Anpac Reviews

Updated July 29, 2014
Updated July 29, 2014

3.2

Gregory V. Ostergren

Great company, opportunities for growth

Former Employee - Career Development Trainee  in  Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Career Development Trainee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac as an intern for less than a year

Pros

My co-workers were great people and highly competent. Even though I was a temporary intern, my supervisor was attentive to my personal and professional development. I felt valued and that my work really made a difference to the company.

Cons

As a CDT, I worked the entire summer on two fairly mundane projects. However, I doubt my experience would be typical for a full-time employee. The company is definitely "behind the times" in some areas and going through growing pains.

Slummin It in Redneck Utopia.

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Springfield is a cheap place to live, as wages are very low. Strip club next door to office adds class. The appearance of being able to move up, as most talent leaves within a few years. Never a dull moment, as there is always turnover, so you can do multiple people jobs for a 1% raise

Cons

Management is better the lower you go. Upper management believe in Ayn Rand principles, meaning youll never get a real raise until you make VP (ive heard). They have their golden boys, unless youre one of them, dont waste your time.

A clueless leader and yes men make for, aww forget it, youre all rich now so sit back and let the peasants do the work.

Ok company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

Have to take exams to get promotions

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a place I will work forever.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a M-F job and there are some great people that work there and I have made some lifelong friendships.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in, you are expected to do way too much work and have too much responsibility for the pay that you receive.

Good People, Low Salaries

Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst  in  Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a friendly atmosphere with a small-town feeling. People smile and say hello even if they don't know you.

Cons

Salaries start low and grow slow. Because of this most employees seem unmotivated, things move very slowly. There's not a lot of innovation or commitment to the company among the staff.

Come up with a business plan and stick with it. It seems like every year or two the last thing we were trying to push really hard is abandoned and called a failure while we rush into a new shaky endeavor.

Very bad experience working for ANPAC for 4 years!

Former Employee - Software Engineer III  in  Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer III in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

it was close to relatives

Cons

in every section that I was familiar with, there was a clique of certain employees. if you were not in the clique, you were treated differently by management.

I turned in another employee for stealing and this employee was a favorite of management. This made my management mad at me and set them off on a crusade to fire me.

The employee that was stealing is still working/stealing from ANPAC. Consider this when you are working on improving the bottom lime.

On a very long, deep downside

Former Employee - Agent
    Former Employee - Agent

I worked at Anpac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Insurance agent work is very independent, with anpac you have direct access to underwriters and claims adjusters. They are fair in underwriting, though pretty inflexible. Claims dept is above average. Can go over head of underwriter and adjuster if need be
    without consequences.

Cons

As an Anpac agent you only represent them. This is disasterous if they go south in the rates. In my state the rates have been progressively been getting out of line for 9 years. This has caused a mass exodus of clients with big reductions in commissions. Many agents like myself have left due to economic reasons. As an agent if you don't have good rates and they continue to go up higher than everyone else you are in real trouble. They are no signs of things getting better. In fact they have reduced coverage's in homeowners and auto insurance. Overall in my region units are down year after year and total premium is down. The company has fewer agents than it did 10 years ago in my state.

Listen to the General Agents. They really know what is going on their area. For the parent Company in Galveston- ANICO, I suggest you heed the wishes of the majority of the agents,
    get a new CEO at Anpac and fire Ostergren. This should have been done 5-6 years ago when agents were demanding it. Now you can see what has happened.

Cares about their employees

Current Employee - Agent  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Agent in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Anpac as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Takes a genuine interest in their employees and contractors. Wants to make sure they are successful. Great earning potential. Flexible schedule. Rewarding work.

Cons

It is faced paced and demanding. Not for a "wall flower" or someone that just wants to show up and collect a check.

It was a great company to work for, they had many ways to advance with in the company.

Former Employee - Associate Underwriter  in  Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Associate Underwriter in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They are very understanding when it comes to their empolyee's. They also offer many trainning programs to advance yourself with in the company.

Cons

With all jobs there is some stress, it was hard keeping up with all law changes.

Customer Service Rep-Intern

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac part-time for more than a year

Pros

Management was nice and understanding when it came to personal leave. They offered a good work/life balance. Continued education was a little stressful as a full time student but was useful. MOST of the people I worked with were great.

Cons

There were too many programs to reference while working on a claim and dealing with people on the phone, they are designing a new claims system now so hopefully that fixes it. In my area there was too much office drama, some people forgot they were out of high school, made an already stressful job more stressful. Kind of like a hostile work environment...

If you value your customer service, you should pay more. And get rid of the people who cause drama (you know who they are due to multiple complaints)

Worked for Anpac? Contribute to the Community!