Andesa Services

Andesa Services Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Andesa Services President & CEO Ron Scheese

Ron Scheese

Opportunities galore, if you're willing to put in the effort to take advantage of them.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Allentown, PA

ProsAndesa places a great emphasis on taking care of its employees. This sentiment begins at the Board of Directors and is emphasized by both Senior and Middle Management as decisions are made that shape the employee environment.

ConsAndesa supports web applications that require 24x7 availability, but does not staff for 24x7 coverage. Therefore, many employees are involved in an after-hours, on-call rotation to ensure the availability of the applications.

Challenging and Rewarding Career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Allentown, PA

ProsAndesa offers an opportunity for employees to contribute on a daily basis. Our contributions directly impact our clients' excellent satisfaction levels and lead to motivated employees. In return, Andesa provides an outstanding total compensation package with generous benefits unseen in today's marketplace.

ConsAs a smaller company, technological innovation and updates are a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive future goals and reward individual performance and key contributors.

Relaxed atmosphere that allows you to gain knowledge.

ProsRelaxed atmosphere (casual dress), Flexibility with taking time off, Take responsibility for your clients with limited to no supervision. Paid Healthcare, 401K Contribution - well above average, Wellness Reimbursement. Employee atmosphere is diverse and entertaining.

ConsPay scale for jobs are skewed towards lower end model. Limited opportunities with current company structure until expansion into other markets is obtained.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the employees who want to better themselves with higher scales for compensation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great, open environment

ProsAbove-average pay, including company-paid health benefits and very generous 401k
    Aggressive plans to upgrade technology environment
    Ability to interact with customers at Fortune 500 companies
    Casual office atmosphere and employee-focused workplace

ConsNo on-site cafeteria
    Rapid change of business environment has caused changes in work responsibilities. Have to be willing to be adaptable

A company that provides great opportunites for employees to develop and contribute.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Allentown, PA

ProsOutstanding benefits, highly ethical culture, intelligent and capable coworkers, good work-life balance, excellent management team, and many interesting technical challenges

ConsSmall company with limited financial resources providing services to extremely large and demanding insurance companies and brokerages

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen recruiting new employees, look for people with high intellect, breadth of knowledge, and flexibility rather than focusing on specialized skill sets. Encourage employees to cross train and contribute to various areas of the company. Also, put as much energy as possible into trying to attract new investors and new customers.

Nothing bad to say.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Allentown, PA

ProsThere are many pros (e.g. bright, helpful people; challenging work; good pay and benefits; solidly ethical stand) but the best thing about Andesa is that I'm seen by management as a real person... not merely a "human resource". Upper-level management (all the way up to the owners) care about us as people who have real lives.

ConsOur clients often are not sure what they really want or need, which leads to scope creep and other frustrating conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the employee-client-shareholder triangle well balanced, and never forget that the ends do NOT justify the means.

Andesa Services Cares.

Client Services Representative (Current Employee)

ProsAndesa Services has good company values, great benefits, helpful co-workers and nice office space. Communication/socialization is encouraged for both work related items and also for special events such as the company picnic, Andesa on the Move, chili cookoff and holiday party. Andesa Services supports giving back to the community by giving employees the opportunity to volunteer in Andesa's monthly commitments with Meals on Wheels and Backpack Buddies programs. Andesa Services doesn't just care about the financial number - their clients (partnerships), their employees and their shareholders are all important.

ConsThe advancement opportunities are limited.

Not your typical company in that the environment is laid back and promotes a relaxed atmosphere to perform duties.

Client Services Representative (Current Employee) Allentown, PA

Prosthis company seeks out win-win-win opportunities. Management seeks out the best opportunity for its employees, clients, and shareholders. with that being said the employee benefits are very much above average. 40k is better than other companies.... Great place to get your feet wet and gain industry knowledge.

Conswork hours are not ideal. m-f 9-6. this is a niche company so coming in you have to start from scratch to learn the jargon and software applications.

Advice to Senior Managementoffer earlier start times/end times to client services department.

Great company

ProsAndesa is a great place to work. The company is very focused on the employees. Employees have a lot of flexibility and freedom to do their job. The work environment is family oriented and pleasant. Management does a good job of informing employees about what is going on. This is one of the most open places I have ever worked.

ConsAndesa is growing and changing. Change is unsettling at times.

VERY OLD SCHOOL AND CONSERVATIVE.

ProsPay is decent, benefits are better than most. The development staff is high quality.

ConsNo flexibility in certain areas of management. Lots of favoritism - a few individuals are allowed to have special privileges which are then abused, but without consequence, while the rest of us have a strong work ethic without the same privileges or appreciation. Very demotivating. Very frustrating.

Religion also plays a big part in the company. SUPER conservative.

No real anonymity in surveys so we have to be very careful not to give away our division.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's no point in advice as nothing will ever change with certain members of management that are in denial.

Andesa Services Response

May 28, 2014Human Resources Officer

I want to thank-you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Andesa. Your feedback concerning favoritism is concerning, and I would like to invite you to consider providing additional ... More

Worked for Andesa Services? Contribute to the Community!