Anham

Updated November 18, 2014
Updated November 18, 2014
1.1

Abul Huda Farouki

Lots of bored people, who are skilled but always waiting for the fires to start so they have more to do.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I worked at Anham

Pros

Good place to work if you don't care about not having corporate structure, individual goals, communication from management or pay raises. Because management has no idea what you do, you can have a good work/life balance. Benefits are 100% paid by ANHAM.

Cons

Management does not care about the professional well being or longevity of their employees. I was shipped out many times with nearly no notice. Zero respect from managers. No meetings to communicate company information. No yearly employee evaluations. No annual raises. No written expectations other than to show up 9-5 and do anything they ask. Most people are bored and many surf all day. Management is so paranoid that they have installed video monitors throughout the office.

Trust your employees to do the right thing. Pay them competitively, assess contributions on paper and get rid of the dead weight that provide no value. Cameras and yelling are good for raising bratty kids not for grooming professionals.

HORRIBLE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at Anham full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can surf the internet freely, and the people you work with are great.

Cons

NO structure or promotion potentional in the company. Upper Management save a few select people were BEYOND HORRIBLE. Rude, demeaning, hostile work environment.

Train your employees, allow them to be proactive.

Sad and depressing

Former Employee - They Don't Give Proper Titiles in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - They Don't Give Proper Titiles in Washington, DC

I worked at Anham full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you want to have no responsibilities, no accountability and basically spend most of your time waiting for some major problem to start that has nothing to do with you, and be called in to solve it but given no authority or responsibility, then this is the place for you.

Cons

No career path, senior management do not care about the employees, in fact they so distrust people that they installed over 20 cameras to watch what everyone was doing.

Get rid of the "gate keeper" and the "poker player" who both have cost the company $ and reputation, make sure that the people in charge know what they are doing and stop letting senior managers blame other departments for their own short comings.

Slow sad death.... but there maybe light at the end of the tunnel....

Former Employee - Ebf02fcf@opayq.com in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Ebf02fcf@opayq.com in Washington, DC

I worked at Anham as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The company has some excellent staff, and good prospects. The change at the top to a new CEO is (potentially) giving this company a life saving opportunity.

Cons

Current senior management are terrible, have no understanding of how to manage modern staff. If you were in a sweat shop, their management would be perfect.

Get with the program. You need to listen to staff who are trying to do their best, you need to give clear direction to people, you need,.... ah why bother, you will never listen. Maybe the new CEO can clear out the dross and get things going.

If only I could give zero stars...

I have been working at Anham full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can do absolutely nothing all day and be bored out of your mind, and would likely never get fired.

Many of the employees (coworkers) are awesome people.

Cons

Everything.

The management is beyond incompetent and so "Old School", and I mean zero flexibility with schedules, the management is super private and sketchy about everything. If you try to contribute in any way, the managers get suspicious of you. You basically go in, do the little work you have, if any, spend the rest of the day bored out of your mind, and KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN. I am not kidding, pro-activity is the quickest way to get in trouble, demoted, or fired, and I have seen it happen.

90% of the employees are underpaid so management can make the big bucks. I mean people leave this company and make double what they made here... It is that level of underpayment with zero appreciation.

Dead end job. The only way you get promoted is if your immediate supervisor quits or dies (because despite the fact that many of them do nothing anyway, they won't get fired). The number of people who actually do work is so minimal. And it is not the employees, the managers trust NO ONE, give out no work, and then wait until when the deadline was due last week to get stuff started. Basically, they are bodies to rationalize a larger overhead...

Also, they are the most unorganized company. I am constantly running into roadblocks trying to do my job because I have asked for access to something and they are reluctant to give it to me, despite actually needing it to get something done (forget about trying to proactively do anything, like I said). And I am not talking about classified or secret info, this is stuff I need to do the job I was hired for.

DO NOT WORK HERE. I cannot stress it enough. You will never get a raise, never get promoted, and not only not learn or develop at all as a professional, you will lose any skill or work ethic you ever had. The apathy here is contagious.

This is where careers go to die.

Appreciate employees, give promotions and raises to employees, and start implementing reforms because many of your policies do not reflect a normal and healthy work environment.

Dead End Job

I worked at Anham full-time

Pros

You can do pretty much whatever you want with zero supervision.

Cons

Company does not look out for the employee well being nor does it train or professionally develop employee skill sets. Incredibly cheap, poor management, poor employee performance due to lack of motivated managers with zero experience. You will loose your skill set for sure.. If you have a clearance they will not renew it, and they will use you until your's expires. Then they will either fire you or push you into a corner.

Hire real managers, not family connections that want to feel important.