Anpac Reviews

1. Very Tight Knit, You have to Know Someone to Get In The Door

Former Employee - Claim Support Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Claim Support Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac

Pros

the work environment was great, management was pleasant without being too sweet but stern enough to keep a tight ship, great training, loved Gracies' Deli on first floor, loved all the charity events, the advancement opportunities

Cons

Get there early or on time or you are really huffing it across that parking lot, you need to know someone to get in, watch out for micromanaging team leaders who think they are managers,

Keep on keepin' on. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

2. Overworked, underpaid, and the company is still trapped in the 70s with arcane procedures that make no sense.

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are nice and I don't feel like management is constantly micromanaging me.

Cons

Pay is at the bottom tier of the industry average while they expect claims reps to shoulder the vast bulk of the work.

It's very common for most employees not on a time card to work after hours and come in on weekends.

Progress at the Missouri office is stymied by bureaucracy in Texas. It literally takes MONTHS to get a job listed when someone leaves, and we are perpetually understaffed as a result. I can't help but feel like this is done on purpose to encourage turnover and decrease staffing costs.

Claims are the HEART of any insurance company, and the claims department is the LEAST funded and appreciated.

Walk around some other departments in the Springfield office and see how nice their work environment is, then go to the Men's bathroom on the claims floor where we have leaks over our toilets, and water from the bathroom(s) above are LITERALLY leaking on our heads when we use the restroom.

The trainers are great but the training is a joke. It's come a long way but they fail to retain new and quality employees because they'll bring in new people with 0 experience and start dumping claims on them, then expect them to go through training MONTHS after they've been there and are already sinking in the workload.

Enjoy your pay- you've created an environment that encourages turnover so you can save on staffing and pay yourself bigger bonuses!

You're a number. A very underpaid number.

Current Employee - Underwriter in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hours are decent. Always have holidays off. Normal corporate benefits.

Cons

Super expensive benefits for an insurance company. They self insure so it's basically a rip off. No room for growth. Totally female driven company. Hr is ran by a group of blondes who don't know anything about insurance. Outside applicants are treated better than internal. If I didn't need the paycheck, I'd leave before finishing this sentence.

Stop promoting your friends. Promote the qualified and the deserving. Stop blowing money and give your employees more money. Too much money at the top.

5. Good for a temp job

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, great coworkers.

Cons

Top down management. You're given too much to do with the criteria given and upper management doesn't want reasons when it's not done.

Be more realistic.

6. Not the company it was 5 years ago

Current Employee - Senior Claims Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Specialist in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are many great people that have been here a long time. The location and city are nice.

Cons

This company is trying to grow without the proper management training or motivation to do so. A recent software implementation completely failed. There was no training leading up to it and no plan to correct problems.

Get rid of claims management, not adjusters.

Slummin It in Redneck Utopia.

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Springfield is a cheap place to live, as wages are very low. Strip club next door to office adds class. The appearance of being able to move up, as most talent leaves within a few years. Never a dull moment, as there is always turnover, so you can do multiple people jobs for a 1% raise

Cons

Management is better the lower you go. Upper management believe in Ayn Rand principles, meaning youll never get a real raise until you make VP (ive heard). They have their golden boys, unless youre one of them, dont waste your time.

A clueless leader and yes men make for, aww forget it, youre all rich now so sit back and let the peasants do the work.

8. Great company, opportunities for growth

Former Intern - Career Development Trainee in Springfield, MO
    Former Intern - Career Development Trainee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were great people and highly competent. Even though I was a temporary intern, my supervisor was attentive to my personal and professional development. I felt valued and that my work really made a difference to the company.

Cons

As a CDT, I worked the entire summer on two fairly mundane projects. However, I doubt my experience would be typical for a full-time employee. The company is definitely "behind the times" in some areas and going through growing pains.

9. Ok company

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

Have to take exams to get promotions

10. Not a place I will work forever.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Anpac full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a M-F job and there are some great people that work there and I have made some lifelong friendships.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in, you are expected to do way too much work and have too much responsibility for the pay that you receive.

11. Good People, Low Salaries

Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Springfield, MO

I worked at Anpac full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a friendly atmosphere with a small-town feeling. People smile and say hello even if they don't know you.

Cons

Salaries start low and grow slow. Because of this most employees seem unmotivated, things move very slowly. There's not a lot of innovation or commitment to the company among the staff.

Come up with a business plan and stick with it. It seems like every year or two the last thing we were trying to push really hard is abandoned and called a failure while we rush into a new shaky endeavor.