Angelvision Technologies

Mike Jingozian

1. Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Angelvision Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the job and my co-workers!

Cons

Unbeknownst to me, the company was having serious fiscal issues prior to my coming on in August 2014. I was laid off in December 2014 and the company imploded in March 2015.

Advice to Management

Be open to input.

CEO's threat to sue reviewers is all you need to know

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Angelvision Technologies full-time

Pros

As others have stated, some very talented people worked here. Clients were diverse and interesting.

Cons

The CEO. He spent so little time in the office, he had no idea what people did or how hard they were working. It sucked. Especially when you'd worked hard all week, maybe 50-60 hours, and he shows up like a dark cloud on a Friday at 3:00, calls a meeting, and no one can leave until he does (which might be 7:00). He constantly told us we were expendable. No one's mentioned his passion for Landmark Education (a self-help cult based in Seattle). Used to pay for employees to go to their three day seminars (no pressure there, right?) He took up their mantra, "I don't get angry." But for someone who claims to be so laid back, he sure screams a lot. He's recently posted on former employees reviews that he's considering suing over "libelous" statements. Can you sue over the truth? I guess so. Seems rather vindictive to me, but that's his M.O.

Advice to Management

Instead of working so hard to blame employees for jumping a sinking ship, take a look at the man in the mirror. The worst thing about AngelVision is you.

Tragic demise

Pros

Many employees at all levels contributed greatly to what was once a thriving and successful company. The core employment retention was solid with the average length of employment at around 8-10 years. While the approach to management was unconventional, it provided an environment for growth, discovery and development. Being an internet marketing firm, technology was ever changing and we needed to change with it. We were given the tools to stay current and provide our clients with the most up to date and knowledgeable advise and guidance available.

Cons

Decisions were made by the CEO which contributed to the ultimate demise of AngelVision. The company was at its best while the CEO was absent. The many comments and reviews are (unfortunately) accurate in that he would play games to pit employees against each other for no other reason other than to fill his own ego. The CEO does not have a genuine interest in the well being of the clients and currently continues to mislead his client base through nonsensical excuses. Does not take advise. Toxicity at its finest.

Advice to Management

Stop misleading your audience. The company is finished. What little support team you have now(if any) have been cherry picked by the CEO based on their ignorance and/or co dependent nature. Stop deceiving your client base.

Jul 21, 2015 – Director

This message is intended to those individuals who continue to post damaging statements on Glassdoor and similar websites. I am compelled to initiate lawsuits against those individuals who continue to ... More

Don't work with Angelvision

Former Employee - Vice President of Operations
    Former Employee - Vice President of Operations

I worked at Angelvision Technologies (More than 8 years)

Pros

When the company was more solvent, there were many talented, wonderful people to work with a shared vision.

Cons

Owner is distrustful and misleading. Known to fire people for disagreeing with him and generally unwilling to take advise from others.

Great Company Ruined By CEO

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Tigard, OR

I worked at Angelvision Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

`Awesome team that taught me more than I could ask for and helped me develop my career.

Cons

CEO burnt the company to the ground and chased away his best talent and hard workers

Advice to Management

good luck

Chaotic

I worked at Angelvision Technologies full-time

Pros

Talented & cool people, great pay

Cons

Chaotic, repetitious, misogynistic regarding opportunities and roles in the sales department

Jul 7, 2015 – Director

Good idea, bad execution.

Former Employee - Production Coordinator
    Former Employee - Production Coordinator

Pros

The people. The group of employees that were there before the fall of AV were talented, passionate and incredibly patient. They were some of the best co-workers I have ever had.

Cons

The lack of innovation and creative growth made a product that used to be unique and interesting become just one marketing tool in a sea of others. Focus was on internal projects instead of client projects and that was incredibly frustrating to staff and customers. Revolving management meant that there was never a clear path to progression and no agreement on what the end product should be. All of those things, however, could be fixed. Not being paid on time, verbal harassment from the CEO and constant work related anxiety could not be fixed.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire to do the job you hired them for. Do not, under any circumstance, belittle, scream at or say anything inappropriate to your future employees. We know you could have fired any of us at any time, that's what it means to be a boss - a good boss never uses that fact as punishment. Listen more than you speak and think before you respond, be kind to your people and they will do a good job for you.

VP of Business Development

Pros

Great 10+ years working with fun and talented people.

Cons

Didn't end how I wanted or expected but can't regret 10 great years of success and fun.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

One of a kind experience

I worked at Angelvision Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't speak for what it might be like working there now as they have recently lost almost their entire staff and I believe most of the pros that I had in my time there have been mostly taken away. But when I was there I loved: -My coworkers. In every department, AV certainly knew how to hire. There was incredibly talented and hard working individuals in every room of the office. You couldn't find better customer service and sales people if you wanted to, and the design and animation team were incredible.They turned out some really killer stuff on some of the tightest deadlines I've seen. -I got to consistently use my creative brain in solving problems. -They use to have great insurance benefits, and even went as far to have free lunches on Fridays. I believe that this is no longer available though.

Cons

The CEO is the biggest con by far. I have literally seen him scream at people before. Everyone was uneasy when he walked into the building (which was whenever he felt like and very erratic). He has fired people for having a job that "is no longer necessary" but then turning around and filling the position with someone that (though she really did her best given the circumstances) had no experience with the position. In addition the CEO's tendencies to fly off the handle, he also just made me feel really uncomfortable with some of the comments he would make. The company is holding on by a thread. It's really too bad that despite all of the recent ads for job postings they say that "there are no egos" at Angelvision, it's biggest downfall is one giant ego. I was promised wage negotiations after being hired and then was shut down every time I brought them up. Not only were they not willing to renegotiate wages, but they were unwilling to compromise on any level. I gave multiple options. One of the worst times was when they started to delay paychecks. We would get one days notice that we wouldn't be receiving our money, and the CEO really felt like this was a non-issue. He made light of it at every opportunity and wouldn't offer anything but false hope about the direction of the company. We constantly felt like it was going to be any day that we would be packing up our stuff and going home.

Advice to Management

REBRAND. The only thing that can happen is to start over. TRUST the EXPERTS that you hire and quit letting your ego get in the way. You are not better than every employee at what they do. That's ridiculous. Do some serious self reflection. Take the advice and feedback that you are receiving and instead of butting your head against it, USE IT.

Jun 25, 2015 – Director

Worst CEO award goes to...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

I worked at Angelvision Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A great team of people used to work here.

Cons

The CEO was completely inattentive and ran the entire company into the ground. He blamed everyone else for his mistakes, and didn't listen to anybody's advice. He was absolutely the worst person I've ever worked for. I'm glad the company finally went out of business.

RSS Feed </> Embed