Anpac Reviews

2.8
Gregory V. Ostergren

1. Great place which cares about their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They host monthly free events for all employees to participate in such as free root beer floats, game days, and even an all expenses paid Holiday Dinner Party you can bring your spouse to! Who else does that these days?

Great team atmosphere

Eager to further your education

Fun Coworkers

Awesome paid Holidays, vacation days, etc.

Cons

Communication across the entire Enterprise is slowly getting better, but has its speed bumps

Got real tired of working there...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There's certainly a lot of good people and good opportunities at the home office.

Decent benefits (matching 401k, health, etc).

On-site deli enhances sense of community.

Cons

The parent company, ANICO (in Texas), is taking control of certain functions previously left to ANPAC to self-manage. I think a lot of employees (maybe even some managers) feel powerless to really change things or have an effect on important decisions. I think to some extent they bring ANPAC down when they take control of certain functions. I certainly never liked dealing with parent company, their GlassDoor score was in the dumps until recently (maybe they are trying to do better now), their people seemed to have unprofessional attitude on many occasions.

Annual raises were usually 1% - 2% ... pretty hard to be excited.

Advice to Management

Fight for sane procedures and professional communication... Steer clear of excessive red tape and bureaucracy.

software developer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac

Pros

Good hours, some telecommute, education opportunities

Cons

Poor management, low pay, outsource to India

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

Overworked, underpaid, and the company is still trapped in the 70s with arcane procedures that make no sense.

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are nice and I don't feel like management is constantly micromanaging me.

Cons

Pay is at the bottom tier of the industry average while they expect claims reps to shoulder the vast bulk of the work.

It's very common for most employees not on a time card to work after hours and come in on weekends.

Progress at the Missouri office is stymied by bureaucracy in Texas. It literally takes MONTHS to get a job listed when someone leaves, and we are perpetually understaffed as a result. I can't help but feel like this is done on purpose to encourage turnover and decrease staffing costs.

Claims are the HEART of any insurance company, and the claims department is the LEAST funded and appreciated.

Walk around some other departments in the Springfield office and see how nice their work environment is, then go to the Men's bathroom on the claims floor where we have leaks over our toilets, and water from the bathroom(s) above are LITERALLY leaking on our heads when we use the restroom.

The trainers are great but the training is a joke. It's come a long way but they fail to retain new and quality employees because they'll bring in new people with 0 experience and start dumping claims on them, then expect them to go through training MONTHS after they've been there and are already sinking in the workload.

Advice to Management

Enjoy your pay- you've created an environment that encourages turnover so you can save on staffing and pay yourself bigger bonuses!

6. Very Tight Knit, You have to Know Someone to Get In The Door

Former Employee - Claim Support Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Claim Support Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac

Pros

the work environment was great, management was pleasant without being too sweet but stern enough to keep a tight ship, great training, loved Gracies' Deli on first floor, loved all the charity events, the advancement opportunities

Cons

Get there early or on time or you are really huffing it across that parking lot, you need to know someone to get in, watch out for micromanaging team leaders who think they are managers,

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

You're a number. A very underpaid number.

Current Employee - Underwriter in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hours are decent. Always have holidays off. Normal corporate benefits.

Cons

Super expensive benefits for an insurance company. They self insure so it's basically a rip off. No room for growth. Totally female driven company. Hr is ran by a group of blondes who don't know anything about insurance. Outside applicants are treated better than internal. If I didn't need the paycheck, I'd leave before finishing this sentence.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting your friends. Promote the qualified and the deserving. Stop blowing money and give your employees more money. Too much money at the top.

8. Good for a temp job

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great coworkers.

Cons

Top down management. You're given too much to do with the criteria given and upper management doesn't want reasons when it's not done.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic.

9. Not the company it was 5 years ago

Current Employee - Senior Claims Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Specialist in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are many great people that have been here a long time. The location and city are nice.

Cons

This company is trying to grow without the proper management training or motivation to do so. A recent software implementation completely failed. There was no training leading up to it and no plan to correct problems.

Advice to Management

Get rid of claims management, not adjusters.

Slummin It in Redneck Utopia.

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Springfield is a cheap place to live, as wages are very low. Strip club next door to office adds class. The appearance of being able to move up, as most talent leaves within a few years. Never a dull moment, as there is always turnover, so you can do multiple people jobs for a 1% raise

Cons

Management is better the lower you go. Upper management believe in Ayn Rand principles, meaning youll never get a real raise until you make VP (ive heard). They have their golden boys, unless youre one of them, dont waste your time.

Advice to Management

A clueless leader and yes men make for, aww forget it, youre all rich now so sit back and let the peasants do the work.

11. Great company, opportunities for growth

Former Intern - Career Development Trainee in Springfield, MO
    Former Intern - Career Development Trainee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were great people and highly competent. Even though I was a temporary intern, my supervisor was attentive to my personal and professional development. I felt valued and that my work really made a difference to the company.

Cons

As a CDT, I worked the entire summer on two fairly mundane projects. However, I doubt my experience would be typical for a full-time employee. The company is definitely "behind the times" in some areas and going through growing pains.

RSS Feed </> Embed