Anderson's Furniture

Updated December 29, 2014
Updated December 29, 2014
3.9

Jill Anderson

Anderson's Furniture Rock's Today's Interior Home Decor and Design!

Current Employee - Design Consultant/Home Decorating Sales in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Design Consultant/Home Decorating Sales in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Anderson's Furniture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I get to explore my creative ideas & design on a daily basis and share them with our customers all while we turn the music up and have fun. The employees work as a team and are a blast to brain storm with. For a small family owned company, they offer great insurance, awesome incentives and even have a retirement plan!

Cons

The only con I could possibly think of is that the sales positions are strictly commission based, so if you're not an outgoing and self motivated person, it's probably not the place for you. However, for me, I love it because it challenges me and also gives me the opportunity to build my career and income to the highest level in which I can push myself. I happen to love seeing that the better I do, I actually get rewarded for it by a big fat pay check! That makes me strive for more and to be my best, which in return gives me the confidence to achieve anything!

Thank you for helping me build my knowledge in the design industry, my client base and meet wonderful people! I love working with team oriented individuals who all want each other to succeed, which makes me look forward to going into work everyday! I get to make people smile when they see their room or home come to life and it's such an amazing feeling of pride! Who wouldn't love that?

Owners need to smarten up.

Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at Anderson's Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Other sales associates just as unhappy as you are so lots of company for your misery.

Cons

Like being in junior high and competing with owners bff who is also a sales associate. Owners continually made me split commission with another sales person who did not do lions share of the sale. Became a gross ego parade.

It's called show business not show friendship for a reason. Ask yourselves honestly why your employee turn over is so great.

Beautiful High end furniture...awesome customer service and delivery

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Anderson's Furniture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great place to work and The Anderson's treat the employees like family! Customer Service and the Delivery department have come along ways..everyday is an improvement!

Cons

custom furniture takes time to come in

have monthly meetings with all employees to ensure processes are in place and every team member has the CAN DO attitude

Love Anderson's Furniture and employment

Current Employee - Delivery Coordinator in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Coordinator in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Anderson's Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work. Beautiful furniture. Clint and Jill are easy going and great bosses!

Cons

Custom furniture takes a long time to arrive. Sales Associates promise a quicker unrealistic arrival time.

Communication is goal for a Can Do Company! Set a monthly meeting with all employees and have processes in place! Every employee needs to work as a team

Loving it!

I have been working at Anderson's Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great corporate structure. Friendly co-workers. Fantastic benefits. Excellent work environment!

Cons

No negative remarks to report. :)

The best job I have ever had, working for someone, in my employment career.

Current Employee - Design Consultant Sales Merchandising Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Anderson's Furniture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Family owned company that cares about the individual, knows (as if their own family), individual needs and strives to meet individual's needs. Owner's create a fun, exciting, inspiring, 'never a dull moment' environment, no two days are the same! Employees have become close friends, so I look forward to working every day! Surrounded by amazing furnishings and decorating talent.

Cons

Constant requests for more locations, outside of the three locations that exist. Wish we could open more locations, even out of state.

a truly mismanaged company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Anderson's Furniture

Pros

the products, while not always the best quality, are at least popular in their market.

Cons

This was really not a positive working environment. I think this company exemplifies the idea that, during a good economy, any business will do well. I don't think the owners, along with the management team in place, have the business sense to successfully carry their business any farther than they already have.

Hire the best you can, and trust their expertise. If you don't start treating your employees and customers better, your company will go under.

Double standards with out respect of the customer or the sales team.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Anderson's Furniture

Pros

They have a beautiful show room, and beautiful products to offer. The commute was easy. My direct manager was awesome.

Cons

Poor customer service, in sales your left holding the bag. Warehouse is a discombobulated mess. Owners are not in tune to employee's serious concerns. Such as loss of vendors and the product left on floor that cant be sold, wait time up to 6 months for product not stalked in warehouse but on floor. This results in loss of sales for sales staff as well as company. Special treatment/concessions/privileges given to favorites, regardless of complaint or policy infractions. Poor standards for system accessed sales to prevent theft to sales staff.

All employees should be treated equally. If you don't have it to sell, then it shouldn't be on the floor. And changes of sales ownership should be backed with security features in the system. And your open door policy should be upheld.

Anderson's Furniture Photos