Anpac

Very Tight Knit, You have to Know Someone to Get In The Door

Former Employee - Claim Support Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Claim Support Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac

Pros

the work environment was great, management was pleasant without being too sweet but stern enough to keep a tight ship, great training, loved Gracies' Deli on first floor, loved all the charity events, the advancement opportunities

Cons

Get there early or on time or you are really huffing it across that parking lot, you need to know someone to get in, watch out for micromanaging team leaders who think they are managers,

Keep on keepin' on. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

American National is a great place to start your career and learn the insurance industry.

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Your co-workers and the job are pros, but it is basically run by the parent company in Texas, and the parent company really doesn't know what the springfield processes are and they don't care to learn. Most managers are awesome but they are always under the gun for something and you can see it takes it toll from time to time. In my current position my biggest Pro would be the people i work with.

Cons

Pay is way lower than industry standards and ANPAC is losing the best employees to other places because of this. Upper management seems very out of touch with most of the workers.

better compensation would be a start(althougth i know that is difficult), But with the best employees all leave and get huge pay bumps from our competitors it does not reflect well on you.

You're a number. A very underpaid number.

Current Employee - Underwriter in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hours are decent. Always have holidays off. Normal corporate benefits.

Cons

Super expensive benefits for an insurance company. They self insure so it's basically a rip off. No room for growth. Totally female driven company. Hr is ran by a group of blondes who don't know anything about insurance. Outside applicants are treated better than internal. If I didn't need the paycheck, I'd leave before finishing this sentence.

Stop promoting your friends. Promote the qualified and the deserving. Stop blowing money and give your employees more money. Too much money at the top.

A good employer.

I worked at Anpac

Pros

They were flexible, stable, and the hours were very reasonable. There were also lots of good people to work with at this company.

Cons

At times there were limited opportunities for growth, and the pay wasn't as competitive as other places in the area. The management style seemed to decline over a period of years.

Good for a temp job

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great coworkers.

Cons

Top down management. You're given too much to do with the criteria given and upper management doesn't want reasons when it's not done.

Be more realistic.

Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Anpac part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I like working for ANPAC. The people are wonderful and the products are top notch. There is a strong management team in place and the company makes wise business decisions.

Cons

The software and computer programs could be more user friendly. It would also be nice for ANPAC to allow their software to be used on iPads.

Not the company it was 5 years ago

Current Employee - Senior Claims Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Specialist in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are many great people that have been here a long time. The location and city are nice.

Cons

This company is trying to grow without the proper management training or motivation to do so. A recent software implementation completely failed. There was no training leading up to it and no plan to correct problems.

Get rid of claims management, not adjusters.

Slummin It in Redneck Utopia.

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Springfield is a cheap place to live, as wages are very low. Strip club next door to office adds class. The appearance of being able to move up, as most talent leaves within a few years. Never a dull moment, as there is always turnover, so you can do multiple people jobs for a 1% raise

Cons

Management is better the lower you go. Upper management believe in Ayn Rand principles, meaning youll never get a real raise until you make VP (ive heard). They have their golden boys, unless youre one of them, dont waste your time.

A clueless leader and yes men make for, aww forget it, youre all rich now so sit back and let the peasants do the work.

Great company, opportunities for growth

Former Intern - Career Development Trainee in Springfield, MO
    Former Intern - Career Development Trainee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were great people and highly competent. Even though I was a temporary intern, my supervisor was attentive to my personal and professional development. I felt valued and that my work really made a difference to the company.

Cons

As a CDT, I worked the entire summer on two fairly mundane projects. However, I doubt my experience would be typical for a full-time employee. The company is definitely "behind the times" in some areas and going through growing pains.

Ok company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

Have to take exams to get promotions