Anna's Linens

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alan Gladstone

Fun time, only temporary.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Lithonia, GA

ProsVery easy, friendly atmosphere.

ConsIt was only temporary. I was hired to remodel the store.

easy job if you're looking for a few hours a week

Proseasy job, easy going management, if they like you they will promote you, if you make goals you do get bonuses, this would be a good job for somebody looking for VERY part time if your in school or maybe a stay at home parent

Conshours suck for sales associate. only about 10-15 hours weekly

Advice to Senior Managementhours suck for sales associate. only about 10-15 hours weekly

A life changing experience

ProsA great place to grow, learn, and challenge yourself.

ConsAs a speciality textile retailer, we are impacted heavily by the economy more than our competitors regardless of our lower price point and above average quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your store employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible

Prosno pros I did not have a great time while I was working there. I did not enjoy it. Environment was not friendly.

ConsHorrible manager, he was rude everyday, looked like he hated his job and took out his anger on the workers.

Hell on earth!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMet a few good people.

Nothing else but I need at least 20 words so maybe this will be enough.

ConsThis company is a joke if I could give it negative stars I would. Management needs a serious reality check. They expect way too much, HELLO! You're only paying $8/hr. I understand customer service is necessary but this place takes it way too far. What's with all the greetings? The talking up promotions? The FOAs? Customer surveys? You're expected to constantly stalk and annoy the customers and basically force them to buy thing they don't want and end up returning anyways! And everything they sell is overpriced and can definitely be found at other stores at a way cheaper price. And not mention that it's all crap from china that is getting passed off as "high end", yea right. And if you don't sell, you will definitely hear it from your passive aggressive manager. If you're in desperate need of a job, go ahead and apply. If not, I highly suggest you explore other options. It gets worse but I doubt I even have enough room to list everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a life and don't take it so seriously. I get that this is how you pay your bills but that doesn't mean you have to lack compassion and understanding. It's not you're employees fault that you hate your life so cool it with the power trips. No matter how important you THINK you are, no one really takes you seriously so chill and have fun with it. Don't make everyone's life miserable when it can all be so easy. ITS JUST RETAIL! Your Company only cares about management when the associates are the ones actually working and making those greedy pigs money, so a little incentive would be nice.

Not a good outlook

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsI gained a lot of personal skills working here, we had decent benefits and pretty good office culture. Lenient with breaks and lunches.

ConsCompany is doing a lot of layoffs. The outlook doesn't look good for the company. I also applied for a lot of interoffice promotions and was denied all of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what your employees are trying to tell you in terms of what the company can do to increase profits.

Lacks a since of understanding

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsFellow coworkers are amazing.
    Pay is all right.

ConsWay too many to list.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees of the stores more often because we are there so we know what goes on.
    We have a lot of tech problems that have gone on for a long time and have yet to be fixed.

Horrible

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsMy DM was amazing and was very supportive . There was a 20 percent discount.

ConsI was a manager but felt nothing like one because I was always on the floor stocking. There is no where near enough payroll hours to get tasks done while tending to customers. One associate must always be in the front while the only other associate is in the back doing freight, merchandise moves, and helping customers. The company has no clue how to purchase the right product, therefore you are always out of what's in demand and overstocked on what doesn't sell. Trucks are a joke. We always receive ad product AFTER the ad begins, upsetting customers and causing them to no longer shop with us. I have never worked for for a company that seemed to care so little about workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workers! What you are doing now isn't working at all!

Not worth the $8 an hour!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsGet paid $8 an hour and we get 20% employee discount on all non sale items.

ConsHours suck they vary. One minute your getting 20 the next your getting 15. Customers are extremely needy. Manager never schedules 3-4 people it's always 2. One working the register the other on the sales floors. Communication is horrible. And we're steady getting hit with freight every week when there's no room in the stock room so we have to put boxes on the floor. The trucks don't care about fragile items so we're always damaging items we just pulled off the truck.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being cheap and give your associates the full part time hours you know the 32 hours a week! Don't depend on your sale associates to do all the work stop being lazy! Change how we address customers when they walk through the door nobody wants to be bombarded with "Hello welcome to annas today we have on sale blah blah blah... Would you like a copy of our sales ad"!! Customers have said it's annoying and it makes them not want to come back.

Learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJob Advancement; communication with upper management if needed

Consmay not get enough hours

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the employees of the company

Worked for Anna's Linens? Contribute to the Community!