AnnieMac Home Mortgage

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
4.0

Joseph Panebianco

AnnieMac's desire to impress Clients, Business Partners & Employees is unmatched. It's 100% passion to get the job done!

Current Employee - Originating Branch Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Originating Branch Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In-house Operation Team. Real people who care. Management who provides unmatched support. Constantly striving to work smarter. Always received strong effort and results. An intense push to be an Industry Leader. AnnieMac has the strongest Integrity, Compassion and Heart. It comes from the top and is the basis for every day business.

Cons

AnnieMac continues to develop and expand, and changes are a part of the daily process . There are major growing pains as the Company gets larger and volume increases. But there is always the desire to do it better and smarter. There is a genuine respect for the Sales Team. Communication channels are improving. Training opportunities are increasing. The Company's growth takes time, but we see it improve almost everyday.

Remain approachable as you are now. Keep the forward momentum going. Keep recognizing the value of the Employees. Keep focusing on viable future business strategy. Keep the heart and the core values at the forefront of every new venture. Keep AnnieMac the amazing workplace that it is.

Run Don't Walk!

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Product mix is good with specialized divisions of renovation lending and reverse mortgage. Strong marketing department that is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

Unfortunately, what is said and what is done is a very disturbing and common practice. There is a sub-culture that is aware of this but afraid to speak openly and honestly about upper management for fear of reprisal. If you aren't based in NJ you are treated like an island with no help. One person will tell you something and then another will enforce what they feel is "best for your business". Annie Mac is very obsessed with projecting an image of greatness for itself and it's CEO, Joe P. I received numerous emails from corporate to vote for Joe P for CEO of the year award. This is the type of propaganda they will spend money on, but to fund the necessities to get a branch up and running are deemed unnecessary.

Focus on the people who are working to build a book of business vs. magazine covers.

Great Career Move!

Current Employee - Operations in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Operations in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

After leaving a behemoth in the industry it is refreshing to be with a company where leaders are approachable and actually live the values.
    The employees actually like each other and it shows in the cooperation and support provided each department.

Cons

Health benefits could stand some improvement as well as some benefits offered at larger companies like company paid life insurance, etc. This is a growing company with a strong HR department so I am looking forward to continues positive changes in this area

As the company grows continue to reamin available and approachable, empower "next level" managers to make decisions.

Perfect work/life balance at AnnieMac

Current Employee - Junior Underwriter in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Junior Underwriter in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The feeling I get working at AnnieMac is a sense of a company that truly cares about their employees having true Work/Life Balance. Sure there are days we need to work overtime to get the work done, but it's never mandatory to the point you are made to stay. They offer options to help do whatever they can to make your schedule work. If there is a need to work from home to make a personal appointment happen they allow it without making you feel like it's an inconvenience. It's unlike any other experience I have had in my 14+ years in the industry. It’s an atmosphere that is appreciative and supportive. It’s where our own Vice President says “Thank you” to each person when they say goodnight. Often she is the last to leave. I have never had that in any company I have worked with. Her “Thank you” may seem minor to some but to me, it is genuine appreciation. Our manager also expresses thanks and appreciation and consistently asks “What can we do to help make your job easier?” This is by far is one the most positive career moves I have made in my career . It's a very welcoming environment and I find it to be invigorating to be part of the success of AnnieMac’s growth in the industry.

Cons

I have no true cons about the company as a whole. It would be nice to have more ice in the breakroom. But that's about as deep as any cons I can think of will go.

Keep doing what you're doing. I truly feel that the way management is intermixed and interactive with everyone, it really a sense of caring about how we are dealing with the workload. I can't express enough how appreciated it is when management says Thank you. It is not rare that on our busiest and most hectic days to have a manager come to each person's desk and say “How are you?" “How are you holding up?" "What can I do to help?" and we know you mean it. The values AnnieMac places on their employees well being is incredibly high.

Exciting Company - Great Opportunity for growth!

Current Employee - Processor in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Processor in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Career path support, focus on quality, open door policy with Management - family atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes the growth is so fast we find things out after the fact but the communication is still great

A 401k match soon

Camaraderie Among Our Employees

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

AnnieMac Home Mortgage is extremely successful in fostering a strong sense of camaraderie among its employees. AnnieMac Home Mortgage believes hard work and fun are not mutually exclusive. They reinforce this through company picnics, Halloween costume contests, Holiday parties, Appreciation Days as well as Bowling Nights and Potluck Lunches. Employees are also encouraged to recognize their peers through our "AnnieGram" when one employee is meeting and/or exceeding our Core Values. AnnieMac Home Mortgage represents what team work and family is all about!

Cons

AnnieMac Home Mortgage may not have been prepared for the rapid growth it has experienced over the last year to year and half therefore proper support staffing may have been overlooked. This has been rectified and proper procedures/plans are being implemented.

Good company to get involved with

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Alot of business development tools available. Awesome process flow. Great marketing dept. Good executive management staff that cares about the success of their branches.

Cons

Turn times are really good but it can be hard to get a super rush when needed. Licensing dept is a little on the slower end also

Continue expanding business development support to the branches. As the company grows continue to address the needs of branches. As the number of branches increase, create positions for existing branch managers to expand their role in the company. ie state manager , area manager, regional manager etc

Uniquely Amazing Place!

Current Employee - Director in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

AnnieMac is an incredibly warm culture wear, as a former athlete, I feel like I am part of a team. We are treated like adults, but expected to get our work done to attain our goals. Also, the MAP program is a fantastic investment in the future of this wonderful company! Ecstatic to be a part of the team.

Cons

Would love to have an FSA program for benefits

Continue to invest in the MAP program

Great environment to work due to the collaborative efforts of many highly skilled professionals

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of energy in the workplace and a very nice facility! Management is very accommodative of everyone's need to balance work-life challenges and they make coming to work every day a pleasure. It's great to be a part of such a fast growing company!

Cons

Compensation is fair but not above the industry norm. Cost-cutting measures sometimes lead to frustrating situations but overall a balance is maintained.

VISIONARIES OF THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY

Current Employee - Sales in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at AnnieMac Home Mortgage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

GREAT TEAM ATMOSPHERE, STRONG SENIOR MANAGEMENT, CREATIVE MARKETING, AND BUILDING TOWARDS THE FUTURE

Cons

Competitive pay and a better 401k

Increase in pay, profit sharing, and better 401k w match