Anheuser-Busch

Updated September 29, 2014
2.9

Anheuser-Busch President, North America Luiz Fernando Edmond
Luiz Fernando Edmond

Pros
  • Casual work environment, little accountability, free beer once a month (in 33 reviews)

• 2 free cases of beer/month--even for interns (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is moving in the wrong direction (in 16 reviews)

• Long hours are expected, but then again, where aren't they (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Manipulative, Lack of Common Sense...Only the Young Survive

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual work environment, little accountability, free beer once a month.

Cons

All while preaching "One team, one dream", they will deceive and manipulate. I know of several people who were pushed out of their job or gotten rid of in "creative" ways. They will do what they can so former employees cannot collect unemployment.

They care only about the budget, but not with a common sense frugality. They will take away the water coolers, but spend money on decorations for the office. They will deny sales reps, signage and POS for their accounts to have in-house posters printed for the meeting room.

They hire young, unqualified managers, passing over qualified people who have been with the company for years. They falsify timecards so they don't have to pay OT.

It's their way or the highway. When they take over a distributor they change everything, but not for the better. They make everything more complicated and expensive. Our water to the building has been shut off (think no flushing toilets, not water to wash hands), the phones were nearly shut off, the driver's had to get fuel from a much more expensive supplier because they refuse to pay their bills before 120 days.

They no longer credit accounts when beer is not delivered or there is breakage - they literally say "it's their word against ours". We have lost many accounts because of this one policy alone.

There is no concern for the customer any longer. It's almost as if they do not understand they must actually SEEL beer in order to make money, and in order to make money you need customers/accounts.

It has a very foreign feel to it...including important documents that are written with an obvious poor understanding of English.

If you want to stay in business and not over taken by your competition, actually pay attention the local market...not everyone will buy Budweiser and Stella if you "just push hard enough".

Treat your low-level employees like the mean something, because they are doing the REAL work, w/o them there will be nothing FOR you to manage.

Fun work environment, poor handling of high potential employees

Current Employee - Purchasing Agent  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Purchasing Agent in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun work environment
    Very open lines of communication
    Employees given the autonomy and resources needed to complete personal targets
    Work/life balance is satisfactory

Cons

Though communication with upper management is common, actual change is very slow to happen. It seems repeated suggestions on how to retain employees fall on deaf ears, resulting in high turnover.
    Promises of opportunities to advance, though no control over actual career path.
    Discrepancy in the compensation of similar level positions across departments.
    Departments held to different standards with regard to targets.

Who doesn't want to work for a beer company?

Former Employee - Enterprise Architect  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Enterprise Architect in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, free beer, cool history, and did I mention free beer?

Cons

Resistant to change, and long time to make a decision

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun business but not super family friendly

Former Employee - Management Position  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Management Position in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Move up at the speed of your own abilities. There are politics, but not as heavy as some other corporations as emphasis is placed on performance. Pay is competitive. Can be lucrative if you are higher-up and stay for an extended period of time.

Cons

Definitely skewed toward work in the work-life equation. Potentially not the best fit for those with families who want to spend time and/or be involved with kids or their activities. Potentially a great fit for singles who are very mobile and ambitious.

My god....worst place I have ever worked....

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time for less than a year

Pros

The free beer was nice...I'm sure that will be gone at some point...

Cons

I don't know that I can put it all into words. It was the worst experience of my professional career. First of all I was in IT, which is probably a different experience than 95% of other employees there. I have never been in a situation like this, where literally everyone in my immediate area was incompetent. Most surfed the INET all day or played poker on their iPhones....while complaining how things used to be in the "old" company. I was shocked on a daily bases, by the total lack of professionalism and competence. Mgmt seemed very aloof and unconcerned. They were more interested in keeping their own jobs and meeting documented benchmarks for bonus purposes, which turned into a large paper shuffle, with little or no actual work being done. Don't let the InBev, "we love all of our employees" line, fool you either. Your benefits might be cheap...but InBev is constantly searching for ways to outsource jobs and bring costs down further...so Brito and his ilk can continue to get million dollar bonuses. So enjoy that super cheat health insurance and nice 401k while you can, because you could walk in one day and find out your job got outsourced to Brazil.

I don't know what to say, if having an army of mindless drones spinning wheels in a constant struggle to squeeze out a $1 worth of production for .20, then hey, great job...

The checks keep cashing so I keep showing up.

Current Employee - Operator  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Operator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good hourly pay and benefits although they are negotiating a new contract as I write this. They have taken so much away from salaried personnel and we are waiting to see what they'll try and take away from us, the people who do the actual work.

Cons

They tell you it's safety before production but their actions speak just the opposite. If you DO get hurt it's on you, totally your fault no matter what. Too many Catch 22's, too many word games.

Your "culture of safety" is a sham, it is a culture of your bonus based on production.

Great to work for industry leader

I worked at Anheuser-Busch full-time

Pros

Pride in company, well known, great benefits. Lots of opportunity for advancement, especially if you are willing to relocate. (I wasn't.) Flexible schedule was great.

Cons

Long hours are expected, but then again, where aren't they? Not sure the environment is the same now that they've been bought by Inbev. Have heard mixed reviews.

Great company with so much growth!

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch

Pros

Beer, training/development, great atmosphere, free beer every month, salary and benefits.

Cons

Might be in same position for years but network, network, network!

Instead of bringing so many people in from outside and Ivy Leagues, give employees already inside the company a chance.

No work-life balance. Everyone feels overworked.

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Informal culture, not a lot of politics,

Cons

Cost-cutting left and right, company says that it values "healthy conflict" , but in reality values conflict for the sake of conflict...

Make employee development part of Sr. Management KPI's. It is cheaper to develop from within than hire from the outside.

Bad Dream Turns Nightmare After 20 Years

Current Employee - Maintenance Electrician
    Current Employee - Maintenance Electrician

I have been working at Anheuser-Busch full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Love the type of work I do. Good vacation package.

Cons

Poor wages and benefits - and getting worse - befitting a second rate company. Treated like a school kid when sat in a room with a couple of managers being grilled on my knowledge of company acronyms. Profit first, safety somewhere, morale nowhere.

Keep your resume' up to date. You might be next.

Anheuser-Busch Photos

Sand Statue
Fairfield, CA

+ Add Photo

Worked for Anheuser-Busch? Contribute to the Community!