Anpac

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gregory V. Ostergren

Great company, opportunities for growth

Career Development Trainee (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsMy co-workers were great people and highly competent. Even though I was a temporary intern, my supervisor was attentive to my personal and professional development. I felt valued and that my work really made a difference to the company.

ConsAs a CDT, I worked the entire summer on two fairly mundane projects. However, I doubt my experience would be typical for a full-time employee. The company is definitely "behind the times" in some areas and going through growing pains.

Ok company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsNice people to work with.

ConsHave to take exams to get promotions

Not a place I will work forever.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsIt's a M-F job and there are some great people that work there and I have made some lifelong friendships.

ConsDepending on the department you work in, you are expected to do way too much work and have too much responsibility for the pay that you receive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good People, Low Salaries

Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsIt's a friendly atmosphere with a small-town feeling. People smile and say hello even if they don't know you.

ConsSalaries start low and grow slow. Because of this most employees seem unmotivated, things move very slowly. There's not a lot of innovation or commitment to the company among the staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a business plan and stick with it. It seems like every year or two the last thing we were trying to push really hard is abandoned and called a failure while we rush into a new shaky endeavor.

Very bad experience working for ANPAC for 4 years!

Software Engineer III (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

Prosit was close to relatives

Consin every section that I was familiar with, there was a clique of certain employees. if you were not in the clique, you were treated differently by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementI turned in another employee for stealing and this employee was a favorite of management. This made my management mad at me and set them off on a crusade to fire me.

The employee that was stealing is still working/stealing from ANPAC. Consider this when you are working on improving the bottom lime.

On a very long, deep downside

Agent (Former Employee)

ProsInsurance agent work is very independent, with anpac you have direct access to underwriters and claims adjusters. They are fair in underwriting, though pretty inflexible. Claims dept is above average. Can go over head of underwriter and adjuster if need be
    without consequences.

ConsAs an Anpac agent you only represent them. This is disasterous if they go south in the rates. In my state the rates have been progressively been getting out of line for 9 years. This has caused a mass exodus of clients with big reductions in commissions. Many agents like myself have left due to economic reasons. As an agent if you don't have good rates and they continue to go up higher than everyone else you are in real trouble. They are no signs of things getting better. In fact they have reduced coverage's in homeowners and auto insurance. Overall in my region units are down year after year and total premium is down. The company has fewer agents than it did 10 years ago in my state.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the General Agents. They really know what is going on their area. For the parent Company in Galveston- ANICO, I suggest you heed the wishes of the majority of the agents,
    get a new CEO at Anpac and fire Ostergren. This should have been done 5-6 years ago when agents were demanding it. Now you can see what has happened.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Cares about their employees

Agent (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsTakes a genuine interest in their employees and contractors. Wants to make sure they are successful. Great earning potential. Flexible schedule. Rewarding work.

ConsIt is faced paced and demanding. Not for a "wall flower" or someone that just wants to show up and collect a check.

It was a great company to work for, they had many ways to advance with in the company.

Associate Underwriter (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsThey are very understanding when it comes to their empolyee's. They also offer many trainning programs to advance yourself with in the company.

ConsWith all jobs there is some stress, it was hard keeping up with all law changes.

Customer Service Rep-Intern

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsManagement was nice and understanding when it came to personal leave. They offered a good work/life balance. Continued education was a little stressful as a full time student but was useful. MOST of the people I worked with were great.

ConsThere were too many programs to reference while working on a claim and dealing with people on the phone, they are designing a new claims system now so hopefully that fixes it. In my area there was too much office drama, some people forgot they were out of high school, made an already stressful job more stressful. Kind of like a hostile work environment...

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you value your customer service, you should pay more. And get rid of the people who cause drama (you know who they are due to multiple complaints)

Stuck in the 80s

Claims Representative (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsAs a senior manager said to an applicant in an interview...the best part of working at ANPAC is 4:30 on a Friday.

ConsAntiquated computer system, benefits raise in cost every year more than your raise will be.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate who you place where. Have actual interviews instead of the sham process that currently exists where the candidate is picked before the application process begins.

Worked for Anpac? Contribute to the Community!