Ansira (formerly NSI Marketing Services)

www.ansira.com

Mark Mantovani

1. You have to own it!

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ansira (formerly NSI Marketing Services) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Marketing is a tough field by nature and it takes a personality that has both drive and sense of team to get things done and recognized. This is true for Ansira. It's a fast paced organization with a lot of opportunity for individuals to own their job. Just in the last couple months here I've seen two individuals from two different departments and two different levels just wow everyone in the company. Those two will do well and go far.

The pros:
    - Smart People at all levels
    - Lots to do
    - Room for new ideas
    - The company is growing and expanding

Cons

The downside to a growing, fast-paced, sink or swim company is that at times the work can be overwhelming. That can affect work-life balance, but the company is trying to address that through several initiatives. If you want to come, punch in and punch out, this may not be the company for you.

Advice to Management

I think all leadership should keep their ear to the ground and make sure when and where possible help address work life balance issues and do their best to help retain good people.

2. Unprofessionalism & little opportunities for growth despite HR efforts

I worked at Ansira (formerly NSI Marketing Services)

Pros

HR is amazing and does its best to promote a positive company culture. There are some very intelligent people, I guess it just depends on the team you work with.

Cons

There is a lot of unprofessionalism and lack of respect in the way that employees treat each other, despite HRs efforts, this does not foster a team-like environment or one that helps employees be creative and innovative. It is definitely not one you want to be in day-in and day-out. Upper management does a poor job in listening to and communicating with lower level employees, and a very poor job in addressing employee concerns and promotions.

3. Declining

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ansira (formerly NSI Marketing Services)

Pros

Nice location Metro (in Chicago)

Cons

When I joined I knew it was a high stress environment but I didn't expect to be bullied by my Senior Account Representative. HR is so stretched out complaints get thrown back in your face. I felt like I let my hiring manager down but there was nothing I could do. I was already sick and the constant negativity was just making things worse.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to reevaluate the importance of their employees. There should be more people to carry out the demands for all these high level clients. The segregation between the teams and how they are treated should be reconsidered and the bullying needs to stop.

Trade Promotion Department needs to be completely revamped.

Former Employee - Account Representative II in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Account Representative II in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ansira (formerly NSI Marketing Services) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company events.
    Happy Hour on Friday afternoons.
    Young environment

Cons

Extremely low pay.
    Severely micro-managed
    Overworked and underpaid
    Horrible upper management in the trade promotion department.
    The company doesn't care about any account representatives and doesn't listen to any concerns
    Boring and monotonous work - same thing day after day
    No college degree needed to do the work.

Advice to Management

Look at the reason that TPM has such a high turn-over. No one wants to stay because TPM upper-management overly micro-manages, and the pay is almost un-liveable.

6. Overall a good experience culture wise but not career wise.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ansira (formerly NSI Marketing Services)

Pros

Flexible hours, employee perks, good benefits

Cons

Top heavy with skeletal staff to do the abundance of work.
    Growth opportunities only available if you're friends with the right people

Advice to Management

focus on career advancement for all, better training opportunities

I worked at Ansira (formerly NSI Marketing Services)

Pros

Interview process is not very stressful
    Work-life balance

Cons

Office culture
    Compensation was not ideal at the time I worked there
    Room to grow

8. Company losing vision & innovations

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Addison, TX

I have been working at Ansira (formerly NSI Marketing Services) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good for entry level, and many managers are buddies of the CTO and lack technical skills, so interviews are easy, and job security for doers.

Cons

No standards or processes. PMO team doesn't exist. MDM process is flawed, standard data cleansing practices, NCOA or customer merge/purge are all missing. Nepotism prevalent, Silo driven, no team cross collaboration. Different team work on same task and produce different results. Insight team do not trust Data Services report/numbers. Most of the management team members are busy with new project presentations and acquisitions, so no time left to manage teams or fix the existing challenges.

Advice to Management

Instead of running behind new projects and acquisitions, fix all the existing problems with our current clients. All the loyal clients are stopped renewing contracts as we are not addressing their problems and are only worried about getting the contract extended.

Trade Promotion Management is stressful

Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

- Full time job
    - business casual; a lot of people wore jeans, tshirt, and tennis shoes
    - young group of people
    - can drink at work every Friday starting at 2:30

Cons

- continually work OT (time and a half); your weekends will be filled with work
    - not enough people staffed on your team
    - get yelled at constantly by clients
    - management is a joke; say one thing but do another
    - turn over is high
    - pay is not good

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people who are helping your company stay afloat. Pay them better. Higher more people. Act on your word.

10. Great company in 10 different ways.

Current Employee - Database Administrator, Programming in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Database Administrator, Programming in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ansira (formerly NSI Marketing Services) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

1. No micromanagement: Come in, do your work, go home.
    2. Company closes for 2 weeks at Christmas, not charged to your vacation.
    3. Casual dress
    4. Half-day flex Fridays, all year
    5. And of course: BEER FRIDAYS. On-site bar opens at 2pm on Fridays, can drink at desk, in bar, whatever
    6. GREAT PAY because they re-bill you out. YOU ARE NOT A COST CENTER at Ansira, you're a billing asset (at least in IT)
    7. No pager, no on-call, typically 40 hours a week
    8. No stupid drug tests.

Honestly, I've worked 15 tech jobs in my life. Ansira is worlds away the best.

Cons

1. Busy, lots of business and more coming in each day.
    2. DO NOT apply if you aren't sharp, motivated, and can show stable employment. If you want to coast, then go to work at a big company. Ansira is a small company, and you are therefore high-profile and have much expected of you.
    3. Work from home is a grey-area. It isn't allowed formally, but the rules can be bent when need arises.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing.

Takes extreme advantage of employees, especially lower level - all about the bottom dollar.

Pros

Christmas party, weekly happy hour, lower level promotion within - although little room for advancement.

Cons

Management clueless about value of employees, no investment in technology or talent, ridiculous how lack less and unproductive employees stay secure - regardless of continuous and egregious errors (even with payroll and HR issues made consistently). Long hours, very low increase in wages, little to no room for advancement. Nepotism rampant under management, new CEO is unclear on objectives. Very old school, St. Louis firm - who do you know to get in??

Advice to Management

Quit sacrificing talent for a few bucks. Realize the value (and lack thereof with those who should be gone) of your employees. Investing in people for two years only to give them to the competition is an enormous loss - in time, training, money and other resources. Additionally, it seems there are several senior vice presidents who have input into how things get done - to the point that decisions take months that should take one meeting. Who is in charge at this firm? EVP, CEO, CFO, Sales people? All seem to have a significant "say" in big and small decisions. It is a mess.

RSS Feed </> Embed