Animal Health International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Animal Health International CEO John Adent

John Adent

Get out of it, what you put into it.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    Greeley, CO

ProsLots of responsibility. Autonomous work environment.

ConsCompany in transition, Physical work environment leaves a lot to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus.

I had a great opportunity to work for a good company in a steady industry with good management and good people.

Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, SAP experience, hands-on management, training, company values.

ConsCommunication was too often through email.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

New company is better than the old.

ProsI love working for Animal Health International. I was sad to see all the negative comments from ex employees who lost their jobs during the merger. That was a tough time, but boy have times changed. It is a great work environment with co workers who love what they do and have fun at work. You can feel the positive energy when you come to work.

ConsThe health benefits are ok, but not great. The company does have a 401K, but only at a 3% match.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep spreading the news about the success of the new company!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Absolutely no hope, please do not work here.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe industry Animal Health competes in is growing at an incredible pace, all competitors are comping well into the double digits, that is not the case with this company so draw your own conclusions.

ConsToo many to list. The potential was there, this company had first mover advantage and could have really been special, but the quality of executive team, unit leaders, and field leaders is really poor. Basically every aspect of the business is failing and nobody wants to make any changes, the same retread leaders are moved around and find reasons to blame everyone other than themselves for the poor results of the company. They have really no chance of pulling out of a tailspin with more established national competitors having already made tough decisions and now finding increasing market share, as result there is no room left at the table for this company.

At the end of the day it is a good ole' boy company that has no identity.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally no point, management does not want to here any dissension or competing viewpoints, they have it all figured out and the results speak for themselves.

Territory Sales Manager

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is very large and has a lot of resources along with capital to develop new resources.

ConsThe company is very process oriented vs. people oriented. I question the role of outside sales representatives in the organization's long term business model

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your customers and the needs of your customers prior to planning the future of the company.

salary

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

Prosgood work hours and fleixbility

Conslow pay, lack of communication

Advice to Senior Managementincrease pay

Ecommerce Content Administrator

Ecommerce Administrator (Former Employee)
    Westlake, TX

ProsLocation and staff at the Westlake location. The offered parking garage which is a plus in Texas. Also it is close to many cities like Southlake, Grapevine, and Roanoke.

ConsThe biggest downside is the salary for the job duties and responsibilities performed. There also was never any opportunities to grow through training or job advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more to your employees and invest in them to keep the good ones.

Animal Health International/Walco was a great company to work for prior to it's acquisition in 2011.

Rebate Administrator (Former Employee)
    Westlake, TX

ProsOutstanding personnel in Westlake, TX.

ConsDebt was quite large under the Walco operation.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew Management is very unapproachable.

Circling the drain

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsAnimal health industry, enjoyed speaking to veterinarians and techs on a daily basis.

ConsManagement, pay, overall company structure. The merger between Lextron and Walco was not ideal. Many people lost jobs or had their pay cut to a point where they were forced out.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your sales reps.

Inconsistant Management, terrible training,lack of leadership

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Ocala, FL

ProsHealth Insurance,close to home, overworked manager helped when she could

ConsI was hired for my Equine knowledge and they placed me in an 80% dairy territory. I was up for the challange but could not meet their unrealistic expectations in a very short time. Very poor training and lack of support from management and fellow co workers. Their SAP software is beyond ridiculious. I was taking over territory from a long time employee who was impatient, hostile, did not want to give up her accounts.Plus she was offsite in the mid west. Terrible environment and poor managment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe immediate supervisor of the call center had way too many responsibilities on her shoulders. Seemed to me that some of her workload coulld of been delegated to her manager.

Worked for Animal Health International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Animal Health International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Animal Health International CEO John Adent. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Animal Health International employees.