Andiamo Partners

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
4.8

Patrick McAdams

Incredible company - smart team of driven people - fun place to build a career - but expect to work hard.

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love it here. It's not an easy job... but it's a firm I believe in and a position I find challenging and rewarding. I work with smart people who are as driven as I am and find the management all the way down to the support staff and interns to be very high performing.

Cons

Company is growing very quickly. Each month there are new plans for expansion and growth. If you're not into that, go elsewhere... I find it exciting. Also, if you don't expect to work harder than you've ever worked, you may want to find another firm. We work hard and enjoy our jobs.

Eh...

Current Employee - Tech Recruiter
    Current Employee - Tech Recruiter

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free seltzer in the fridge. Bonuses are pretty good if you get them. Some of the account managers are really great to work with, as are most of the recruiters. Good entry level stepping stone, if you're good at ignoring annoyances and dealing with some poor management, it might be worth it to build up your base salary here.

Cons

This place has done a 180 in the past year or so. It used to be a fun, collaborative environment that celebrated a positive culture and focused on the employees overall happiness (going out for drinks/dinner after work, great birthday celebrations, positive reinforcement), but that has changed big time. The culture now revolves around endless amounts of long-running internal competitions for "prizes" (candy, less than $100, some free lunch) and a "you're never safe" attitude. Basically it doesn't matter how much you make the company or how consistently you are hitting your goals, If you are the top earner or the lowest earner and you don't reach some arbitrary number (formed by some factors that are out of personal control) that management came up with, you can say GOODBYE to your bonuses. Also, if you have a dry spell of not making gross profit one quarter (no matter how much you've made them previously), they will make it clear to you quickly that your job is not stable and you are not an important cog in their "rise to the top". Management is regularly "improving" (yea right..) processes to make it more difficult to receive bonuses or commission, and even if you do - expect the policy to change when you're not looking. Also, that arbitrary number I was talking about, expect to have a weekly individual '"You Suck" Meeting' to put the cherry on top of your Monday morning.

Also, support for the required processes is inadequate. Most frustrating when you are trying to get your work done and the database fails (this happens almost DAILY) or when the whole system slows/pauses and you are stuck waiting for it to kick back up.

It is not uncommon for people to quietly look around for other options. If you are truly interested in recruiting, go elsewhere. Also I wouldn't believe some of these reviews with "growth/growing or hard work/work hard" in the titles, they're definitely plants.

Start caring about your employees again or you will see your turnover rate skyrocket. A majority of your "competitions" are neither motivating nor accurate. Stop creating these things.

Great as a stepping stone

I have been working at Andiamo Partners

Pros

Great training program and friendly environment

Cons

The is a lack of proper support

Great team, fun environment, growing company.

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing company with a lot of growth potential for someone looking to get into the recruiting industry. Hard working, smart coworkers who are able to balance a heavy workload with the ability to relax and have fun. The recruiting team is able to perform at a very high level because of great resources provided by Senior Management. Heavy focus on long term training and growth, not just hitting your numbers

Cons

A lot of work to be done, could definitely use more recruiters on staff

Keep hiring

Wonderful place to work!

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is such a fantastic firm. Andiamo has great people, a strong team culture, a drive to succeed, and a fun environment.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say. The training process is long but it's truly worth the effort - we're more knowledgeable than others in the industry as a result.

Great environment & culture. Smart people who work hard. Fast growing company.

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training program and mentoring is awesome. I've gained a ton of knowledge and experience in a pretty short time. The people who work here are very smart and dedicated.. from top universities and companies. The culture is really fun and welcoming. I love it here!

Cons

Our office is getting a bit cramped since we've grown so quickly in the past few years. When I started we used to get free lunch every day, I think because it was tied to a company incentive which was going on at the time. Anyway, we don't get that any more... it was really cool while it lasted.

You guys are awesome. The leadership team really cares about career growth, culture, compensation, teamwork - etc. and it shows.

Excellent place to begin and build a career - lots of growth

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We're given a lot of support to do our jobs well. Great training and a fun, hard working environment. It's a pretty small firm, but the managers have been successful in growing a substantial client base and a great reputation in the industry. I like working for a firm where I know where I can be in 3-8 years.

Cons

None really. I enjoy working here and see the company growing and providing a lot of opportunity.

Brilliant Firm - Great people and environment

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been here for about 9 months and have to say, I couldn't have made a better decision than to join this company. The training was fantastic - I've been mentored by leaders in the industry and, perhaps most importantly, I really enjoy my job and the culture. I have a clear growth plan and can envision where I could be with the company if I continue to perform over the next 5 years.

Cons

I can't say anything bad about the firm. We could hire a few more Analysts to support our projects... we're busy, but not too busy that we can't get our work done.

A great firm.

I have been working at Andiamo Partners

Pros

Friendly people, hard working, good environment.

Cons

None really. The team is quite young, and filled with good people.

If you're lucky enough to work here, you're going to have an amazing time!

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Andiamo Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great team of smart people who work together so everyone succeeds.. There is good training and a ton of fun contests, happy hours, etc.
    They were very supportive of me moving to a corporate recruiting position after a few wonderful years with them. I am definitely going to use them as a vendor at my new firm.

Cons

Recruiting is difficult work.. plan to work very hard!

Do the Vegas trip contest again!