Ann Taylor Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
3.3

Ann Taylor President, CEO, and Director Kay Krill
Kay Krill

Pros
  • Great discount for the employees with additional opportunities for coupons (in 72 reviews)

• Great employee discount, upbeat attitude, quality corporate morals, flexible scheduling (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • All the time the store whats more credit cards more sales , never is good enough (in 63 reviews)

• Despite what they say about being a company that "understands women" there is not much work-life balance (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company and brand values

Former Employee - Co-Manager
    Former Employee - Co-Manager

I worked at Ann Taylor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company stands by its values and really invests in the development of its people. It is a quality brand that focuses on customer service and creating a genuine connection with its customers

Cons

Opportunity to grow in the company was limited for me at the time which forced me to move outside of the company to seek the opportunity I was looking for.

Great learning experience

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ann Taylor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Culture, Great Women, Clothes are on trend and afforadable

Cons

Work Life balance, work load, nature of retail climate.

Work life balance is not felt at the store level

Decent experience

I have been working at Ann Taylor

Pros

Awesome place to learn about all aspects of the retails industry. Plus the discounts were amazing!

Cons

i do not have any

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you want to make NO money

Former Employee - Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ann Taylor

Pros

Approachable and Nice management. Good discount and that is about it...

Cons

You don't make commission, so that is not encouraging for people to hustle. I only worked there for 6 weeks. I was moving and I need to make some extra cash for the move. I would not ordinarily work without commission, but if did for the 6 weeks. It is idiotic to think that people are going to actually try to make more sales when not a dime of that money will ever reach their pocket. Plus the hours were so low. Like 5 hours a week sometimes? I don't think so...

If you want people to work hard, reward them with commission. No one with half a brain is going to want to sell and no they will never get any of that money. Common sense.

Company And Store..... Sinking Ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ann Taylor part-time for less than a year

Pros

Downhill.... Sub-Par... Awful...Poor Management.... Cheap Clothes.... See Below.

Cons

Management. District Manager hired sales lead, manager, and co-manager and they are not up to par. Manager only stayed with the store for two months. Sales lead and Co-Manager don't appear to be a good fit. They don't follow the dress code but expect everyone else too. They look like they just rolled out of the bed. The Co-Manager hires girls that are definitely not a good fit. Some of the girls look like they are 1 step from working in a strip club. The clothes are cheaply made. The suit jackets went from being 100% wool to polyester blend. The staff reflect the quality of the clothing.... fast fashion or Forever 21. District Manager only promotes friends from the outside.

Company needs an overhaul. The company is 60 years old and has lost its identity. Definitely a sinking ship

Run the other way!

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Ann Taylor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee discount, salary was decent but considering I worked 60-75 hours/ week that is relative.

Cons

Where do I start? No payroll hours, hellish store sets which could never get completed because shipment was always late, DM who wouldn't approve any new hires which left the salaried management to pick up the slack, disorganized, constant promo changes, online flash sales that forced the stores to fulfill hundreds of orders with no payroll, unrealistic credit goals, demoralizing DM who made me lose confidence in my abilities. I have since found a new position with a company that values me, and gives the support I need.

Chose DM's who actually have worked at the store level, stop with the constant promos, it cheapens the brand!

Nice store, great management, busy store

Current Employee - Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate  in  Panama City Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate in Panama City Beach, FL

I have been working at Ann Taylor part-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, lots of clients coming in, busy

Cons

Typical retail turnover, typical retail pay

Delegate and trust your associates to complete tasks

Great Team to work with

Current Employee - Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Ann Taylor part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fifty Percent Discount, Flexible hours, great team

Cons

Personal Growth is difficult, compensation

Ann taylor was the worst retail experience EVER..

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Ann Taylor for more than a year

Pros

I made a good salary ..BUT .. When you think of all that was demanded of me .. The salary SUCKED!

Cons

Floor sets .. not enough payroll hours .. my Co manager was from hell...and the stress was unbelievable!

Hire a team that can do the job ... stop the belittling .. left feeling Terrible about myself often .. I'm glad I'm out of there .

Run the other way from Ann Taylor.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ann Taylor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount on foreign-made, poorly- constructed clothing, yay!

Cons

See pros, oh and here are a few more cons: non-present dm and rm, poor work/life balance, aka no balance, unrealistic sales and credit goals clearly not in alignment with the economic conditions or outlook for the United States, tremendous workload and zero payroll to support.., example: from 9 to 10am, do all store opening procedures ( administrative and cleaning), clear off 60 desperate emails from dm in this sinking ship company, change all promo signs for the day, usually 15 or so, put away all abandoned clothing from fitting rooms (about 4 racks), and process online orders that have been sourced to your store. Do all of this with just yourself and one other associate! Good luck!

Stop expecting the world from your team while you sit at home as a dm or rm taking conference calls.

Worked for Ann Taylor? Contribute to the Community!