micromanaging. The tasks are assigned and with the technology provided they are relatively straightforward and can be accomplished in the allotted times.

Cons

There is a high turnover rate and there are not always enough associates for each store to be able to complete all of the work without requiring associates to work more hours than normal.

Anderson is in over their heads.

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers

Pros

work-life balance culture, career direction flexibility

Cons

Suppressive and antiquated culture, weak executive management, company values

work very hard and receive next to nothing I'm return...

Former Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Steady job, 401k plan, flexible schedule except Tuesday mornings being mandatory. Free new releases from studios when we reach/exceed sales goals for that release.

Cons

Too much demanding work with unrealistic time frames assigned to 1 employee at a time when you can have anywhere up 8 stores to complete in 1 work week and only 2 people working all stores in territory, you could have anywhere from 60-90 different activities in core stores and at times still have to rush through them in a day and then there's still more work to be done! This company takes its hard working employees for granted and for as much as you do to excel in sales and surpass company goals, you will never see anything useful I'm return. Part time employees do not get paid time and a half for holiday work, only full time employees get that benefit. You work on holidays and don't get to spend as much time with your family during those times which is a bummer. Schedules change rapidly without notice at times and paychecks come late in the mail (I would suggest doing direct deposit). This company makes you feel as if you are expendable, even though they are the ones who are begging for employees because the work load is far too demanding for the current employees and the employees of its major retailers that they service. If you want to have a stressful life then this job is perfect for you. I would steer clear though if you have a soul and wish to enjoy working for an employer who actually cares for its employees and not just about making money.

Give your part time employees benefits, usually we work at least anywhere from 25-35 hours a week and even more during the 4th quarter of the year, technically we are full time employees at 32 hours in the state of California. Everyone at HR headquarters in Texas, please spend a month or two in the stores that your TSL's and SM's service, see what the demanding work environment is like before adding more onto the task list, really get a feel for the demands of consumers and the employees who work with them to make their shopping experience better. If you could see what it's like with product, blitz installations, client services activities and working with the retailers, then you might realize a thing or two about how we are viewed by customers and Walmart employees. I want you all to experience how stressful this job can be and how it can be difficult to meet standards at times with the situations that arise. Oh and please stop working us like dogs, we should be getting paid more doing this line of work, especially since it is very physical and requires you to rush through everything rather than finish activities efficiently.

Better than most Merchandiser Companies

Current Employee - TSL in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - TSL in Austin, TX

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work your own hours (within limitation) there is always new projects, everyday is different from being in a different store to the projects that change from week to week.

Cons

Communication is distant and exceptions are high. There is a lot of work to accomplish in a 40 hr work week.

Management could take better care of field employees, They do more for there corporate in office employees and nothing for those in the field.

Not a long-term job

Former Employee - Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at Anderson Merchandisers part-time

Pros

Free movies
    Flexible hours
    Fairly easy work

Cons

Large cuts to hours during offseason
    Overloading work duties

Hire more full time employees

Growing Company!!

Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Lead in San Juan, PR

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The have good hours and great working enviroment. Good communication and flexible schedules.

Cons

Not the best or standard pay in the industry for what you do.

Research the standard pay rate for other companies and pair it to make good people stay with you.

Anderson Merchandisers is a great company.

I have been working at Anderson Merchandisers full-time

Pros

You have a lot of flexibility in hours as well as you are always learning new things. You are constantly busy so time flys. You get the opportunity to work in several retailers.

Cons

Projects can be challenging...but who doesn't love a challenge?

Projects need to be made simpler. More information further in advance would be nice as well as clearer instructions for completing projects.

Anderson Merchandisers Photos