AnnieMac Home Mortgage Reviews

Joseph Panebianco

1. Big upside

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great supporting cast. Invest in their company and in realtor relationships

Cons

Not to many cons to mention. You get in what you put out as an LO.

Advice to Management

Would be great if you paid for LOs benefits since they work hard and are straight commission. But no mortgage company does.

2. Great Company to Work For, Gained Tremendous Amount of Experience for Future

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at AnnieMac for 10 years and this company taught me many of the tools I needed to develop into the worker I am today. The company is going through tremendous growth and has high level, trustworthy individuals guiding the firm down the proper path. Upper Management is also very visible and all employees have access to each one, even the President, when in need or when they have issues they need addressed. The company promotes an employee driven environment which really helps with confidence when working with a mid size company of 500 employees plus. They keep the workplace professional but also fun which is nice.

Cons

There aren't many cons but if I chose one it would be the struggles that come along with growing. They are constantly trying to improve processes and sometimes there many be some hiccups along the road. I think this is a constant compliant with every growing company though and expected. Improvements come with time.

Advice to Management

The management is great. Very personable, educated and willing to put countless hours in to make Anniemac a great place to work for. Advice would be to keep doing what they are doing.

Crazy overtime - no pay for it

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage

Pros

I was able to work remotely

Cons

there was an insane amount of work

Advice to Management

hire more people - pay overtime

I love working here!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage

Pros

This is a great company who has grown a lot in the past 2 years that I have been here and it is very exciting to watch. Since I am still early in my career, I have felt in the past that other companies did not take my ideas or input seriously. AnnieMac, however, is interested in what I have to say and does not make me feel belittled. Everyone here is treated with respect and equality.

Cons

Some people here can be cliquey and live on drama, but it is easy to avoid getting involved.

Ex Employee Review

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Although not with Annie Mac anymore I worked there for several years and always thought they were a very strong company with good leadership. They care about their people, have a strong support network, good products and are clearly heading in the right direction as a mortgage company. I would definitely recommend them to any branch with an established purchase business.

Cons

They are very focused on the purchase business so ex-refi LO's building a purchase business from scratch might struggle here unless your connected with the right branch. I wish I had started building my purchase business earlier.

Advice to Management

Don't let everything that is great about Annie Mac slip away when you grow bigger. I'd like to come back once I get my purchase business strong enough.

The company preaches "Core Values" but the management doesn't practice what they preach.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage

Pros

There are a lot of hard working employees there, but they are expected to work long hours.

Cons

A lot of turnover. You are expected to work nights and weekends.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about having employees fill out the best place to work surveys and instead really listen to them. Most employees are scared to tell management how they really feel.

8. Great people, great place to work.

Current Employee - Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage

Pros

The staff here is awesome, young company that is looking for good ideas to help grow a good company.

Cons

Company is growing and expanding which is good but creates challenges from a resource perspective...but it is a growing company.

Unless you are in New Jersey-Run in the other direction, Bad News and extremely unprofessional

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent product mix that seems to be improving over time. Competitive LO compensation for self generated business. Perks for the executives.

Cons

This is one of the most unprofessional companies I have ever encountered. The senior management are very good talkers, but repeatedly told our office of the wonderful things to expect, only to turn around and stab us all in the back, The branches are run on a P&L basis to the benefit of the non producing branch managers, They in turn generally originate loans under the name of junior LO;s or marketing staff that have a license to circumvent RESPA. They also force certain products thru favored branch manager such that that branch receives the bulk of the compensation. Again nothing but unprofessional under the cover or lofty names. Decentralized underwriting which also includes sub contractors makes for poorly underwritten files and a huge increase in the time to get a loan thru the pipe. You will do much better at a professional company. I cannot say it strong enough but to run in the other direction.

Advice to Management

Adopt ethical standards and tell the truth in dealing with employees.

Run Don't Walk!

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product mix is good with specialized divisions of renovation lending and reverse mortgage. Strong marketing department that is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

Unfortunately, what is said and what is done is a very disturbing and common practice. There is a sub-culture that is aware of this but afraid to speak openly and honestly about upper management for fear of reprisal. If you aren't based in NJ you are treated like an island with no help. One person will tell you something and then another will enforce what they feel is "best for your business". Annie Mac is very obsessed with projecting an image of greatness for itself and it's CEO, Joe P. I received numerous emails from corporate to vote for Joe P for CEO of the year award. This is the type of propaganda they will spend money on, but to fund the necessities to get a branch up and running are deemed unnecessary.

Advice to Management

Focus on the people who are working to build a book of business vs. magazine covers.

AnnieMac's desire to impress Clients, Business Partners & Employees is unmatched. It's 100% passion to get the job done!

Current Employee - Originating Branch Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Originating Branch Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In-house Operation Team. Real people who care. Management who provides unmatched support. Constantly striving to work smarter. Always received strong effort and results. An intense push to be an Industry Leader. AnnieMac has the strongest Integrity, Compassion and Heart. It comes from the top and is the basis for every day business.

Cons

AnnieMac continues to develop and expand, and changes are a part of the daily process . There are major growing pains as the Company gets larger and volume increases. But there is always the desire to do it better and smarter. There is a genuine respect for the Sales Team. Communication channels are improving. Training opportunities are increasing. The Company's growth takes time, but we see it improve almost everyday.

Advice to Management

Remain approachable as you are now. Keep the forward momentum going. Keep recognizing the value of the Employees. Keep focusing on viable future business strategy. Keep the heart and the core values at the forefront of every new venture. Keep AnnieMac the amazing workplace that it is.

RSS Feed </> Embed