Angelvision Technologies

Great Company Ruined By CEO

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Tigard, OR

I worked at Angelvision Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

`Awesome team that taught me more than I could ask for and helped me develop my career.

Cons

CEO burnt the company to the ground and chased away his best talent and hard workers

Advice to Management

good luck

Tragic demise

I worked at Angelvision Technologies

Pros

Many employees at all levels contributed greatly to what was once a thriving and successful company. The core employment retention was solid with the average length of employment at around 8-10 years. While the approach to management was unconventional, it provided an environment for growth, discovery and development. Being an internet marketing firm, technology was ever changing and we needed to change with it. We were given the tools to stay current and provide our clients with the most up to date and knowledgeable advise and guidance available.

Cons

Decisions were made by the CEO which contributed to the ultimate demise of AngelVision. The company was at its best while the CEO was absent. The many comments and reviews are (unfortunately) accurate in that he would play games to pit employees against each other for no other reason other than to fill his own ego. The CEO does not have a genuine interest in the well being of the clients and currently continues to mislead his client base through nonsensical excuses. Does not take advise. Toxicity at its finest.

Advice to Management

Stop misleading your audience. The company is finished. What little support team you have now(if any) have been cherry picked by the CEO based on their ignorance and/or co dependent nature. Stop deceiving your client base.

Jul 21, 2015 – Director

This message is intended to those individuals who continue to post damaging statements on Glassdoor and similar websites. I am compelled to initiate lawsuits against those individuals who continue to ... More

Don't work with Angelvision

Former Employee - Vice President of Operations
    Former Employee - Vice President of Operations

I worked at Angelvision Technologies (More than 8 years)

Pros

When the company was more solvent, there were many talented, wonderful people to work with a shared vision.

Cons

Owner is distrustful and misleading. Known to fire people for disagreeing with him and generally unwilling to take advise from others.

Chaotic

I worked at Angelvision Technologies full-time

Pros

Talented & cool people, great pay

Cons

Chaotic, repetitious, misogynistic regarding opportunities and roles in the sales department

Jul 7, 2015 – Director

Good idea, bad execution.

Former Employee - Production Coordinator
    Former Employee - Production Coordinator

I worked at Angelvision Technologies

Pros

The people. The group of employees that were there before the fall of AV were talented, passionate and incredibly patient. They were some of the best co-workers I have ever had.

Cons

The lack of innovation and creative growth made a product that used to be unique and interesting become just one marketing tool in a sea of others. Focus was on internal projects instead of client projects and that was incredibly frustrating to staff and customers. Revolving management meant that there was never a clear path to progression and no agreement on what the end product should be. All of those things, however, could be fixed. Not being paid on time, verbal harassment from the CEO and constant work related anxiety could not be fixed.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire to do the job you hired them for. Do not, under any circumstance, belittle, scream at or say anything inappropriate to your future employees. We know you could have fired any of us at any time, that's what it means to be a boss - a good boss never uses that fact as punishment. Listen more than you speak and think before you respond, be kind to your people and they will do a good job for you.

VP of Business Development

I worked at Angelvision Technologies

Pros

Great 10+ years working with fun and talented people.

Cons

Didn't end how I wanted or expected but can't regret 10 great years of success and fun.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

One of a kind experience

I worked at Angelvision Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't speak for what it might be like working there now as they have recently lost almost their entire staff and I believe most of the pros that I had in my time there have been mostly taken away. But when I was there I loved: -My coworkers. In every department, AV certainly knew how to hire. There was incredibly talented and hard working individuals in every room of the office. You couldn't find better customer service and sales people if you wanted to, and the design and animation team were incredible.They turned out some really killer stuff on some of the tightest deadlines I've seen. -I got to consistently use my creative brain in solving problems. -They use to have great insurance benefits, and even went as far to have free lunches on Fridays. I believe that this is no longer available though.

Cons

The CEO is the biggest con by far. I have literally seen him scream at people before. Everyone was uneasy when he walked into the building (which was whenever he felt like and very erratic). He has fired people for having a job that "is no longer necessary" but then turning around and filling the position with someone that (though she really did her best given the circumstances) had no experience with the position. In addition the CEO's tendencies to fly off the handle, he also just made me feel really uncomfortable with some of the comments he would make. The company is holding on by a thread. It's really too bad that despite all of the recent ads for job postings they say that "there are no egos" at Angelvision, it's biggest downfall is one giant ego. I was promised wage negotiations after being hired and then was shut down every time I brought them up. Not only were they not willing to renegotiate wages, but they were unwilling to compromise on any level. I gave multiple options. One of the worst times was when they started to delay paychecks. We would get one days notice that we wouldn't be receiving our money, and the CEO really felt like this was a non-issue. He made light of it at every opportunity and wouldn't offer anything but false hope about the direction of the company. We constantly felt like it was going to be any day that we would be packing up our stuff and going home.

Advice to Management

REBRAND. The only thing that can happen is to start over. TRUST the EXPERTS that you hire and quit letting your ego get in the way. You are not better than every employee at what they do. That's ridiculous. Do some serious self reflection. Take the advice and feedback that you are receiving and instead of butting your head against it, USE IT.

Jun 25, 2015 – Director

Worst CEO award goes to...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

I worked at Angelvision Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A great team of people used to work here.

Cons

The CEO was completely inattentive and ran the entire company into the ground. He blamed everyone else for his mistakes, and didn't listen to anybody's advice. He was absolutely the worst person I've ever worked for. I'm glad the company finally went out of business.

A company in ruins

I worked at Angelvision Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees. These guys were some of the most talented and brightest people I've ever worked. The fact that most of them moved on to much greener pastures is proof of that. Decent benefits while they lasted.

Cons

The CEO razed the company in the blink of an eye. Whenever the CEO would enter the office (which was rare) the fun and creative atmosphere would be completely sucked out to be replaced by uncertainty and fear. The absent CEO would often prioritize unimportant company project over client projects that were already in threat of running out of scope and off budget. If employees expressed their concerns about anything they would be yelled and cursed at into submission, and sometimes even lose their jobs. In the rare and random occurrences the CEO showed up, he would often walk around the office yelling "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME." He particularly did this after firing someone the day prior. Employees would be promised raises and promotions with the understanding they would be taking on additional work. While they received the extra work, no additional compensation was ever awarded. Pay was well below the industry standard to begin with, the only reason people stuck it out so long was because of the people they worked with. Employees were forced to eventually walk out because we weren't getting paid. There were several disruptions in payroll and eventually we were told it was uncertain when, or even if, we would get paid. The CEO refused to acknowledge there were any issues and pretended that everything was fine. The truth though was that AngelVision didn't have enough money to cover office rent, payroll, benefits, and other outstanding loans.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Don't schedule meetings and then not show up. If you expect employees to work certain hours then you should be present and working those hours as well--not waking up at 1pm and canceling meetings because you're "sick." Trust your employees to do their jobs and actually listen to the input they have to give. Don't override them at every turn.

A throne of lies

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Angelvision Technologies

Pros

- great team of skilled people - variety of projects

Cons

- you are expected to work without getting paid on time, and sometimes, not get paid at all - severely underpaid - complete lack oh honesty and ethics from CEO - opinions/advices regarding process (or anything else) will be disregarded and there is a chance you might get fired if you disagree with the CEO - tense work environment. CEO tends to throw anger fits and blame others for "low morale"

RSS Feed </> Embed