Annalect Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Scott Hagedorn

a great place to work and grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Annalect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

smart people, people are willing to listen and want to do the right thing. There is no notion of everyone is out for themselves mentality that I have felt. You work hard here, we play hard as a team. great work life balance. You have a CEO whose office you can walk in to talk to and have your ideas heard. People who care about the quality of the work that gets delivered and drive to get the best to deliver the best and be the best.

Cons

every company deals with some level of ambiguity and change, strategies change and directions change just like the markets. If we didn't we wouldn't still be here. If you can be comfortable with defining your path within the change and thriving in it, this is the place to be.

Deceitful, Manipulative, Tons of Office Politics

I worked at Annalect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn a few things or two, but expect most work to be self taught as there's no training program. Take on approaches to solve many companies problem, but I'm not sure if this is really a pro, Kind Co-workers, but not sure about the upper management, there's no real communication.

Cons

As I am a honest person, it is my duty to let people know. I've forgone a higher paying job to be part of a company because I believed that I would have a career at Annalect in the marketing industry, but I was wrong and I deeply regret it not leaving sooner. You may have contribute your loyalty and effort, but don't expect to receive the same kind of loyalty. Be aware of the little things that the upper management tells you, no matter how wonderful it sounds what they tell you, they will want you to continue to produce great work and solve all the companies problem without being compensated or rewarded for contribution. There's are talented teams, but there's no community in this company, everyone will stick to their own little niche. I've contributed to this company many great solution, where the upper management reaped all the rewards and when things goes bad, the lower level are taken for as a scapegoat. There are many elusive office politics/ conflict that you do not see until it hits you. Lastly, tons of fake complement but delivered tons of false hopeful promises, if you are not part of the upper management, you are only a number in the books, doesn't matter how much effort you've put in to build the BRAND (Annalect). When you are no longer able to contribute valuable ideas, you are no longer an asset and is easily expendable. Be expected to train someone they've hire cheaper to do your job after you trained them. You have been warned : )

Advice to Management

Over the course of the year, I've seen many young talented people leave the company to find more and better compensated & reputable company. You may have seen many great work being delivered by hard working team member at this company, but don't be fooled because many people who have contributed finally realized they are under-compensated and left this company. At this rate, I do not see the company failing any time soon, but will have competitors who will rival this company and offer better services, and will eventually take down this company. Hopefully this company will change for the greater, or probably become beaten by competition.

Smartest people i've ever worked with and great culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Annalect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've never worked with smarter people than here. Great culture, putting lots of money and time into ensuring culture and talent development accompanies the massive growth that we've seen. Strong product line, being a part of cutting-edge analytics products Excellent work/life balance Great growth potential Summer Fridays Great benefits

Cons

Certain groups, since driven by the client's needs, tend to move all in one direction, then rapidly change directions. This is mainly dictated by the client that constantly changes their needs, but it's a factor to list because if you aren't comfortable with change, it won't make you happy.

Advice to Management

Keep making the changes that you've done this past year. They're really showing!

Good treatment for employees. Great coworkers.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Annalect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't speak for the rest of the company, but the engineering department really takes care of their own. Everyone friendly, understanding, and helpful. The projects are new and constantly pivoting, which has its downsides but also adds a lot of room for input from every employee. Off the cuff benefits are awesome; frequent happy hours, lenient work from home policy, and in house activities make it a great company for young and ambitious professionals.

Cons

I have personal reservations about the revenue model, but that's not my department.

Advice to Management

Refine without pivoting.

Forward-thinking company, continuous opportunity to learn

I worked at Annalect full-time

Pros

- Endless opportunities to learn and grow your experience - Stay atop latest trends and emerging practices - Work on a variety of brands and clients - Company recognizes need to pivot and embraces change

Cons

- Human Resource department lacks experience - Human Resources inhibits recruitment and the interview process

Annalect provided a great foundation for a career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Exposure to many different aspects of the ad-tech industry, supports movement within the company.

Cons

No clear direction of the company vision

Being First is Always a Challenge

Pros

Ballsy moves towards the future of marketing Fun Challenging

Cons

Direction changes often Poor communication Inconsistent leadership

Advice to Management

Get a better framework

Good company to work for

Pros

Great worklife balance and excellent perks and working for cutting edge analytics company

Cons

the negativity is changing for the better; upper management is changing and model is changing for the better to fix the previous issues

Horrible. Abusive environment. Very thankless experience

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

Pros

Good vacation policy. Flexibility to work from home if it snows.

Cons

Annalect is understaffed and the staff is overworked. Senior leadership can be abusive and managers can be difficult to work with.

Advice to Management

Take complaints seriously.

On the right course

Pros

a bit of a rocky beginning, as with most new ventures. Now getting its legs under them

Cons

hard to change things overnight, leads to the wrong people in the wrong jobs

Advice to Management

keep righting the ship

RSS Feed </> Embed