Ann Taylor Reviews

Reset
3.3
Ann Taylor President, CEO, and Director Kay Krill
Kay Krill

Pros
  • Great discount for the employees with additional opportunities for coupons (in 89 reviews)

• Good employee discount at 50% but the product is crap quality- it's like Forever 21 for adults (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • Way to much focus on getting new credit cards or convincing cardholders to "upgrade (in 71 reviews)

• Despite what they say about being a company that "understands women" there is not much work-life balance (in 27 reviews)

1,090 Employee Reviews

Good Company

I worked at Ann Taylor

Pros

Incredible internship program and flawless integration into full time

Cons

Tended to be very clique oriented when picking people for opportunities

2. Merchandise Planner

I have been working at Ann Taylor

Pros

Great company! Heavy work-life balance. Good workload and fun team

Cons

New York office is right in times square.

3. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I got along with all of the employees. I loved getting a clothing discount. I loved greeting all of the guests.

Cons

I was not a huge fan of staying extremely late for floor sets, but it is a necessary evil in retail. I also hated when customers took more than they were advised to in the fitting rooms after I had carefully placed the garments into their rightful positions.

Advice to Management

I really didn't have any problems with my management!

5. Great part time job, high turnover in management

Former Employee - Ann Taylor Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Ann Taylor Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ann Taylor

Pros

Great atmosphere, constantly applying fashion preferences to style sessions for clients. No commission, which is great for building real experiences with customers. Staff had a positive attitude.

Cons

There was a high turnover rate among the management. I was there for 2 years and outlasted 7-10 people in management positions (2 were store managers) which made it somewhat difficult to track. When I left there were 5 managers leaving, and it placed a lot of pressure on the 2 left to work overtime, which caused even more people to leave.

Advice to Management

Rework your system for credit card applications. There's little to no incentive for associates to get people to sign up for the card but a lot I pressure from corporate on performance

6. Sales Associate

I have been working at Ann Taylor

Pros

Flexible schedule, positive work environment, employee discount

Cons

Not many hours, few employees on the floor at Any given time

Advice to Management

Additional discounts in addition to regular store promotions that customers get

Great Company Culture

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Red Bank, NJ
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Red Bank, NJ

I worked at Ann Taylor (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive company. Takes time to listen to concerns & actively will work with you to find solutions. Supports their managers at the store level and you really feel a sense of family and everyone being in it together. They really emphasis hiring based on fit. Each employee really is the brand.

Cons

Unrealistic sales goals. Just like most other retail companies cut the payroll hours and expected to run every aspect of sales floor, shipment, floor set etc most of us clocked out so we wouldn't go into OT and would work off the clock to get everything done. There is a ton of pressure to meet unrealistic sales goals. You will be screamed at if you don't.

Advice to Management

Find happy median between giving adequate coverage, coming in at payroll budget & set us up for success. The credit card is horrible. No one wants it. I get that you don't have to pay a processing fee if a customer pays with an AT card but your interest rate is awful and offers no incentive. Most customers rather use a Chase Freedom & at least get the points.

8. Good place to work

I have been working at Ann Taylor

Pros

Fun environment and great clients coming through the door. You get to establish strong relationships with customers and peers. Classic style clothing that's decent quality with great associate discounts. Flexible scheduling for family and life balance. Great benefits at reasonable cost.

Cons

Little to no communication from DMs, little support to stores. Payroll has been cut so much that it's impossible to staff to meet client needs and wardrobe clients like we should be doing. Like that we can send out product through online orders but we need payroll to support this so it doesn't pull from the client experience.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your store leaders about what's going on in the company. Stop changing promos every 3 days. Hold DMs accountable for their stores- my store hasn't had a visit since December week 1 2014 (8months ago!!!).

9. Sales lead

I have been working at Ann Taylor part-time

Pros

Great work environment. Not really strenuous work. Overall I enjoy it and the company.

Cons

Retail hours but that's an obvious.

10. Sales associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at Ann Taylor (More than a year)

Pros

Demonstrated skill in running an efficient fast paced store. Anility work well with individuals.

Cons

Unstable hours, cut down, lower salary.

11. Great.

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Ann Taylor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people. Treated like an associate not an intern. Projects, group seminars, guest speakers throughout the program. Really great internship.

Cons

There has been no con of interning here so far. The only con would be its location. It's in time square.

Showing 1,090 of 1,102 reviews