Anheuser-Busch Reviews

Reset

1. Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - GMT in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - GMT in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch (More than a year)

Pros

Working at AB is great. The company has an awesome meritocratic, results-driven informal culture Its greatest asset, its people, are by-and-large talented, hard-working, and nice. Managers are great. In addition, to helping employees with the day-to-day, they take a stake in their employees and their career development. Overall working at AB is a really great experience I would recommend enthusiastically to anyone.

Cons

No cons to speak of

Advice to Management

N/A

2. Work Hard, Play Hard, Get Paid well

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Anheuser Busch expects a lot from its employees and rewards them for their hard work with professional development and very competitive salary. The culture is relaxed in terms of open lines of communication and dress but is focused on results and achieving its goals. I genuinely enjoy almost all of my coworkers and there are frequently happy hours and company sponsored events to enjoy your coworkers as friends.

Cons

Deadlines can be difficult to meet and sometimes people are too busy to give you a minute of their time to collaborate or help each other. Departments and roles are constantly changing which create a lot of inefficiency.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding the go-getters of the company who are too busy and driven to complain and let go of those who are not onboard with the mission.

3. Drinking from a firehose.

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tons of cross-functional experience Lot of exposure to senior leadership Amazing opportunities within the company Very comprehensive benefits, including housing and transportation

Cons

Have to be comfortable being uncomfortable Not the place for someone who wants rigidity and structure in their daily objectives

Advice to Management

Continue rewarding employees for hard work and effort, and continue to work on employee engagement through fun activities and out of work collaborative efforts.

5. Great Opportunities for Recent College Graduates

Current Employee - Global Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Global Management Trainee

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Anheuser-Busch is arguably one of the most exciting companies to work for as a recent college graduate. In addition to being a beer company, there is a huge amount of opportunity for upward mobility if you work hard, deliver and stay humble. This company truly compensates it's employees based on meritocracy - those that perform well will be rewarded accordingly! There is a stellar 401k plan, medical, dental and vision plan in addition to many leadership training/development programs for RCG's. If you're looking for a place to work after college seriously consider working at Anheuser-Busch.

Cons

Working for a beer company means that you are under serious scrutiny to not abuse alcohol. This isn't exactly a con, but you need to be very cognizant of your limits with alcohol and ALWAYS drink responsibly.

Advice to Management

Increase awareness of the environmental/community initiatives that happen in Anhesuer-Busch. These are great publicity opportunities that most people don't know about.

6. Working for a beer company is as sweet as it sounds

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity, great pay, and great people. Plenty of chances to advance within company. Unlike many big companies in the sense that they truly care about their employees and give you everything you need to succeed.

Cons

A pro most of the time, but the only con I can think of is that people work very hard and are sometimes overly competitive.

7. Great company, safety and people focused

Current Employee - Group Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AB is very focused on improving all of their employees, they have a great internal learning system that gives employees access to continuous improvement. Every manager I've had has strongly encouraged me to take advantage of all of these opportunities. In addition to this they strongly encourage learning about lean six sigma. Safety is a priority and no task is too important to be done in an unsafe manner.

Cons

The majority of the employees here are very career and results focused, so if you are not up for a challenge the work environment can seem cutthroat.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people they are the core of your business and remember safety should always be a top priority!

8. Great Culture and Opportunities

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

Pros

- Great company culture at AB - Lots of perks for employees and strong benefits program - There is a lot of opportunity to advance in the company

Cons

- Can be long hours during peak times of the year

9. Spectacular Organization !!!

Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been employed by Anheuser-Busch for almost 25 years and I could not be happier with my career. First of all, the culture is just right for me--casual, genuine, and results-driven. All of my colleagues are supportive and intelligent. It also helps that they all enjoy board games just as much as I do!! I recommend anyone interested in this industry or simply looking for wonderful experiences pursue a career at this company.

Cons

Employee discounts at the campus restaurants should be higher!

10. Great Opportunities for Growth and Challenging Yourself

Current Employee - Group Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

On my start date, I was told that my growth within this company is based on merit and this company has stood by that principle ever since. It is a fast-paced environment and challenges me to grow in ways I couldn't have imagined. Even in a supply position, I have been able to touch upon numerous other functions.

Cons

You need to be very confident in your abilities and trust that speaking up can change the status-quo.

Advice to Management

Become more visible

11. Company commited to its people

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time

Pros

Anheuser-Busch has placed an incredible focus on the development of its people. They truly do believe that their people are the only sustainable advantage that they have, reflected through their commitment to professional development. All the way up to Senior Management, they realize how important their employees are.

Cons

Largely still a pro, but employees work really hard here. Everyone is very driven, and they are rewarded for their hard work, so there is definitely a culture surrounding that meritocracy and hard work.

RSS Feed </> Embed