Anritsu

Anritsu Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014
Anritsu – “Outside”

Hirokazu Hashimoto

Good for longer term career focus

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsGreat people to work with, friendly work environment where people are willing to support one another for the success of the overall group. Opportunity to work on leading edge technology projects in a team environment. Good compensation and benefits. Can be an enjoyable place for someone looking at a long term career, with a good work/life balance.

ConsSometimes processes and tools are slow to change with the rapidly changing environment. Facilities are more traditional than the next generation tech companies, and is slow to adapt to new working environments like scrum. Currently in a slow growth market of T&M. If someone is wanting a fast paced start-up environment, this is not the place for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe willing to make changes and take risks for the growth of the company.

Abandon Ship!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsMost People Are Nice, Benefits, 2 or 3 World Class Design Engineers Keeping Company Afloat for Now

ConsIf you aren't a design engineer this place is simply miserable. The proportion of the population of employees that have been at the company for 30 years is so high to a fault. Change is a four letter word. Managers have been stuck in their role for 20 years and are jaded. HR is miserable, I mean awful. No programs do motivate employees. People look out for themselves. Everyone is defensive, not because of who they are, but because they have been "burned" in the past and have given up. Traditional Japanese company that has no sense of humor and only counts about $$$. I wouldn't recommend this company to a friend. I wouldn't recommend this company to an enemy. If you are young and looking to build a career, please, please think twice. You will thank me later.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the design engineer PHDs and clean house elsewhere. This company is doomed when all the baby boomers retire.

Waste of time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsIf you like managers who have no idea what they are doing, if you can smile a lot, this is the good place.

ConsHR and management are living in the stone age. Not a good place for talented engineers who care about their career. Most managers are not trained or up to date. A manager may be managing engineers but he or she has no idea about the technology or how to manage talented engineers. Even the management concepts are outdated. If you care about your career, think twice again before joining or pack your bag and run before your turn. They kick out contractors and long term talented employees with no warning or resolution whatsoever, you could be next. Some people got in trouble with the visa issues due to this company or just started 2 weeks and let go, etc. I was there for 10 years, saw many hidden issues. Who knows, you could be next!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and learn how others are doing instead of being happy living in stone-age. Hire people who are actually qualified to make educated decisions instead of emotional ones. Respect and value especially talented people and learn how to keep them. Go beyond your managers, you may find issues. Unqualified engineering manager will lose all the talent and will hire more resources than necessary because he or she has no idea. Your HR is a joke too, send them training or hire more up to date, educated people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsNone, I was extremely unhappy with this company... if you like to work at a place where you or the manager had no clue of what you should be working on then this is the place for you.

Conscrappy management. the manager has no clue or ability of gauging work load. the team in which I was working had very poor culture. basically the team was managed by everyone but the manager. If you are a foreign national beware, this place is the not the place for you, we had this one person who was doing great but was terminated from his position because the manager could not gauge that candidates's ability putting that candidate out of visa status. More specifically, poor company policies executed by ignorant managers. Managers may well keep on giving you positive responses and boom will fire you next moment. Stay away, there are lots of good company in the valley to work for.

Experience to take with you

Support Engineer (Former Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsIt was a very diverse environment. Team building events were enjoyable and a good change in the fast pace work loads. Travel portion of the job is not bad if single. 85-90%

ConsFast pace work environment, long travel weeks, 24/7 support role, raises were slow. Staffing was lean in all. Relocation may be required to keep employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff up.

People are afraid of change.

ProsSome people are nice, job security.

ConsVery old workforce. The culture is extremely oppressive and the people there have been working there for way to long and need new ideas. I would not recommend this employer to a friend.

Employees Beware

Management (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsGood Salaries, Benefits, and some employees

ConsNo Training, No Time to adjust to stringent corporate culture

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat Employees with more respect and allow them to develop instead of terminating them with no justification

Poor management; great engineering

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsInnovative and superlative engineering talent.

ConsPoor management, hostile to outsiders. Poor work/life support for employees with no physical injuries.

Advice to Senior ManagementDespite gifted engineers, a 1990s mindset pervades the company. Resistance to any sort of change and dated resources won't attract new talent, and very dated office resources (including phones with actual bells, which was something of a novelty at first) put the company at a disadvantage, despite specifications and engineering that are provably the best in the Test and Measurement industry.

Human resources has apparently never seen the movie Office Space, as cupcake day is a monthly joke. While HR is very supportive of employee questions about benefits, there's little good I can say about their ability to support employees who are discriminated against due to disabilities.

For younger RF engineers, Anritsu might be a good place to learn some fundamental project development and testing skills, but an aging workforce and little ability to attract new talent don't bode well for Anritsu.

It doesn't sound like other departments had the same problem, but my Supervisor and his Manager were openly hostile to new ideas and tolerated employees who ignored the company guidelines on alcohol use in the workplace, making working there tough for this non-drinker.

I found out too late that my manager had not attained a bachelor's degree, and that he'd been working for Anritsu since joining the company in his late teens as a shipping clerk. His lack of people skills and his reluctance to take feedback were major reasons I left the company for another opportunity.

Not a mainstream silicon valley company, but...

Wireless Software Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

Pros- Technically sound professionals
    - Nice reputation in the Test & Measurement world
    - Friendly and Helpful management level employees
    - Great work-life balance
    - Very helpful people around
    - Great work ethics
    - Great transparency and reach from lower technician level to top executives.
    - Regular training for employees
    - sits in the lovely nature of Morgan Hill
    - Nice changes in cafeteria food recently.
    - Sufficient if not ample, recreational activities
    - Amazing to see the co-ordination of its world-wide offices (viz. US-UK-JAPAN-CHINA)

Cons- not a vibrant atmosphere
    - does not have it's presence felt in the Silicon Valley
    - less young crowd
    - located a bit far from the clients site

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more young crowd. Although the company core domain is not main stream (Test & Measurement), it should make its presence felt by promoting itself as it's fellow competitors do. (Seminars/Webinars/Talk Shows/Organizing Events/Trainings)

Not your typical Silicon Valley company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsSolid and stable place to work. Management is careful to avoid actions and decisions that might jeopardize company stability if the economy turns negative. Fairly laid back atmosphere. Good work/life balance.

ConsCompany has been around for a long time, and some employees have been there for decades. Change (even when obviously needed) is slow to occur. Some groups operate like independent companies, with their own processes and ideas. Very few perks which are typical at other local companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer incentives for people to do work rotations in other groups. HR should get more involved in talking to employees, developing career paths, tuning skills to tasks. The company should bring in more perks; on-site car services, on-site dental, etc.

Worked for Anritsu? Contribute to the Community!