Anpac Reviews in Springfield, MO

Updated October 22, 2014
Updated October 22, 2014

Gregory V. Ostergren

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company, opportunities for growth

Former Employee - Career Development Trainee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Career Development Trainee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

My co-workers were great people and highly competent. Even though I was a temporary intern, my supervisor was attentive to my personal and professional development. I felt valued and that my work really made a difference to the company.

Cons

As a CDT, I worked the entire summer on two fairly mundane projects. However, I doubt my experience would be typical for a full-time employee. The company is definitely "behind the times" in some areas and going through growing pains.

Good for a temp job

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great coworkers.

Cons

Top down management. You're given too much to do with the criteria given and upper management doesn't want reasons when it's not done.

Be more realistic.

Slummin It in Redneck Utopia.

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Springfield is a cheap place to live, as wages are very low. Strip club next door to office adds class. The appearance of being able to move up, as most talent leaves within a few years. Never a dull moment, as there is always turnover, so you can do multiple people jobs for a 1% raise

Cons

Management is better the lower you go. Upper management believe in Ayn Rand principles, meaning youll never get a real raise until you make VP (ive heard). They have their golden boys, unless youre one of them, dont waste your time.

A clueless leader and yes men make for, aww forget it, youre all rich now so sit back and let the peasants do the work.

Ok company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

Have to take exams to get promotions

Not a place I will work forever.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a M-F job and there are some great people that work there and I have made some lifelong friendships.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in, you are expected to do way too much work and have too much responsibility for the pay that you receive.

Very bad experience working for ANPAC for 4 years!

Former Employee - Software Engineer III in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer III in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

it was close to relatives

Cons

in every section that I was familiar with, there was a clique of certain employees. if you were not in the clique, you were treated differently by management.

I turned in another employee for stealing and this employee was a favorite of management. This made my management mad at me and set them off on a crusade to fire me.

The employee that was stealing is still working/stealing from ANPAC. Consider this when you are working on improving the bottom lime.

Good People, Low Salaries

Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a friendly atmosphere with a small-town feeling. People smile and say hello even if they don't know you.

Cons

Salaries start low and grow slow. Because of this most employees seem unmotivated, things move very slowly. There's not a lot of innovation or commitment to the company among the staff.

Come up with a business plan and stick with it. It seems like every year or two the last thing we were trying to push really hard is abandoned and called a failure while we rush into a new shaky endeavor.

It was a great company to work for, they had many ways to advance with in the company.

Former Employee - Associate Underwriter in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Associate Underwriter in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They are very understanding when it comes to their empolyee's. They also offer many trainning programs to advance yourself with in the company.

Cons

With all jobs there is some stress, it was hard keeping up with all law changes.

Customer Service Rep-Intern

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management was nice and understanding when it came to personal leave. They offered a good work/life balance. Continued education was a little stressful as a full time student but was useful. MOST of the people I worked with were great.

Cons

There were too many programs to reference while working on a claim and dealing with people on the phone, they are designing a new claims system now so hopefully that fixes it. In my area there was too much office drama, some people forgot they were out of high school, made an already stressful job more stressful. Kind of like a hostile work environment...

If you value your customer service, you should pay more. And get rid of the people who cause drama (you know who they are due to multiple complaints)

Stuck in the 80s

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a senior manager said to an applicant in an interview...the best part of working at ANPAC is 4:30 on a Friday.

Cons

Antiquated computer system, benefits raise in cost every year more than your raise will be.

Re-evaluate who you place where. Have actual interviews instead of the sham process that currently exists where the candidate is picked before the application process begins.