Ann Taylor Reviews

1,110 Employee Reviews

1. They really work you!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Ann Taylor part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I have met working there have been so great. The 50% discount is great and the prominent performance 40% coupons you get when you get when your store makes all their monthly goals are great. There are also additional coupons the company gives you as well.The flexibility is pretty good works around me school schedule. I have also gained a lot of skills working here and learned a lot about myself

Cons

It seems like the company is just creating more and more things for you to do as an employee, credit cards email capture, online orders, fundraising, it's a lot. very often we are short staff so your workload gets a lot heavier and there is always pressure to do more with less time. Not much room for growth and they hire outside the company for upper positions. Raises are often just a few cent at least for me and there is high turnover. Upper management will come into the store and add or remove things that may help you as an employee do your job better say an additional folding table because they don't like the way it looks or an additional go back rack and most of the time we need those things.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employee and their working conditions because we are the one who have to serve the customer.

Has It's Pros and Cons

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Ann Taylor part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employee discount is 50% on Full Price Merchandise, then every season you get a voucher for 6-9 specific items (a dress, a pant, a top, etc.) for 75% OFF.

Cons

The company tends to be incredibly fake. They promise advancement, and may put you up so far, but then hire outside people when you've been doing all the work. They expect you to treat your PART TIME job as your career; meaning they get upset when you don't have completely open availability. The company is also a bit prejudiced when it comes to who they hire and the way they look. If someone doesn't have incredible style, a perfect personality, and the ability to do everything with very little instruction-they're just not "Ann". The company tries to put itself into the same category as Saks, or Barney's and its just simply not...

3. Brand Rep

I worked at Ann Taylor

Pros

Great discounts on clothing - 50%

Cons

Too many credit card sales requirements. Hours are cut f you don't meet it.

Sales Associate

I worked at Ann Taylor

Pros

Good clothes - nice pay - fun coworkers - I liked the training and felt comfortable assisting customers. I also enjoyed the employee discount.

Cons

Manager was not friendly and did not pay attention to scheduling conflicts. She also was trying to not let me quit due to a school conflict.

Advice to Management

Realize that not everyone can stay at one job forever. I had school to focus on and having a manager giving me anxiety about quitting my job was not good.

6. Store Manager

I worked at Ann Taylor

Pros

Great people that work together as a team. Discount, great customers that are loyal to the brand.

Cons

Little payroll, room for growth, dealing with shoplifters, emails while off the clock

Advice to Management

Provide more payroll and it will pay in the sales. This will enable us to spend more time being a stylist to our customers in the wardrobing room.

7. A good college experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Juan, PR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Juan, PR

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Responsibilities in all areas of the store provide more knowledge of the retail industry. Employees have to work the cashier, backroom, sales floor and store visuals.

Cons

Inconsistent weekly hours and ever changing schedules make it hard for the employee to plan ahead for other commitments outside of work. Also management set high goals for sales and credit card openings with very little incentive to employees and no commission.

Advice to Management

To provide employees with better hourly rates or better incentives to promote sales. Also to provide employees with more consistent hours per week to give the employee economical comfort.

8. Co manager

I have been working at Ann Taylor

Pros

Great discount, great co workers, great clothes, 50% off at the Store and LOFT

Cons

Worst company to work for. Crazy Store Managers, young first time Managers that don't have a clue of what their doing

Advice to Management

Get it together!!!! Care for your employees. Ask too much to pay NOTHING!!!!

I hope that it gets better!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

I worked at Ann Taylor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great women working in store, most love fashion and helping others look and feel their best. Clothing is improving and it appears that a new owner will bring new life into the company.

Cons

As one would expect with a mostly female team, there is a bit of judgement and favoratism from leadership. If you are on the good side, you are golden, if not, it will not matter how hard you work or what value you might add. Disappointing since everyone is above the age of 18.

Advice to Management

Look into the behavior and leadership of your Regionals and District Managers. There is a reason why turnover is so high.

10. Sales Lead Position

Former Employee - Full Time Sales Lead in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Full Time Sales Lead in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ann Taylor full-time

Pros

Resources available, friendly staff, growth in leadership, you learn a lot if you apply yourself

Cons

Resources are available upon request, upper-management and corporate are not considerate, heavy work hours, pay does not met standards

Advice to Management

Corporate only appreciates SM and Co-Managers. They need to appreciate their part-time managers and they need to receive recognition.

You wear a lot of hats

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Kenosha, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Kenosha, WI

I worked at Ann Taylor part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, fun environment, different jobs to perform every day, great clothing and great mission

Cons

upper management, illogical visual changes, low pay, outlet clients are looking for too much of a bargain, achievement of goals that were set too high, relying on opening a lot of credit cards

Showing 1,110 of 1,121 reviews